GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 837
0 members and 837 guests
No Members online

Old 04-21-2002, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chscrew144
the post above me brings to mind a buffalo t shirt circultiong towards the end of my time there:

"Wide Right
No Goal
Forward Lateral
SCREWED AGAIN!"
Old 04-21-2002, 09:04 AM

Thumbs up

Ottawa pulled out a 3-0 blanking of the fliers - stellar.
...Lalime's clocking a .47 GAA!!!
Old 04-21-2002, 08:48 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
That was so cool to see Ottawa win, and a shut out too...

I am super nervous for tonight's game....
Old 04-21-2002, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Star Turtle
Talking

YEA!! my devils won!!!

in celebration ~~ i wore my pajama pants with little devils all over them to our informal meeting tonight!

i love it
Old 04-22-2002, 08:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Thank God for small favors...nice to see the Red Wings finally decided to show up and join the playoffs. Great game last night, even with the continuously lousy ref-ing. What the hell were they thinking with that penalty shot?!?
Old 04-22-2002, 02:24 PM

That penalty shot was totally legit, besides right before the red wings scored their 1st goal they knocked over Cloutier and that should have been a penalty.

Overall I'm not too sad about last night's game - I didn't expect to sweep the red wings, however that would have been really cool.

Canuck's fans are the best - even though we were loosing the whole time we never once booed our team, in fact just cheered them the whole way though - and the Garage didn't empty out at the end either...

We are insane - it's only the 1st round and 200 people showed up at the airport at 2am to greet the Canucks back to Vancouver.
Old 04-22-2002, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Siobhan
That penalty shot was totally legit, besides right before the red wings scored their 1st goal they knocked over Cloutier and that should have been a penalty.

Canuck's fans are the best - even though we were loosing the whole time we never once booed our team, in fact just cheered them the whole way though - and the Garage didn't empty out at the end either...
In what universe was that shot legit?!?

Canuck fans are the best?!? They were chanting a heckling "Hasek" as soon as the first puck dropped. How childish.
Old 04-22-2002, 05:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Oh my! Them chanting "Hasek" was AWESOME!!! I loved it As for the Flyers, god, someone just beat them, b/c this town can't handle big sporting events!!!

Sad to say, but I'm going for Colorado....GO AVS!!!

Heather
Old 04-22-2002, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LeslieAGD

In what universe was that shot legit?!?

Canuck fans are the best?!? They were chanting a heckling "Hasek" as soon as the first puck dropped. How childish.
oh cry me a river, hasek's a babybitch. Nothing wrong with riding the goalies, christ maybe you should go to a peewee hockey game sometime and listen to some of the comments being made.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:40 AM

Yeah no kidding, the wings fans can't be considered real fans since most have only watched hockey since 1997. Not saying you leslie, but most are. Want proof of this? A real team's fans such as vancouver didn't boo their team despite Cloutiers' terrible goal that he let in.

And I sure hope Philadelphia loses too, hmm who should I go for? I will go for whoever wins the cup.
Old 04-23-2002, 01:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
What happened to the Islanders? I'm out of the loop.
Old 04-23-2002, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ex greek
Yeah no kidding, the wings fans can't be considered real fans since most have only watched hockey since 1997. Not saying you leslie, but most are. Want proof of this? A real team's fans such as vancouver didn't boo their team despite Cloutiers' terrible goal that he let in.

And I sure hope Philadelphia loses too, hmm who should I go for? I will go for whoever wins the cup.
hahahaha, Primeau was crying last night in a post-game interview, i swear to god...we just can't get past the line (*sob), and we gotta just find a way (*sob) and i know we say that all the time (*sniff).
This is what playing a team is like, and not a collection of individuals - one goal in 10 periods of hockey?!?!?
Sorry, better luck next year.
Old 04-23-2002, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Ex greek
Hey, I never claimed Detroit Fans were perfect...the fans in the stands were very rude after game 2. However, the Vancouver fans started heckling as soon as the puck dropped, before it even got into the Red Wings zone...I mean, come on!

In fact, Ex-Greek, Brett Hull even did an interview after game two putting down the fans behavior...not too flattering.

I just hate it that the Wings always get picked on year after year. Yeah we have a lot of good players and yeah we are the top seated team coming into the playoffs but we screw up and have bad games just like everyone else. I don't see people insulting Colorado or even saying, "Ha ha, Dallas didn't even make it into the playoffs, what losers!" All the abuse is heaped on Detroit because we're a popular team.

[stepping off my soapbox]
Old 04-23-2002, 12:31 PM

Woo hoo another shutout for the sens - last I checked the Islanders were down 2-0 to the Leafs - yeah for Canadian Hockey teams - lets hope Van and Montreal get wins in their next games - my boyfriend is sooooo lucky - he's going to tonight's game. Apparently the decible levels at Sunday's were equivalent to that of a rock concert - now that's cool.

To explain the shoot out penalty - Bertuzzi had a breakaway he was hooked/tripped by a wing (can't remember who), so therefore it's automatically a penalty shot, because if he wasn't tripped then he had a high chance of scoring, therefore you are given the opportunity to score with only the goalie as a means of defense.
Old 04-23-2002, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Siobhan
To explain the shoot out penalty - Bertuzzi had a breakaway he was hooked/tripped by a wing (can't remember who), so therefore it's automatically a penalty shot, because if he wasn't tripped then he had a high chance of scoring, therefore you are given the opportunity to score with only the goalie as a means of defense.
Actually Siobhan, first Lavionov (I believe) was jabbing at Bertuzzi from behind...if this had been called as a hooking penalty it would have been legit, but that wasn't the call...then, once Larionov caught up to Bertuzzi and Bertuzzi got a shot off (granted a crappy shot), then the ref called a penalty shot. That should not have been a penalty shot because they were even and Larionov was making a defensive play...it should only have been a penalty shot if Larionov, from behind, had tripped Bertuzzi BEFORE he was able to get a shot off. It was a terrible call.