GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Events Is your organization hosting an Event or do you know about an upcoming Event and would like to get the word out? Post all Event related information here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,450
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zluspitt7200
» Online Users: 2,334
1 members and 2,333 guests
Xidelt

Old 09-29-2009, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile How can I recognize my sisters at my wedding?

I'm getting married and I want to recognize my sorority sisters during the ceremony...but how?!?

Zeta Tau Alpha and my sisters have been a huge part of my relationship and my college experience. I am getting married in May shortly after graduation, and I want to involve all the girls that I have invited in the ceremony somehow. I plan on seating them all last and putting them in reserved front rows at the ceremony, but what can they wear to be recognized as special people, and not just late guests? I also do not want them to have to wear specific clothes, just a pin or corsage or something that denotes them as special. Our colors are turquoise and gray, our flower is the white violet (but it would be far too expensive to get everyone a white violet to wear on their dresses), and our symbols are a crown, a bunny and a strawberry. Help me figure out something that will be elegant and give them the recognition they deserve!
Old 09-29-2009, 07:47 PM

ZTA wedding traditions:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=105990

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Banned

You already have the reserved seating.

I don't think it's too much to ask that THEY get their own flowers or other insignia for your ceremony.

If you all have a sorority song that is for public consumption, they can sing that at the reception.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:11 PM

I didn't understand the thread title, and was going to ask "holy cow, how drunk do you plan on getting?" Or "how bad is your eyesight?" LOL.

How about silk white violets rather than the real thing? I was also going to suggest a small enameled pin but that might be too hard to see.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I didn't understand the thread title, and was going to ask "holy cow, how drunk do you plan on getting?" Or "how bad is your eyesight?" LOL..
Add to that "why would you invite sisters you don't know and wouldn't recognize?" LOL. I was really trippin' off that title.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I had one of my sisters, who wasnt officially in the bridal party, be a greeter, and whenever a sister arrived to be seated, she gave her a pink rose.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Add to that "why would you invite sisters you don't know and wouldn't recognize?" LOL. I was really trippin' off that title.
a couple of notes:

1. it sounds like you have lots of cash to invite your sisters, ones that you're not that close with. why anyone would do such a thing, sister or not, boggles my mind. yes theyre your sisters but do they ALL need to be there?

2. why do they need to sit in a separate section?

3. its YOUR day - why are you focused on giving them the attention? theyll get their chance at the reception - im sure your organization has wedding traditions. plus, during the ceremony, shouldnt you be looking at that dazzling man standing across from you instead of out in the audience?

4. i realize that you may be from a huge house where its legitimate that you dont know all your house sisters at a glance. why dont you put it on them - tell your sisters to wear one of your colors to stand out? maybe a lavalier or badge/pin? or maybe something specific to your chapter to wear?
Old 09-29-2009, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Give them name tags?

(I'm here all week folks!)
Old 09-29-2009, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw pictures once where a bride didn't have a flower girl, but rather her sorority sisters were her flower girls. The sisters were lining the aisle, each holding different single stem flowers. The bride didn't have a bouquet when she started down the aisle. As she passed each sister, she collected the single stem flowers they held, so that when she got to the alter, she had her full, beautiful bouquet. (I don't know about tying them together- maybe the maid of honor has a ribbon or elastic band she can wrap around them?) The sisters could then simply slip into the pew next to where they were standing, instead of being seated up front.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

ok. fail on my part.