GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,574
1 members and 1,573 guests
bjenzdarka5720

Old 07-23-2014, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Can't speak for Bama BUT in AZ, the PNM submits a transcript to PH as part of the application process for recruitment. So, what about Bama?
Official transcripts must be sent from the high school to the university, as per my understanding.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

At the schools where I have been an advisor (NOT Bama) panhellenic provides a GPA that has been recalculated according to that school's method. It is ordinarily not too far from whatever GPA is on the final HS transcript, unless the student has a year of college under her belt. Then it is what she has earned in college. It does not say weighted or unweighted, so i can not say which it is.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Here: http://www.uapanhellenic.com/2014-fa...cruitment.html

Is a Final Academic Transcript Required to Participate in Recruitment?

Yes. All submitted academic information in Innova will be verified against official transcripts on file with The University of Alabama and academic information will be updated to match University records. To ensure that we have your correct academic information, please verify with your high school or college that a certified copy of your FINAL high school and/or college transcript has been sent directly to the UA Office of Admissions. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure UA has an official certified copy of your FINAL transcript, as this will be the recognized grade point average (GPA) shared with each sorority. All FINAL transcripts should be mailed directly from your high school or college to the UA Office of Admissions at the address below no later August 1, 2014 to ensure that they are received prior to the start of recruitment.

The University of Alabama
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 870132
Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35487 24

And here, concerning online recruitment registration: http://www.uapanhellenic.com/2014-fa...cruitment.html

Digital copy of your high school or college transcript

a. Please note that this will be an optional feature and is not required as part of the online application form. If you do not have a copy of your transcript at the time of registration, please log back in to your account at a later date, prior to August 1st, to add your transcript. You can also upload a partial transcript until your final transcript becomes available.

b. Transcripts must be less than 1MB in size and while a PDF copy is preferable, you can submit your transcript in any one of the following allowable formats: doc, docx, xls, xlsx, txt, pdf, gif, jpg, jpeg.

Therefore, since transcript info (if submitted) to Panhellenic during registration by PNM is updated to match that of admissions, and admissions uses the weighted GPA (or highest GPA, weighted or unweighted) as stated on transcript, and these GPAs from admissions are the GPAs shared with sororities, this is probably good news for the OP.

Last edited by Hartofsec; 07-23-2014 at 06:26 PM. Reason: additional transcript info
Old 07-23-2014, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartofsec View Post
Official transcripts must be sent from the high school to the university, as per my understanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartofsec View Post
Here: http://www.uapanhellenic.com/2014-fa...cruitment.html

Is a Final Academic Transcript Required to Participate in Recruitment?

Yes. All submitted academic information in Innova will be verified against official transcripts on file with The University of Alabama and academic information will be updated to match University records. To ensure that we have your correct academic information, please verify with your high school or college that a certified copy of your FINAL high school and/or college transcript has been sent directly to the UA Office of Admissions. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure UA has an official certified copy of your FINAL transcript, as this will be the recognized grade point average (GPA) shared with each sorority. All FINAL transcripts should be mailed directly from your high school or college to the UA Office of Admissions at the address below no later August 1, 2014 to ensure that they are received prior to the start of recruitment.

The University of Alabama
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 870132
Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35487 24
AWESOME! This is great information, good researching skills, Hart.

Let me elaborate, since I omitted the "official" part of "transcript" from my post. There you have it.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 07-23-2014, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

misplacedtexan,

I think you should contact admissions and ask what GPA they have on record for you there. Since this would be the GPA shared with sororities, you would have a definitive answer to your question.

Best of luck to you!