GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,704
2 members and 1,702 guests
nataliecavsoz41, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 09-26-2002, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Ole Miss Rush rush story

Rush at University of Mississippi starts today, if there is anyone out there reading from Ole Miss, please tell us about it. There is a an awesome article from the London Times a few years ago that did an in-depth story about one girl's rush experience at Ole Miss. PM if you want it, I don't want to post it because it mentions specific sororities! Good luck!
Old 09-26-2002, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

PiPhiJulie is at Ole Miss and maybe she'll fill us in!

I hope we hear something! Three local girls are rushing there and it'll be interesting to see what happens, especially to the legacy who's real confident but who probably has little chance of scoring her mother's group on that campus--not being from Mississippi.
Old 09-26-2002, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I'd love to hear about Ole Miss, I understand that theirs is one of the most difficult recruitment processes in the country.

I searched for this topic on GC but found no thread; I wonder has anyone ever see the PBS documentary RUSH? As far as I understand the movie documented formal rush at Ole Miss, but it was made about 15-20 years ago. I have never actually been able to see it, I wonder how it portrayed the process?

At any rate, I hope everything at Ole Miss is going well, and the PNMs find the right sisterhood for them.

violets
Old 09-26-2002, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Rush at Ole Miss does begin today - in the middle of the hurricane!! Everything is either wet or blown away. There are about 700 girls rushing and it looks like quota will be at around 72.
Old 09-26-2002, 05:12 PM

If anyone knows how to get a copy of that PBS documentary, I'd love to get my hands on it!

Good luck to anyone going through at Ole Miss, I understand it's the experience to end all rush experiences

Christin
Old 09-26-2002, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

OleMiss Mom - Do you have a daughter going through recruitment this year?
Old 09-26-2002, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter is a junior and a member of Kappa Alpha Theta. She thinks Ole Miss and Theta are the greatest!
Old 09-26-2002, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

That's awesome! My best friend and roommate was a member of Theta at Depauw -- I also studied abroad with a sister of an Ole Miss Theta! Keep us updated!
Old 09-26-2002, 09:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to Angels&Arrows
I talked to PiPhiJulie earlier this week or late last week, she is very excited about rush... I emailed her and told her GC wants updates!!!!!

OleMissMom, my cousin's BF was a Theta in the mid 90s at Ole Miss. Wonderful young lady.

Ole Miss Recruitment is tough... But I do not know many women that go in, not knowing what to expect.

I understand that they moved rush to October from prior to the start of school, because so many girls that did not get bids were leaving school. I know it sounds drastic, but knowing Ole Miss, that does not surprise me. Everyone read my cousin's rush story... the one comment she made to me was... "A&As, the only reason I am worried, is that everyone knows I am going through rush... If I don't get a bid, they will know." I thought it was interesting, because at that time she had only decided to go through rush... she was not sure she would join. However, she is now a proud member of Kappa Delta with 68 pledge sisters/210 sisters and could not be happier!!!

Last edited by Angels&Arrows; 09-27-2002 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-27-2002, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Even though I know I probably wouldn't have survived the cuts haha, I would love to have gone to a school with such a rich Greek system and history. I love the South
Old 09-27-2002, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

It's a bit ironic, but there is a story today in the Daily Mississippian about how the greek community is trying to clean up its image:
http://www.thedmonline.com/vnews/dis.../3d9402bd00567
Old 09-27-2002, 12:33 PM

Here are three more links to stories about Ole Miss reruitment covering IFC and NPC

This is first of a three part article on rush at Ole Miss... it is interesing: http://www.thedmonline.com/vnews/dis.../3d9162218d874

Information on the rounds:http://www.thedmonline.com/vnews/dis.../3d92c2399a03f

Information on dress: http://www.thedmonline.com/vnews/dis.../3d92c349d4b42

Last edited by Angels&Arrows; 09-27-2002 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-28-2002, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I couldn't resist saying, "Hotty Toddy!" I'm a Rebel from way back, but I love to hear news about Ole Miss and recruitment. I was initiated into Kappa Kappa Gamma back in 1977 when recruitment was still called rush!

The Greek community at Ole Miss is very strong. I hope every house is filled with great new members! Please pass along any news y'all hear about recruitment.
Old 09-28-2002, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

Hail State!!
Old 09-29-2002, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by carnation
Hail State!!
lol carnation.... GOOOOOOOOOOO Eagles!!!!!

I do have to say, that the only fight song I remember by heart is Ole Miss'... Hotty Toddy gosh ole mighty who the Hell are we? (I have an excuse, my dad use to teach at Ole Miss)!!!