GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465

Old 08-23-2002, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Barbara,
Thank you so much for that explanation! I was never VP Recruitment or involved in the bid matching process or anything so I wasn't entirely sure how it worked.

So I guess they don't have to wait until all chapters meet quota in order to do quota additions? I can see how that benefits the new members by matching them where they want to be, but it really hurts the smaller chapters, because those women who weren't matched originally are no longer available for snap bidding (not that anyone has accepted a snap bid at my school in at least the past 5 years or so).

I may have more questions later...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-23-2002, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Quota Additions really do benefit the smaller chapters, because only the smaller chapters should be allowed to take quota additions if possible. Sometimes it not possible to match girls with the smaller chapters and rather than have a number of girls go bidless, the local Panhellenic will offer quota additions to chapters that have made quota. Remember, the smaller chapter can only take additional members, if that chapter appears on the girl's pref card. They won't match a girl to a chapter blindly.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 08-24-2002, 02:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
Iowa State

I heard that Iowa State's quota is 23. Only some houses got 23 plus plus.

Old 08-24-2002, 02:22 AM
GreekChat Member

At Texas Tech University, quota was 54 + additions
Old 08-26-2002, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladybug1116
I heard today that quota at Florida State was 59. Phi Mu ended up with 64 girls!! (sorry had to brag on my chapter) Anyway, I'm sure Barbara can tell us how everyone did since she's in the middle of the action down there...
Old 08-26-2002, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator

I was told that the sorority quota was 21 here at the University of Central Oklahoma.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 08-26-2002, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Quote:
Originally posted by ladybug1116
I heard today that quota at Florida State was 59. Phi Mu ended up with 64 girls!! (sorry had to brag on my chapter) Anyway, I'm sure Barbara can tell us how everyone did since she's in the middle of the action down there...
ZTA at FSU has a new member class of 65 and the chapter's return rates were very, very high this year. We also pledged several legacies and a lot of Tallahassee girls this year. Typically local girls go ADPi and I'm sure they still got their fair share of local women!

Congrats to all the new memberst at FSU. When I know more about who took quota, etc. I will post.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 08-26-2002, 09:08 AM
GreekChat Member

I stopped by to see the girls this weekend, and I found out that so far 111 women signed up for recruitment. That means approximate quota is 111/6=18.5 so far. Those 111 women were just ones who were at school early for summer activities over the past couple of weeks. There will also be tables set up in the student center today until (I think) Wednesday at lunch. *Keeping my fingers crossed for a large turnout!*

BTW, I'm going to be the only advisor for my chapter available to go to bid matching on Sunday morning (even though I'm Scholarship/Alumnae Relations Advisor), so I'm glad I asked all of those questions about quota. Thanks Barbara for answering so thoroughly!
Old 08-26-2002, 05:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to Angels&Arrows
Barbara,

Gamma Phi Beta took 68 girls.. I heard Pi Phi made quota (but I do not know how many girls they pledged), Theta took 40 girls... and that Delta Gamma cut really hard during ice waters, which may have hurt them (those were the two shockers I heard)... That is all I heard... and of course, I could be wrong about any of this...

So, please feel free to correct me!!!!

AND of course... congratulations to Zeta!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by PnguinTrax

ZTA at FSU has a new member class of 65 and the chapter's return rates were very, very high this year. We also pledged several legacies and a lot of Tallahassee girls this year. Typically local girls go ADPi and I'm sure they still got their fair share of local women!

Congrats to all the new memberst at FSU. When I know more about who took quota, etc. I will post.

Last edited by Angels&Arrows; 08-26-2002 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-26-2002, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

At Nebraska, Quota was 43 this year. I know that Tri Delt got 46, AXO got 53 and Theta got 49. I also know that Alpha Phi was the first to fill their New Member Class for like the 5th year in a row, but I'm not sure how many they ended up with.

There were a ton of girls going through this, and surprisingly few guys.
Old 08-26-2002, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Angels & Arrows -- is that Gamma Phi # of 68 for FSU? If so, then I say Wah-hoo!
Old 08-26-2002, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quota at USF was 35. 3 sororities got quota, 2 got a little bit under, and KD got quota +1! We love our new members, they rock!
Old 08-27-2002, 02:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quota for the Univeristy Of Texas at Austin will be 63
Old 08-27-2002, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Quota at the University of Arizona was set at 57. Bid night is tonight.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

AZ-AlphaXi

How did bid night end up? How did all of the houses do? How many girls ended up joining? One of my friends goes to U of A. Anyone know anything about U of A??