GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,556
0 members and 2,556 guests
No Members online

Old 01-31-2008, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Oklahoma Recruitment

I'll be rushing in the fall at a school in Oklahoma, and I have NO idea what they expect, because its not the SEC, Texas, or a northern school. Any advice on how many recs I need or any other advice would be greatly appreciated!

Also, what will be expected of me at a greek pre rush function in early spring?

Thank You!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-31-2008, 01:26 AM

This is the OU Panhellenic's recruitment site, check it out:

http://studentlife.ou.edu/content/view/63/

I think that most GCers would say that one or two for each sorority is fine.

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

at the spring "meet the greeks" event, dress nicely(as if you were attending a real fall recruitment event), be friendly,mind your manners and act interested in every chapter that you visit. do not write off any chapter-they might end up being your favorite in the fall. a good impression now will serve you well.

if you are on campus for the weekend , do not attend any fraternity parties-if you do, do not drink and be on your best behavior. no random makeout sessions,no visits to the upstairs, no booty dancing, no beer chugging, no pole dancing.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 01-31-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks! That really helps. I'm not actually rushing at OU, just a school in Oklahoma, but you really helped! I'm stressing over finding enough recs, if you could point me in the right direction, that would be great! I did register with my local alumnae association, so hopefully that will help.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

you are on the right track by contacting the local alumnae panhellenic. if they hold an informational meeting in the spring for girls who will be rushing in the fall, try to attend. they will share lots of good information. even if you live in the surrounding area, i think it would be okay to attend.

put out the word that you are are going to participate in recruitment in the fall and are trying to find recs.. let your friends know, their parents,your teachers(even back to elementary school), ladies at church, your parents friends, your relatives, your neighbors, etc.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

From my experience (having gone to school in Oklahoma and being active in the alumnae panhellenic in Tulsa), it honestly varies about the importance of recs at schools in Oklahoma. At OU and OSU, you definitely need recs...other schools maybe not as much. I know that both Tulsa, Edmund, and OKC have active alumnae panhellenic associations that can help local girls get recs/find out more information about recruitment. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want more school specific advise or contact info for an alum panhellenic in your area.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah you need recs at OU. My friends who go to OSU all got recs when they rushed there but I'm not exactly sure how much they are needed. But it can't hurt your chances, and you get to learn a bit about the organizations as a whole before recruitment rather than just the tent talk during recruitment.