GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,493
0 members and 1,493 guests
No Members online

Old 11-30-2002, 03:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to MS_CHRIS
WHEN I WAS 14 MY AUNT GOT ME A OUIJA BOARD FOR CHRISTMAS. I NEVER TOUCHED IT THOUGH. I WAS TOO AFRAID
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-01-2002, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 9dstpm
OK, last Christmas at my job, someone gave the boss a candle that was just sitting around at their house. I mean, the lid was all rusty, candle had already been lit, that sort of thing.

Well, fast forward to my graduation from college. My boss gives me a present in a pretty graduation bag and I'm thinking, "maybe she's not such a b***h after all." Yeah, right. I go home and my fiance (now my husband) opened it and he's like WTF?? I looked in that bag and what do you know?? It was that same f**king candle that she got for Christmas last year!!! I was so angry that I wanted to throw that stupid thing away, but being the nice person that I am, I used it up and wrote a nice thank you note. Now, I'm glad that I'm quitting after New Year's b/c I'd hate to see what she would have gotten me for graduating from grad school!!
Old 12-02-2002, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

My sis is not lying about the button covers or the pot holder--classic crap gifts from our fam!

I mean you dont have to go out and go broke but dam, stop throwing something around your house in wrapping paper, giving it someone to make yourself feel good.

Two words for the shade-tree gift-givers of the holiday season....Gift Certificate! a five dollar gc to blockbuster or mickey d's will sit better with me than some socks, you've busted open so that all of us can get a gift, remember that mzmidnight??

I mean couldn't I have at least gotten all 3 pair!
Old 12-15-2003, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

ttt
Old 12-15-2003, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

WE do a gift exchange in my family and a lot of the gifts I really wanted to give back. One year my aunt gave me a nightgown that I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. Another aunt gave me a pale yellow shirt with flowers all over it and pleats everywhere on the front. She also gave me a pair of blue jeans that were green on the pockets and had pink bows on the bottom. All of these in late high school/early college. My grandmother always gave me underwear that were usually at least two sizes too big. Traumatizing. LOL. At least this year my nephew has my name so I know my sister will look out for me
Old 12-15-2003, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84
My cousin gave me the NASTIEST sweaters two years in a row. I do not know where this woman picked these things up- one was orange and pink with glass buttons and SHOULDERPADS and the other was this nasty JC Penney Special. It had lace and sequins. SEQUINS.

I have not ever in my life worn sequins. Not about to start.

Neither one of those sweaters was EVER worn, although m mother would bug the hell out of me about them every year until she finally gave them away.

Ugh. Just don't get me anything. Please.
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton
Old 12-15-2003, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

This thread his hilarious, lol.

I don't get too many bad gifts, but the ones I do receive that aren't to my (or anyone else's, for that matter) liking, are from my grandfather.

I know he means well, so I don't trip out about it. He sends us gifts (myself and my sisters) almost every year. But the thing is, these are gifts that you KNOW he did not go out and buy. These are trial/samples, like sample cheap Vivitar cameras, and clocks, costume jewelry, and other random things that I really have no use for.

One year he sent me THREE of those cheap cameras. In addition, they were the exact same cameras. So, by then, I had a grand total of four (he had sent me another one on another occasion). Funny, I tell ya...
Old 12-16-2003, 08:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 9dstpm
Hubby's family does a gift exchange every year and we all exchange gifts at the annual family Christmas party. Well, since Hubby and I have been married, we are now part of the couple exchange. The $$ limit is the same as individual gifts, which is $20. Hubby and I asked for board games and we even went as far as putting the names of the stores where you could get the games as well as the prices. At the party, we go to get our gift and we saw this big ole bag with our names on it and we just knew that we got our board games. WHY when Hubby and I got the bag and opened it, there were freaking TOWELS in there?? And not even brand new towels! They were towels that were obviously used and then washed!! I was so hot with his ittyshay cousin and his baby momma for that lame-azz gift. And I guess Hubby and I weren't the only ones that got lame gifts b/c we are not having the exchange this year. We are only buying gifts for whatever child's name we pull. That works for me!!
Old 12-16-2003, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Nuevo Jersey...all the time wishing that I was in Puerto Rico!!!
Wink

My mother gave me a bad gift last year for Christmas. She gave me a gift certificate for a relaxer at HER favorite salon!!!!!! Can I tell you that I wear my hair NATURAL. She feels that to be able to make it in the world you must have straight hair (talkin bout GOOD & BAD hair, wether you're dark or you're fair...go on and swear, see if I care...GOOD & BAD HAIR!!!!!)!!!! I didn't want to upset her so I went and some color put in my hair instead!!! She was mad that my hair was alburn and still CURLY/KINKY!!!!!
Old 12-16-2003, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 9dstpm
WHY when Hubby and I got the bag and opened it, there were freaking TOWELS in there?? And not even brand new towels! They were towels that were obviously used and then washed!!
That is SSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO TRIF !!!!!
Old 12-17-2003, 07:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Christmas 2000 I was unable to go home due to my job in retail, and also because I was having surgery over the winter break. Luckily I was a seeing a young man in the Army and he couldn't leave either, so his family came to visit. Christmas Day we exchange presents before dinner. His mother made me a beautiful ornament, his father had fixed the headlight on my car, and his brother gave me a stuffed animal. All these gifts are great and appreciated, as well as the thoughtful cards.

So I am sitting with my beloved on the couch, and yes we intended to marry. He hands me a card and a small wrapped rectangular package (think jewelry store bracelet size). Then the isht storm blew into that living room.
1) The card he gave me was the one that his Army PLATOON gave out! It had Santa wearing a parachute about to jump out of the plane with a sack full of RIFLES. He also spelled my NAME wrong on the card. It is Anne, not Ann. You know he grabbed that from the office last minute.
2) I unwrap the present, and no it was NOT a diamond tennis bracelet, a necklace, a watch, or even a damn keychain. It was a

PLASTIC FLIP UP BRISTLE HAIRBRUSH with a MIRROR ON THE BACK

I was his first girlfriend at age 23. He is now married to some girl that wore a tank top and didn't shave under her arms.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by aurora_borealis
It was a

I was his first girlfriend at age 23. He is now married to some girl that wore a tank top and didn't shave under her arms.

I don't know which is funnier -- his gift and card or his wife with her hairy underarms. You stoooopid.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
I don't know which is funnier -- his gift and card or his wife with her hairy underarms. You stoooopid.
Girl he graduated from West Point, it took an act of Congress to make him GENTLEMAN!!! My roommate saw that hairbrush and swore it came from the dollar store, she also nicknamed him Lt. Jack @$$. I always pick the WRONG brother. You have to wonder why he didn't have a girlfriend until 23, furthermore his mama said to me "His brother had a lot of girlfriends, we just don't know what happened with him". He has an Oedipus complex, that is what happened!!!

My sister knows I have a clown phobia and that trifling no good heffa gives me a clown ornament every year, bint!!!
Old 12-17-2003, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FeeFee
Quote:
Originally posted by aurora_borealis
2) I unwrap the present, and no it was NOT a diamond tennis bracelet, a necklace, a watch, or even a damn keychain. It was a

First girlfriend at age 23?? Sorry you had to find out the hard way. Oh well, good riddance.

EEEEWWWWWWW @ the hairy armpit girl.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FeeFee
On the Doug Banks morning show today, the topic was bad gifts that people received from their jobs. I thought of this thread and was CTHU. This one person called and said that when's she at work, she likes to nibble on cheese a lot. So at the holiday party, someone gave her a BLOCK OF CHEESE as a gift. LOL!!! Rickey Smiley was like, "Did she give you some Ritz or saltine crackers to go with it?". Homegirl said, "No, she just gave a block of cheese. My mouth was wide open when I saw the gift. The person who gave the gift wasn't even at the party."

CTHU, CTHU.