GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,393
3 members and 2,390 guests
Cookiez17, Sciencewoman

Old 01-05-2008, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

of course I'm around!! I wouldn't leave you hanging!!

12 party is over and holy moley it was an extremely long, exciting day. since I am a sophomore I had to be up and ready to leave early so that I could make it to the Union by 6:45, it was insane!!! when I finally got my list I was soooo nervous, and when I looked at it was shocked! to see that I had a full day, all 12 houses. I didn't get some of my favorites back like Blueberry, Watermelon and Banana, and I got some of my less liked houses, all in all 7 of my top 12 asked me back, and 5 of my bottom 7 asked me back as well. I was incredibly excited!!!

ooh and looking back on my 19 party posts, I realized that I put two houses as Grape. The one day 1 was GrapeFRUIT and I totally spaced and just wrote Grape, day 2 was just plain Grape : )

sooo to start my day...

I was at Kiwi first. Just like 19 party, this chapter felt amazing!! Really comfortable for me, a GREAT skit and awesome ladies, really like it here!!!

Grape!!! (for real!!) Fell in love with this chapter!! had wonderful conversations here and never felt that I was struggling to make a connection of some sort happen, had an amazing time here, great girls great skit great attitude, really great!! (seriously, how many greats??? ugghh it's been a long day!!)

My next house was GrapeFRUIT. Again I felt sort of forced here, but the skit was cute. In the end I feel better about it, but know it isn't for me.

On to Cherry. Again, apparently being a sophomore is a huge turnoff here. The second girl I talked to, when hearing that I was a sophomore, stopped making eye contact and made faces at girls behind me. Conversation was impossible. This house is NOT for me.

I went to Mango next. During 19 party, really liked it, this time I wasn't so sure, was one of the houses that I was iffy about all day and ended up deciding that I would like to see a little more.

Plum. Glad I got to see more, had a really good experience this time and talked to some great girls, changed how I felt about it during 19 party by really making the positives I saw then stand out, very cute skit!!

Then I got a break, which was soo needed. When I got back....

Strawberry. I really liked this house during 19 party, but really felt they emphasized some things that I'm not really looking for in a chapter, was on the fence and ended up including this chapter in my lower 6 at the end of the night.

Raspberry. Knew this house wasn't for me at 19 party, definitely know that it isn't now. One of the girls that rushed me told me how unhappy she was when she got her bid, since she didn't see any positives in the house, and how her friends had to convince her to join since they were going to. She still doubts if she made the right decision but "guesses she is learning to love it." I don't even know what to do with this!! Definitely not were I want to be.

Apple. Really really surprised I was asked back. Since I was double rushed here I didn't know if I had made enough of an impression, and I was glad to go back. The skit here was awesome and I laughed so hard at how much fun the girls were having. Really enjoyed this house and had some wonderful conversations, ending up being a great surprise!!

Blackberry. Glad to see more, but know that it probably isn't for me. Ended up putting them in the top of my lower 6 since I am still somewhat unsure.

Lime. Again really fun, talked to a girl I knew here, comfortable and a really good experience overall : )

Orange. Last house of the night, felt as though the girl I was talking to wasn't interested, which could be the fact that we'd been at it all day, but really felt as though I was boring her. Another conversation here was good, but still feel pretty sure that this house isn't right for me.

At the end of the night my list looked like this (in full order most favorite to least favorite):

Grape, Kiwi, Apple, Lime, Plum, Mango, Strawberry, Blackberry, Orange, Grapefruit, Raspberry, Cherry

I'm excited for tomorrow and should probably be sleeping!! I'll keep you all updated!! have a great night!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-05-2008, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

What does "double rushed" mean?

Glad you had so much fun today!
Old 01-05-2008, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

double rushed means that one active member talked to two PNM's, me and one other girl. sometimes girls also get triple rushed (3:1 PNM's:active) and even quadruple rushed (eek!)
Old 01-05-2008, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Yay, she came back! Great recap, sounds like a fun day, reminds me how tiring rush is/was when there are so many chapters you get to meet. Enjoy tomorrow! Be sure to post!!
Old 01-05-2008, 01:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abelle06 View Post
Raspberry. Knew this house wasn't for me at 19 party, definitely know that it isn't now. One of the girls that rushed me told me how unhappy she was when she got her bid, since she didn't see any positives in the house, and how her friends had to convince her to join since they were going to. She still doubts if she made the right decision but "guesses she is learning to love it." I don't even know what to do with this!! Definitely not were I want to be.
Oh my goodness, why would anyone say that during recruitment?! What an awful thing to tell a PNM, I don't blame you, I would have felt so awkward after that!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

has your concept of any of the chapters changed?
Old 01-05-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abelle06 View Post

SERIOUSLY? I'm sorry, but I think girls who feel like that should just quit. They only end up hurting the chapter and dragging it down. Think of how many girls she probably told that to who might have considered Raspberry before that.

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

6 party is over and it was great!! All of the houses in my top 6 asked me back and I was very excited to start the day. For FSUZeta, yes my concept of some of the chapters has changed, and in the past two days have really helped me to see what is right for me.

today was the scrapbook video day and I started off at Apple. This house was wonderful, like I said before I was surprised to get this house back and I really enjoyed my time there. Watching the video it was hard not to cry, it was so clear how much the girls cared about each other and how fun their sisterhood really was. This house was great!!

After Apple I went to Grape, this house has really become a place where I feel I belong. The girls here were wonderful and again I found myself tearing up during the video. I saw many of the girls that I talked with before and each was so happy and seemed genuinely glad to see me again. The conversations I had here today were amazing and I felt a real connection, I'm trying not to get TOO excited, in case things don't work out in the end, but I know I would love to be a part of something this wonderful : )

Next I went to Kiwi. I was really disappointed here today. While I understand that the general mood of today was supposed to be serious, here the seriousness took away from what made this house stand out to me in the first place. I felt that I was being rushed very hard here and that made me uncomfortable (at one point "we can talk off the record" was said and that made me feel very weird), this house was somewhere I had felt was really good before, but today I just felt like I didn't belong.

Lime. This house was great, the video was great and the girls were nice. It was hard here because I talked to the same girl from yesterday for the majority of the time and it started to get a little bit difficult to keep things going. Overall, as much as I like this house, I'm starting to think that maybe it isn't for me.

Mango. Another house that I felt discouraged at. Conversation here tonight was difficult and I found myself getting bored, something I hadn't really experienced at all so far during recruitment. Another thing that made me less enthusiastic was the video. To me it didn't show the goofy side, the side that comes out after late nights of studying wearing no make up and dancing in the hallways, to me seeing that in the videos at other houses showed the close bond the girls had and here it seemed a little bit to pristine... I don't know, I do know though that my excitement for this house has gone away : ( and I know it isn't right for me.

My last house of the day was Plum. Here things have changed for the positive. The energy level here was great and the conversation was awesome. Really glad to have been given the chance to see more : ) Like this house A LOT!

So after all this, my list was Grape, Apple, Plum, Lime, Kiwi and Mango.

I can't wait for tomorrow, even though I know I have some potentially very hard decisions to make before the night is over. Rho Gamma (recruitment counselor) unveiling is tomorrow night and I can't wait to see what happens!!!

I hope you all have a great night!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!! : )
Old 01-05-2008, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on getting all of your top 6! Sounds like you had a good round. Good luck on your invites tomorrow!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

how exciting. congratulations on being invited back to your top six. i hope that you receive the invitations you are hoping for today. best wishes and fingers crossed!
Old 01-06-2008, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Scandia
Sounds great so far. I am really enjoying reading your story.

Theta Phi Alpha
Old 01-06-2008, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

What did the Kiwi sister follow, "we can talk off the record" with?
Old 01-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Banned

seriously,

that's as bad as the one girl saying she doesn't know if she made the right choice and told that to a PNM......

but congratulations on getting invited back!!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Sounds like another great day! Wow, for that big a greek system, it sounds like they really push through the rounds quickly. 12 parties one day, 6 the very next, and how many today? Is Pref tomorrow? Sounds exhausting but fun! I hope you get the results you want!
Old 01-06-2008, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
pref at IU is today and the PNMs can attend up to 3 parties.

here's hoping you have a great fruit salad and get the invitations you want.