GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,382
1 members and 2,381 guests
zatylerahvso465

Old 07-07-2005, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

What are your favorite jeans?

My whole teenage and adult life I have been obsessed with having the perfect pair of jeans. I think I'm shaped funny -- I'm a size 2 with NO hips and the world's smallest ass, but I'm broad-shouldered and a C/D cup, so I'm out of proportion and I think I look ridiculous -- and so I am always looking for jeans that make me look more proportioned. When I tried on the Citizens of Humanity Ingrid #002 jeans, my fiance's jaw dropped, and he said, "Look how cute and curvy you look!" The Pacific wash was what I ended up buying. I love them -- it looks like I have more of a shape! I also have two pairs of Seven A-pocket jeans, one with natural stitching and one with pink stitching, and I love the way those look on me, too. I also have a pair of "old-school" bootcut Sevens, from back when the word Seven was inside the waistband, that I bought a few years ago, and I still love those. Those are also good ass jeans. The Citizens jeans, though, remain my fiance's favorite, and he wants me to have more in the Ingrid cut.

I've owned Habitual jeans twice, and both times I ended up selling them on eBay because once I got them home and wore them a couple of times I hated them. I've tried on several styles of Paper Denim & Cloth jeans, and they just never look right on me.

I remember a couple of people mentioning that they own Blue Cult jeans. I have always loved the way they look but have never tried any on -- how do they fit? Can anybody recommend a particular cut that might flatter my bony little ass and make it look more like an actual ass?

What are YOUR favorite jeans?

Seriously, I should be doing work, but this is important.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-07-2005, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: What are your favorite jeans?

Quote:
Originally posted by lauren1874
Seriously, I should be doing work, but this is important.
I think that GreekChat is important.

On w/ the thread!
Old 07-07-2005, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
I have a similar problem. I'm pretty tall, about 5'10 and some change, with long legs, and no hips. The other problem is that my quads are HUGE because of rowing and triathlon training. I hate low riders because I hate the flesh hanging over the sides (yuck) and because they rub on my insulin pump which hurts. But I hate high waist ones too because they make me feel like a fogey. I hate flares because they make me look short and dumpy and they're tight on my quads and look stupid. But then I found a pair of Gap "slim fit" straight leg, medium rise jeans...perfect in every way. High enough not to squeeze my giggle or rub my pump, but low enough not to look old fart, not tight on my quads, and long enough not to be high waters. Nice dark wash too. I am going to wear them till they fall apart...and then I'll patch them. Oh and I got them for 10 bucks on sale.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I too am on the short side (5'5''), rather well endowed, with not much butt to speak of. I loooove my Sevens, especially the A-pocket varieties (I recently got a pair of distressed A-pockets with metal studs forming the A's). Paper Denim & Cloth work well for me as well, as do Blue Cults, but recently Blue Cult has disappeared. Are they still around? Chip & Pepper jeans are good too

One brand that I love the look of, but don't look good on me are Rock & Republic.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:37 PM

I am "5'7" and 120 pounds of all legs. It's hard to find a pair of jeans that fits good on my hips but are also long enough. I have normal size hips but not much of a booty. I've found that the best jeans for me are Guess and Citizens for Humanity. Everything else either doesn't fit snug enough on the butt, too narrow on my hips, or makes me look like I'm wearing a pair of capris!
Old 07-07-2005, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I kind of like my XOXO jeans, myself. They're not that expensive compared to other brands, either...maybe around $50 to $80.

I am convinced that apparel makers believe everybody in the United States has no hips. I have the same problem my mom had when she was younger--my waist is one size, but my hips are like a size bigger. So if I get pants that fit my waist I can't squeeze my butt into them, but if I get them to fit my hips, the waist is waaaaaaay too big so there's this huge gap in the back. Yuk! Thank God for whoever invented hip-huggers...the whole waist thing isn't usually an issue with those.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to cntryZTA5
I'm 5'8" and 130 pounds with a butt. I have a pair of Joe's Jeans that I love! They fit me perfectly. I tried on a pair of Citizens but they didn't fit me nearly as good.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

My favorite jeans are Pepe Jeans and Parasuco Jeans, especially style # 8094. I tried to find some pix online, but couldn't. But those are the best.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Levi 550, light stone wash or any stretch bootcut jeans in that color

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 07-07-2005, 05:49 PM

I'm 4'11 and 90 lbs with NO legs whatsoever and I enjoy Express jeans because they come in SHORT sizes. So I can wear a 2 SHORT, as opposed to a size 2 that's made for a 5'9 Barbie doll.

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm 5'10" with hips and a butt and have a pair of Blue Cult that I love (but am afraid to try them on after the Holiday weeknd) and a pair of Blue2 (bought them on eBay, the seller said they were Blue Cult, but when i got them, they were the lesser-end brand. Oh well) that aren't bad either.

I tried on a pair of Joe's Jeans and loved loved loved how they fit but couldn't justify spending that much at the time.

Otherwise I have my trusty Silvers or GAP long and leans to fall back on, since I know they'll always be long enough.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Miss Sixty
Diesel
Seven
Blue Cult--I just bought my first pair of Blue Cults a few weeks ago. I have a small waist and wide hips, and I didn't have a problem with the waist-hip issue like I do in most other jeans.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Honestly, I love my cheap ass Old Navy ultra low rise jeans more than anything. They fit my no-ass, no-hip having body perfectly.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I usually buy American Eagle and Old Navy. I'm not going to get printing ink on jeans that cost $120.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:05 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm skinny with super-long legs (36-inch inseam). The best jeans I've found are GAP Long and Lean with the X-Long inseam. They're very affordable. I also love Lucky Brand Jeans. I just wish I could find them on sale sometimes.