GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,903
2 members and 1,901 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 04-19-2007, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

college or no college?

Hi, I was just curious to find out if it is at all possible to join a sorority without attending a college. I ask this because I attended college for a semester but due to having orientation at the same time as rush I wasn't allowed to rush. Now that I am no longer attending college, not due to grades or anything just because I don't think I want a degree at the moment, I was wondering if I could still join, or if I would have to join college again. Also if I have to go back to college then how many classes do I need to take. If I was to attend another college such as a community college would I be able to join a sorority at my local university?

I know this is a weird question but any information would help. Thank you!

Elle
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Unregistered-

If it's NPC sorority membership you seek, then no, you will not be able to join because you must be enrolled in a 4 year college/university. There you will have to be a full-time student.

As far as non-NPC sororities go, you'd have to check with them and see what their bylaws say.

Until then, please do a SEARCH on GreekChat for non-collegiate sororities. There are organizations you might want to consider because being enrolled in school isn't one of their requirements.

Good luck!
Old 04-19-2007, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
Until then, please do a SEARCH on GreekChat for non-collegiate sororities. Good luck!
http://www.communitysororities.org
Old 04-28-2007, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

The sorority I am founding, Theta Gamma Pi, a sorority for non-traditional women students welcomes community college students. To be eligible for membership, ladies must have completed at least 30 semester hours (45 qtr hours) toward an associate degree with a minimum 2.5 GPA, and must be at least 24 years of age. Part-time college enrollment (a minimum of 6 semester credit hours) is allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleAndrews View Post
Hi, I was just curious to find out if it is at all possible to join a sorority without attending a college. I ask this because I attended college for a semester but due to having orientation at the same time as rush I wasn't allowed to rush. Now that I am no longer attending college, not due to grades or anything just because I don't think I want a degree at the moment, I was wondering if I could still join, or if I would have to join college again. Also if I have to go back to college then how many classes do I need to take. If I was to attend another college such as a community college would I be able to join a sorority at my local university?

I know this is a weird question but any information would help. Thank you!

Elle