GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,155
2 members and 1,153 guests
PGD-GRAD, Xidelt

Old 04-27-2019, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Eleven of fourteen days with rain? And the same forecast the next fourteen days? Somewhere near here there are animals lining up two by two and embarking...
Old 05-14-2019, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN:

Axel (close friend's rescue dog and a total love sweetheart of a dog) got nailed on the lip by a rattlesnake last night. Damn. He's been at the ER Vet since midnight. Has a 50-50 chance. It's a bad bite. The snakes are out in full force again, they're hungry, and the young ones don't "dry bite". Dog Gods, please come through for Axel. Please. I don't ask for favors often, or at all, but this time I'm asking for Axel. He's her dog, her companion. NOT her "furbaby". He's a big rough tough rescue who's been totally amazing since she rescued him. This is so scary. He's extremely sick; according to the bloodwork, he got a lot of venom in the bite. The anti-venom is $800 a dose.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 05-14-2019, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
WIFLSRN:

Axel (close friend's rescue dog and a total love sweetheart of a dog) got nailed on the lip by a rattlesnake last night. Damn. He's been at the ER Vet since midnight. Has a 50-50 chance. It's a bad bite. The snakes are out in full force again, they're hungry, and the young ones don't "dry bite". Dog Gods, please come through for Axel. Please. I don't ask for favors often, or at all, but this time I'm asking for Axel. He's her dog, her companion. NOT her "furbaby". He's a big rough tough rescue who's been totally amazing since she rescued him. This is so scary. He's extremely sick; according to the bloodwork, he got a lot of venom in the bite. The anti-venom is $800 a dose.
Sending ilove to the puppy. I hope he pulls through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post

Good luck! Do not give up!
Thank you!
Old 05-14-2019, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle View Post
Sending ilove to the puppy. I hope he pulls through.
Axel has made a turn-around, in the right direction, and has a positive prognosis. He'll get to come home tonight, lots of meds, not out of the woods, BUT he's not going to die from the bite. Not so for the other three dogs brought in last night with rattlesnake bites, sadly. Thank you NP for your positive energy and love.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 05-14-2019, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

AZTHETA—I’m SO HAPPY your fiend’s dear Axel is coming home. Good things do still happen to good people...and the animals they love.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Axel has made a turn-around, in the right direction, and has a positive prognosis. He'll get to come home tonight, lots of meds, not out of the woods, BUT he's not going to die from the bite. Not so for the other three dogs brought in last night with rattlesnake bites, sadly. Thank you NP for your positive energy and love.
Doing the happy dance for Axel!!!

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay for Axel!!!
Old 05-14-2019, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so glad that Axel is improving. Here’s to many more good years with his two legged friend.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Axel, his owner, and I say "thank you all".

I'm not afraid of much, but venomous snake bites do occupy space #1 on my short list of "things of which AZTheta is afraid". Snakes themselves - no - but venomous snakes - hell yeah.

#2 spot is those godawful teeny tiny bark scorpions. Makes my heart go KA BOOM when I spy one of those skittering along a baseboard.

okay, then: time for a change of subject. Next?

NP - never never never give up. okay? keep your eyes on the prize. Always.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Just jumping on the Axel updates, I'm glad he's on the mend, its tough when your beloved pets are ill or injured.

I was having lunch at a neighbor's house the other day and she said she saw a copperhead snake. I told her I don't think my dog should come over for a play date with her dog until the snake is gone.

Me personally I don't mess with snakes of any variety.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

I have a new vet from MSU starting with us Monday. I hired her because she seems smart, and of course, she went to State. Go green.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

MSU has an awesome vet program. Go green!

Thanks again to everyone. Axel went back to the vet yesterday afternoon b/c the blood was pooling (hard to explain unless you can see what I mean but suffice it to say it was visible in his belly) and that's an "alarm". Good news is that it isn't the venom causing problems, just part of the healing. The worst part of snake bite recovery is that she's supposed to crate him to keep him quiet - for about a month. As a rescue, he isn't cooperative with crating (previous abuse). She's resorted to driving him around in the car to distract him a bit. He wants to go chase lizards and lie in the sun. He may or may not lose part of the lip. We'll see. He's young, healthy and tough. He's a fine dog. Sigh.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Oh what we won't do for our babies-2 legged or 4. Godspeed Axel.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Dear mother of disruptive, oppositional defiant student, please do not burn up my email the day before the grade book closes when I informed you over a month ago that your child has not been doing any in class assignments, preferring to look up baby names instead. Please remember you assured me that you would see that she would complete the work at home. Please understand that I can distinguish between her writing and your writing and noticed that the work that was completed was not done in her hand. Please do not blame me when your child hides the packet of past due assignments that I prepared that included a letter to you that you were to sign upon receipt and your child was to return 2 weeks ago. Just don't go there.