GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,430
2 members and 2,428 guests
3DGator, zagelpitto2616

Old 04-02-2001, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

If we're going to talk about college baseball, then I have to mention my all-time favorite -- the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets!! Gooooo Jackets! Sting 'em!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-02-2001, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Like my hometown girl, Newbie, GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We won today 3-2 . If you fans have not gone out to see Pac Bell Park, and you're in the SF Area, by all means GO!!! It is simply the most beautiful park in all of America. And J.T. Snow is one hottie So is Shawn Estes...yummy LOL

BTW, I LOVE college baseball! Unfortunately, college baseball isn't televised much, so it isn't as "available" as MLB. Too bad...college baseball is really fun to watch

[This message has been edited by sammie17 (edited April 02, 2001).]
Old 04-02-2001, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Yup, my G-men won 3-2! Awesome double plays!!!

Rob, I'm sorry about the loss of Nomar. I really hope he comes back soon, b/c I would like to see him do well ,too! well, at least Pedro pitched well for you guys today! only 1 run allowed... Hey, I dind't know that you guys have Rod Beck now! He was an ex-Giant, and he's one of our favorites here in San Fran...

Sorry not to sound ignorant, but who is alex Gonzalez? What position is he? Do you guys have any links to pictures of him? ( ) Thanks!!
Old 04-02-2001, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Tallahassee, Florida, USA and Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Sisterplum
Newbie,
You don't know who Alex is?! AAAAHHH! Just joking....he's not a well known player (but he should be! ) He's the shortstop for the Jays...here's a link to his bio on the Jays website (but I don't think it's a very good pic of him....at least you'll get to see some of his cuteness! : http://bluejays.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/t...layerid=114924

------------------
Vera
Sister Plum #13
Iota Beta Chi Sorority
Webmaster
http://welcome.to/iotabetachi
Old 04-02-2001, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
Cool

I usually don't follow baseball,cause I think it's boring. But now that basketball season is winding down, I need something to occupy my time

But when I do follow baseball and other sports, it's Michigan teams all the way (except for basketball)
Old 04-02-2001, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

I like the Yankees. All the way again this year.
Old 04-03-2001, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Nomar's out for 2-4 months - probably having surgery today. Back between the allstar break and, well, august - probably earlier (as he has a history of returning back from injury too fast . . . ), we'll see though. And yeah, i'm pretty f-ing bitter.

Anyway - Pedro takes the mound in t-minus 3 hrs . . . beer's in the fridge (right next to the playoff hopes huh?), and all will be well as we go over .500 for possibly the last time for the season! j/k, it won't be that bad . . . i hope!
Old 04-03-2001, 01:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by finest_alum:
Go Cubbies!!! No field in the nation beats Wrigley
Two words:

FRIENDLY . . .
FENWAY . . .

The BEST park in the world - still unique, all the history (pesky's pole, the red seat ted williams hit w/ the 500+ ft home run, pudge fisk waving it fair, the monster ...), it's amazing - it's like a freakin pilgrimage for me every time i go, and i live (literally) right around the corner. anyway - drop the nickel on ya there

Rob
Old 04-03-2001, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Sisterplum, HE IS HELLA CUTE!!!! Heheheeeeeee Now I'm all giddy

Rob, you forgot Pac Bell Park?!!!
Old 04-03-2001, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Cardinals fan here. They didn't exactly get off to a rip-roaring start yesterday, but it's a long season. They should easily win the NL Central again. Beyond that, I'm not sure. Everyone seems to have conceded the World Series to the Yankees already.
Old 04-03-2001, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Tallahassee, Florida, USA and Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Sisterplum
Newbie,
I told ya!

And KSigRC, I'd have to say that Fenway is a very unique park! I've actually seen the majority of my major league games there (I have friends in Boston who I visited frequently!) I love the "monster"!

And only at Fenway would you sit next to a guy who's so drunk he orders hotdogs for him and his "friend" (FYI...we were sitting next to the Green Monster!) This guy ordered two dogs cause he said the Green Monster was hungry! LOL! Only in Fenway baby!

I did only go to Fenway when the Sox were playing the Jays though (and they won the majority of the time too! )

------------------
Vera
Sister Plum #13
Iota Beta Chi Sorority
Webmaster
http://welcome.to/iotabetachi
Old 04-03-2001, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Alumnus who cares:
Cardinals fan here. They didn't exactly get off to a rip-roaring start yesterday, but it's a long season. They should easily win the NL Central again. Beyond that, I'm not sure. Everyone seems to have conceded the World Series to the Yankees already.
2 thangs:

1. Don't forget about the astros - they sucked last year, but they have some sick players coming into their prime, and brad ausmus is a key pickup - and good luck to rick ankiel, such a sad story . . . he was pretty sick himself

2. i concede NOTHING to the yankees! EVER! not that i'm bitter or whatever . . .

Rob
Old 04-03-2001, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Rob, what happened to Rick Ankiel???!!! Is he OK?!!
Don't ever concede to anyone--I think that each team in the MLB has a shot at it...that's why the start of the new season is the best...a clean new slate...although some teams definitely have the edge

Sisterplum!!!! Too bad he's married! LOL...it wouldn't matter anyways though b/c I'm too young, LOL...but still. Gosh your story about that drunk guy is way too funny!! Hehee...

Also I wish I could visit Fenway, and Yankee's Stadium! I have seen the Dodgers' and the Rockies' stadium, and theirs are OK, but nothing beats PAC BELL PARK in lovely SF, CA

[This message has been edited by newbie (edited April 03, 2001).]
Old 04-04-2001, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Alumnus who cares:
I don't follow professional baseball but I'm a Cards fan by blood. LOL. GO CARDINALS!!!

Hootie

------------------
What do you get when you cross and Alpha Omicron Pi and a Sigma Phi Epsilon? A beautiful Chi Omega!!!
Old 04-04-2001, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

My loyalty lies with the Baltimore Orioles and their magnificent stadium, Camden Yards However I havent been following them for awhile. I would like to see President Bush bring a team to DC. At least I heard he was interested in the thought. When DC had the Senators my grandfather was a relief pitcher for them.

Kevin