GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,618
1 members and 1,617 guests
navane

Old 04-10-2013, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Transfer student, 22, looking to rush a frat

Due to financial reasons, I have to attend community college then transfer to a four year. I go to community college in California, and I'm probably going to transfer to UCB, UCSB, UCLA, or some UC school. My major is biology, so I have to stay a third year to knock out all my pre-reqs, and I'd probably be 22 right before I transfer (bday in august). My question is can a 22 year old still rush a frat? Community college sucks and I want to have a great experience when I transfer, and hope it not be awkward that some 22 year old is rushing.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-11-2013, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajg123 View Post
Due to financial reasons, I have to attend community college then transfer to a four year. I go to community college in California, and I'm probably going to transfer to UCB, UCSB, UCLA, or some UC school. My major is biology, so I have to stay a third year to knock out all my pre-reqs, and I'd probably be 22 right before I transfer (bday in august). My question is can a 22 year old still rush a frat? Community college sucks and I want to have a great experience when I transfer, and hope it not be awkward that some 22 year old is rushing.
First off, unless a chapter has a self imposed membership limit, there aren’t quotas or chapter totals. So a chapter may bid as many men as they want.

For some chapters, your age might be an issue. However, it isn’t unusual for students to transfer into the UC and CSU system their junior year (i.e. after community college) and rush and receive a bid. As such, and generally speaking, your class year (or how many years you will attend your university/be a member) is what may matter most to a chapter.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool, thanks for the response man. I'm not worried about being a junior as much as I am being 22. I'll probably double up on my classes next year so I can get the hell out of here in two years, hopefully!