GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,267
2 members and 1,265 guests
Cookiez17

Old 12-12-2001, 02:17 PM
Banned

bump
Old 12-12-2001, 03:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Yeah Moxie, we had sororities like that too. I will never forget one night being in bed in the dorm when this loud knocking came at our door. I was like "what the hell, is the building burning down or something?". I opened up the door and it was a sorority looking for one of their pledges, and it was about 2:30 in the morning!!! Guess they had the wrong door, but they had two pledges with them dressed up in crazy get ups with the word "BAG" written across their foreheads. Lovely I'll stick with my boring non-hazing house as well
Old 12-12-2001, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MoxieGrrl

At Duquesne, my roommate pledge a sorority where they pretty much controlled her life. She had to eat with them every day, could only go to class if she was with another pledge, had to address all sisters by their full name and say their hometown whenever she saw them, and look down as a sign of deference. She came home crying every night. And what she told me isn't all of it....

Another sorority at Duquesne did do the circle the fat, masturbate on a basketball things....the girls who pledged this house lived next door to me. Plus, they came to get them at 1 AM, made them dress like whores, and walk the streets of Oakland asking anyone if they were "looking for a good time.'

Ick...I'll stick with my "boring", non-hazing house!
Was this one of the locals at Duquesne? When I was at Pitt some years back there was a Duquesne sorority called Tau Delta Tau that was pretty notorious for their bad hazing. I just wondered if they were still around and if this was them.
Old 12-12-2001, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by shadokat
Cashmere--

What sorority was she in? I know TONS of people at York
she is a Phi Sigma Sigma! I LOVE her sisters!

York is known for some crazy (and funny) hazing-type stuff.

Who do you know there? What sororities/fraternities are you most friendly with?

Old 12-12-2001, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

The craziest rumor has to be the lingerie pillowfights. I mean, after a day's work- exec meetings, panhel stuff, philanthropy events....all my sisters come home, throw on our sexiest lingerie and running screaming around my sorority house, beating each other with down pillows. Yup, happens everyday!!
Old 12-12-2001, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KellieBeans2
The craziest rumor has to be the lingerie pillowfights. I mean, after a day's work- exec meetings, panhel stuff, philanthropy events....all my sisters come home, throw on our sexiest lingerie and running screaming around my sorority house, beating each other with down pillows. Yup, happens everyday!!
I hear that rumor all the time too! I think those Hanes commercials with half-clothed girls painting houses, cooking, pillowfighting, etc, don't help. I mean, really, who paints a house in their underwear?!?
Old 12-12-2001, 10:06 PM

Yeah, my boyfriend says that he WISHES that the rumor he heard about the ZTA lingerie pillow fights were true.

In high school, I heard a rumor that one of the fraternities at UCF did something called the Elephant Walk. This is kinda gross so beware! Supposedly, all the guys stood naked in a line. They each had to walk with one thumb in their mouth and the other in...ahem...the guy in front them's buttocks. If the guy stumbles, he has to switch thumbs. UGH!!!!! YUCK!!!! It's not true though!

I held a leadership position on one of the student organizations my freshman year. The advisor was very anti-greek. She had gone to UCF and had graduated about five years before. She had the nerve to say to me, "When I was an undergraduate, they use to make all the new ZTA's sleep with at least one frat boy before initiation. Do they still make you do that?" I answered sarcastically, "Yes...after they circle our fat."
And, no, ZTA never made their pledges sleep with frat guys!
Old 12-12-2001, 10:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to pirate00 Send a message via Yahoo to pirate00
RUMORS GALORE!!!

My campus has it's share of rumors. Here are a few:

-Phi Tau's house has an underground tunnel to ZTA's house for "easy access" rendezvouses
-DZ pledges have to be gangbanged by 4 brothers of SAE prior to initiation
-Each KD pledge has to sit in the middle of a room surrounded by the sisterhood and has to survive an undetermined duration of belitiling
-TKE pledges are given a a puppy at the pledge inductions. they raise the puppy thoughout plegeship, get attached to it, then the night before initiation, the must slit the throats of the dogs.
(And let's not forget the rumor of my chapter, LMAO...........)
-APO "supposedly" invites Gamma Sigma Sigma to a "night of pleasure" with our new brothers right after inititaion.

Of course, these are all complete and utter BULLS**T!!!!

Last edited by pirate00; 12-13-2001 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-12-2001, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAngel
Yeah, my boyfriend says that he WISHES that the rumor he heard about the ZTA lingerie pillow fights were true.

In high school, I heard a rumor that one of the fraternities at UCF did something called the Elephant Walk. This is kinda gross so beware! Supposedly, all the guys stood naked in a line. They each had to walk with one thumb in their mouth and the other in...ahem...the guy in front them's buttocks. If the guy stumbles, he has to switch thumbs. UGH!!!!! YUCK!!!! It's not true though!

I held a leadership position on one of the student organizations my freshman year. The advisor was very anti-greek. She had gone to UCF and had graduated about five years before. She had the nerve to say to me, "When I was an undergraduate, they use to make all the new ZTA's sleep with at least one frat boy before initiation. Do they still make you do that?" I answered sarcastically, "Yes...after they circle our fat."
And, no, ZTA never made their pledges sleep with frat guys!

YUCK, I have heard the Elephant walk one too.
Old 12-12-2001, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by XO_Princess
YUCK, I have heard the Elephant walk one too.
Me too - the grossest ones must travel the fastest!
Old 12-12-2001, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kristiAZD
Yeah, pledges in my chapter always tell us they wish we would do more stuff to them too! We're the "boring house" too, I guess. They didn't want us to beat them or make them sit on basketballs or anything, but they wanted more "drop off in the woods behind school and find your way back type of thing." It amazes me.
Old 12-12-2001, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Scary thing? On a campus somewhere, not gona say where, the boys DO get "relocated" and have to find their way home, via their pledge brothers. But they all think it's fun, and they get pledge points for "relocating" an active brother!

KLTC
Old 12-13-2001, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

some more

Okay this is not a rumor, it happened to someone's father that I know. . ..

. . .male pledges had to pick up a cherry with their cheeks (not the facial ones) from a bowl of whipped cream. The clencher is that the ones who could NOT do it were rewarded, and the ones that could were beaten. . .

homophobia. . .
Old 12-13-2001, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Browneyedgirl and Kelliebean . . .

I am soo dissapointed in you. Telling guys that Sorority women don't hang out and party in their lingerie all the time is like telling little kids there is no santa or the tooth fairy. Its Cruel! And I refuse to believe it!

I will go on believeing that every new Victoria Secret Catalog is just outlining the life and times of a different sorority chapter

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedGirl

I hear that rumor all the time too! I think those Hanes commercials with half-clothed girls painting houses, cooking, pillowfighting, etc, don't help. I mean, really, who paints a house in their underwear?!?
Old 12-13-2001, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Some girl from home actually asked me if we had to 'get naked' during our rituals. I wanted so badly to say 'Yes...nothing unifies a group of sisters like seeing each other in the nude!' but she seemed so obtuse I was afraid she'd take me seriously!

As for you, James, and any other male whose fantasies of half-naked sorority girls frolicking about all day and night are now shattered, I sincerely apologize. You may now return to your regularly scheduled (if slightly perverted and *very* misguided) programming!