GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,346
0 members and 1,346 guests
No Members online

Old 09-10-2011, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

"I think it is hard to make a simple model of the bid matching process with all the unknown pieces. My problem with the "artificially" low quotas is the quota additions. At all the schools I've been involved with (granted, only three) the QAs are based on PNM preference, not helping the smaller chapters."

The PNM should be matched to the smallest chapter on their bid card. So if they can put 2 choices down and they don't match to either by quota, then they are a QA to the smallest of the two...which may be their first choice...or may be their second. It doesn't matter. All that matters is that as a QA you go to the smallest chapter.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-10-2011, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Phi - 70
Old 09-10-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
"I think it is hard to make a simple model of the bid matching process with all the unknown pieces. My problem with the "artificially" low quotas is the quota additions. At all the schools I've been involved with (granted, only three) the QAs are based on PNM preference, not helping the smaller chapters."

The PNM should be matched to the smallest chapter on their bid card. So if they can put 2 choices down and they don't match to either by quota, then they are a QA to the smallest of the two...which may be their first choice...or may be their second. It doesn't matter. All that matters is that as a QA you go to the smallest chapter.
(Please bear with me, the caffeine isn't fully kicked in)

While that sounds good, I think I can understand why some systems would do it the other way. If QA = going to the smaller of your chapters, some women will probably automatically not put all chapters down on their bid card because they don't want to go to that chapter. And if your non-fave teeny chapter has asked you back all through rush, you have to put them down or not get a QA at all.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post

The MOI says otherwise.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Not exactly. I have PDF version so I can't copy and paste but it says the Greek Adviser should try to add them equally across the board. So we do to the smallest chapter in most cases.

And really, the way it falls out on my current campus, they are going to the smaller chapter anyway....

Last edited by Titchou; 09-10-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought the houses and pnm's didn't know who was quota additions, so wouldn't it just appear as that pnm received her 2nd or 3rd choice? The one part that seems off would be that some of the girls received a bid from their 2nd or 3rd choice because of where she fell on the lists. But the girl who was actually lower on the list would get her first choice in the end if she didn't match up. I like quota addition and really like that Illinois does this, so I am in agreement. I'm just wondering why they don't add to the smaller house. In the end, you do see how so many pnm's love the house they are invited to on bid day regardless of where it fell on their list, so wouldn't this help keep the entire Greek community stronger.