GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,359
3 members and 1,356 guests
flamboyanttree, John

Old 06-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISUKappa View Post
I have a feeling by the end of the story I'm going to need a towel and a cigarette.
And a glass of good Scotch.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-01-2007, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
So I lived with Brian Pumper's member.
See this? This right here? This is why you have a permanent spot in CT4's handbasket.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISUKappa View Post
I have a feeling by the end of the story I'm going to need a towel and a cigarette.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTrax View Post
And a glass of good Scotch.
And a shower.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueKappa View Post
Best. Recruitment. Thread. Ever.
AMEN!
Old 06-03-2007, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

see what happens when you leave GC for a weekend? LMAO!!!!! man this is amazing.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Can we PLEASE have an update soon? I love this thread!

I believe in friendships formed at the spring time of my youth...

Phi Alpha Delta
Old 06-04-2007, 07:53 AM
GreekChat Member

By the time I realized I had fallen in love with Brian Pumper, it was my senior year. Although pledging as a senior was possible, it wasn't a good idea for me. I had so many other responsibilities that I felt it would be selfish to put them off just for the chance to pledge as an undergrad. Plus, I wanted to be SURE this thing with Brian Pumper was for real.

I looked at all five NPHC fraternities and specific criteria to decide which was the best fit:

1) Does their history "speak" to me?
2) Can I identify with their roster of prominent members?
3) Do my values line up with their national programs.
4) Am I comfortable in a room full of them?

So let's start with Lexington Steele. They were the youngest founded, and to me, didn't have much of a history to be impressed by. I guess I thought it was nice that they were the youngest members of the NPHC, but that wasn't a selling point for me. I didn't want to have to explain what my fraternity was everywhere I went. I wanted to say "I am a ______" and have everyone know without explanation.

Their roster of prominent members included a weather man and actor. *shrug*

Their programs were okay.... but you know what? A lot of the rhetoric on their website and when I saw them in person was all about how they were building a tradition. Well that's great, but it's been over 30 years now.... ain't that joint built yet?

I had never seen more than one in a room...so again, there was no way to know if I would be comfortable with a room full of them.

Thus, Lexington Steele was off the list.

Last edited by Senusret I; 06-04-2007 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:13 AM
GreekChat Member

You made me wait all weekend for just ONE installment. You'd better keep them coming throughout the day, LOL!!!! But seriously, I'm excited for the next tid bit.

Quote:
By the time I realized I had fallen in love with Brian Pumper, it was my senior year. Although pledging as a senior was possible, it wasn't a good idea for me. I had so many other responsibilities that I felt it would be selfish to put them off just for the chance to pledge as an undergrad. Plus, I wanted to be SURE this thing with Brian Pumper was for real.

I looked at all five NPHC fraternities and specific criteria to decide which was the best fit:

So let's start with Lexington Steele. They were the youngest founded, and to me, didn't have much of a history to be impressed by. I guess I thought it was nice that they were the youngest members of the NPHC, but that wasn't a selling point for me. I didn't want to have to explain what my fraternity was everywhere I went. I wanted to say "I am a ______" and have everyone know without explanation.

Their programs were okay.... but you know what? A lot of the rhetoric on their website and when I saw them in person was all about how they were building a tradition. Well that's great, but it's been over 30 years now.... ain't that joint built yet?

I had never seen more than one in a room...so again, there was no way to know if I would be comfortable with a room full of them.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:38 AM
GreekChat Member

LMAO!!!!!! I am in tears!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 09:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I've read a lot of great threads on GC, but this one is the best to date.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch2tf View Post
You made me wait all weekend for just ONE installment. You'd better keep them coming throughout the day, LOL!!!!
SECOND!!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
Quote:

Well I guess we know who Lexington Steele was!

We need another update!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
So wrong, but ha!

More, please.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Oh, snappity-snap! LMAO! *passing around the popcorn*
Old 06-04-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide4 View Post
I've read a lot of great threads on GC, but this one is the best to date.
I wonder if this one will be the most viewed thread ever in this forum? Love it!