GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,183
0 members and 2,183 guests
No Members online

Old 03-30-2009, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

An Alert for anyone with a Netflix Blu Ray subscription

Needless to say that I am pissed...it's bad enough that you pay almost 10 to 15 dollars more for blu ray than you do regular DVD so netflix is finding another way to alienate the tech? Read on:

Dear Suscriber,

You are receiving this email because you added unlimited Blu-ray access to your account for $1 a month. The number of Blu-ray titles has increased significantly and will continue to do so. As we buy more, you are able to choose from a rapidly expanding selection of Blu-ray titles. And as you've probably heard, Blu-ray discs are substantially more expensive than standard definition DVDs.

As a result, the monthly charge for Blu-ray access is increasing for most plans and will now vary by plan. The charge for monthly Blu-ray access on your X DVDs at-a-time plan will increase from $1 a month to $5 a month. The price of your X DVDs at-a-time plan is not changing and remains at $XX.99 a month.

The new charge for Blu-ray access will be automatically added to your next billing statement on or after April 27, 2009 and will be referenced in your Membership Terms and Details.

If you wish to continue unlimited Blu-ray access for $5 a month, you don't need to do anything. If not, you can remove Blu-ray access anytime by visiting Your Account.

If you have questions about this change or need any assistance, please call us anytime at 1-888-923-0898.

-The Netflix Team

So charge me what I am getting but instead of one bucks 5 more?

With hulu.com and DVRing most of my shows, I am questioning if I really need this anymore.

So, if anyone here is also doing blu ray service thru netflix, how long do you plan on keeping the service?
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”

Last edited by DaemonSeid; 03-30-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-30-2009, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
So, if anyone here is also doing blu ray service thru netflix, how long do you plan on keeping the service?
Live-in runs ours and I'm sure when he gets back from his cruise he's going to have a cow about this.

We got NetFlix because Live-in was previously downloading movies illegally only to be watched once then deleted - after moving in with me (I don't download anything illegally because when I was in undergrad I amassed a huge collection of spyware and it freaks me out) he decided to be the bigger person and pay for what was essentially rentals. When we got our blu ray drive and HDTV we upgraded and have really enjoyed it so far but I'm sure we'll be getting rid of it soon enough.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
Live-in runs ours and I'm sure when he gets back from his cruise he's going to have a cow about this.

We got NetFlix because Live-in was previously downloading movies illegally only to be watched once then deleted - after moving in with me (I don't download anything illegally because when I was in undergrad I amassed a huge collection of spyware and it freaks me out) he decided to be the bigger person and pay for what was essentially rentals. When we got our blu ray drive and HDTV we upgraded and have really enjoyed it so far but I'm sure we'll be getting rid of it soon enough.
I just changed my subscription because I am at a point where I use everything else to watch media (some legal, very little illegal now ) and very rarely have time to even watch the stuff I get thru them...I have stuff sitting on my desk now I need to make time to watch so I may wind up cutting it out comepletely.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 03-30-2009, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I cancelled my Netflix last month. I had already downgraded my plan, and dropped it completely with I got At&t Uverse with Video on Demand. I just didn't find much that I couldn't already find online. With At&t, hulu, Amazon-on-demand, & a cable to connnect my pc to my tv, I just didn't see a need for it.