GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24

Old 09-18-2011, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Introduction

Hi ladies,

I wanted to take an opportunity to introduce myself here in the Kappa forum. I'm an alumna of Kappa Psi Delta, the local sorority at NYU that has just become the Eta Pi chapter of KKG. The active sisters just had their formal pledging a little over a week ago, and we are all (actives and alums) going to be initiated together the first weekend in November. I'm so excited about this opportunity, and I'm immensely enjoying learning about all that Kappa has to offer. I can hardly wait for November to get here! I'd welcome any advice anyone has, especially about getting involved with the national organization as an alumna. Thanks!
Old 09-18-2011, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome, PetitChou! This is such an exciting time for both Kappa Psi Delta and Kappa Kappa Gamma! You will be so inspired by our initiation ceremony so enjoy every minute of it.

There are plenty of ways to be involved as an alumna, but first you must be a member of an alumnae association (or pay your dues directly to HQ if there is not an association near you). Then, you will be able to be an officer of your association, advise a chapter, be on a chapter's House Board, or be involved in the provincial/regional/national level after a while. Being "just" a member of your local alumnae association is a great way to learn the ropes, but, with your enthusiasm, I'm sure you'll want to do more!

As an association member, you will make so many friends from many different chapters. Your life as a woman and as a Kappa will be greatly enhanced by these relationships.

I have no doubt that you will learn from the installation team about all the opportunities for alumnae to be involved. I know it seems like November is a lifetime away, but it will be here before you know it. Congratulations!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

What MSKKG said.

Welcome to Kappa! We're so excited you're here!
Old 09-28-2011, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I just want to make sure I read that right. Are alumnae from Kappa Psi Delta also being initiated into Kappa?
Old 09-29-2011, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

That's generally what happens. Unless the alumna member of the local organization that has been chosen to become a chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma has been initiated into another NPC, she may be initiated into KKG. Of course, she doesn't have to, but the opportunity is still there.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

We are. As we went through the process of selecting a national organization, it was very important to us that whatever group we chose to affiliate with was also willing to initiate any of our interested alumnae. Our organization has been around for just over 10 years, so many of our alumnae are still very actively involved with the chapter and have personal relationships with the active sisters. I'm personally thrilled to be able to enjoy the Kappa alum experience and I hope that by getting involved with the different available alumnae opportunities, I'll be able to continue being a resource for my undergraduate sisters.

I actually just recently learned that my supervisor at my internship is a Kappa alum. She has recently relocated to my area and told me she's been hoping to get involved with the alumnae chapter near us too- this is my first experience encountering a sister from a different chapter and a different experience (because as a local, any alum I met had gone to my same college and been a part of my same chapter), and I have to say, it's really, really cool!!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, Installation Weekend has come and gone, and I am proud to finally be able to call myself a sister of Kappa Kappa Gamma!! The whole weekend was lovely, and the Installation Team did a beautiful job of making sure that it was a weekend none of us will ever forget