GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Nu

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,920
0 members and 1,920 guests
No Members online

Old 05-06-2002, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Delta_theta Send a message via AIM to Delta_theta
Houses

How many of you have houses, and of those, what shape are they in?

We have a house, which is a renovated apartment complex. It was granted to us 38 years ago as one year temporary housing, and we have not yet been moved to our more permanant location. The house is falling apart, is outside the school's masterplan(placing us farther outside of central campus, and "off campus" than any other house). we've been trying to get a new house, but because of our school's slight financial problems, we have been told we can't get a house right now, unless we can front ALL of the cash on square one. Unfortunatly, we don't have 800k-1.2 million dollars(the price range of houses our housing core has looked at building.).

M.
Delta Theta 1150
Knox College
Old 05-06-2002, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

We have a house... Tiny by most standards, has a common living area and up to 5 bedrooms (if we used all of the rooms in the house). It sits on a decent lot.

We're going to be fundraising to build a 'real' house fairly soon. We're in the planning stages of that right now. If anyone has any ideas for large-scale fundraising, please contact me!

LHT
Kevin
MT #5
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 06-08-2002, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm not a Sigma Nu (or a guy, for that matter) but your house at the University of Kansas is really nice looking. And it's supposedly haunted too.
Old 06-21-2002, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Our house is pretty phatty, it was an old church. it has three floors and a basement. the top two floors have rooms, and the bottom has a library, living room and kitchen. in the basement there is a dj room, bar, dance room, and room with fooze ball table and pool table. it's deffinetly not brand new, it's old but i love it. it also has an apartment on the bottom floor with it's own bathroom and living room. it has 17 rooms, but they can all be doubled. we have all filled with four doubles. it's also haunted. i've experienced these things......they give the house a history and a life of it's own......

E-1366

Epsilon Chapter
Bethany College, WV
Old 01-29-2007, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
some of my Favorite Snake Houses:

Oklahoma State = Classic looking.

Ol' Miss = VERY cool looking swank house with a pool.

Arizona State = nice house surrounding their pool.

Kansas State = Nice mansion that sits at the top of a hill.

Missouri/Rolla = nice

San Diego State = because it's new and very different looking.

Last edited by banditone; 05-11-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

OSU's new remodel is NICE. Recently remodeled into suites. I'm not a huge fan of their new chapter room.

OU's house is "interesting." From the outside, I won't lie, it's ugly. On the inside though, the place is a tank. It is built to last. It's steel and concrete all the way through. Once a year, they actually dump a truckload of sand in their living room for a beach party. Also, their living quarters are some of the best I've seen. From the inside, it's a very well designed house.

I never had the chance to visit a lot of other chapter houses. Ours at Central Oklahoma is nothing too exciting.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Mu Psi is currently looking to get a house in the new Greek Park 2 at UCF.

I know the chapter at the University of Cincinnati just got a new house on campus.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
OSU's new remodel is NICE. Recently remodeled into suites. I'm not a huge fan of their new chapter room.

OU's house is "interesting." From the outside, I won't lie, it's ugly. On the inside though, the place is a tank. It is built to last. It's steel and concrete all the way through. Once a year, they actually dump a truckload of sand in their living room for a beach party. Also, their living quarters are some of the best I've seen. From the inside, it's a very well designed house.

I never had the chance to visit a lot of other chapter houses. Ours at Central Oklahoma is nothing too exciting.

I've been to the OU house several times, and stayed there to help rush once. It is built SPECIFICALLY to house a fraternity. Inside is not bad, and interesting layout. As you said, outside is nothing to write home about.

hahah, it would survive a direct nuclear blast.

I went to Arkansas once and it was BADASS. Ugly (same style build as OU) from the outside, but the inside was huge, and it had like a mini house, on the grounds inside.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Our house is alright, nothing fancy...its like four small apartments all connected. We got 10 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 4 kitchens a garage, a room that SAE had built before they got evicted that we turned into our chapter room and a taint (the area that connects the house together upstairs). I am poersonally pushing to build barracks in my room, 5 bunk beds, 10 people...yeah $70 month rent, that'd be nice! Us, Pi Kapp and Sig Ep's houses have the same basic layout, (us and Pi Kapp have the same owner and land lord) Phi Tau, Phi Sig and D Chi have actual houses cuz their alumni own their houses. The house we currently have is almost as cool as the house we had my first year, that house was smaller and off the row, had a park across the street, you always knew where people were. This house you kinda have to wanter around and look for people.

This is the house from the front, the picture is old, this is when we first moved in (Fall 2004) The lions are gone, we ripped them out because we don't need them (we took the house from SAE when they got their charter revoked and they got evicted) ... we used to get other houses come and ask to piss on them all the time before we finally threw them away (it only took us 6 months to do so...those things weighed like 500lbs each) now we have a big limestone rock on the front lawn. The place was so trashed when we moved in, SAE tore it up and the other houses raided it (as is typical when a house goes under, the same happened when Lambda Chi got the boot last semester) but yeah, nothing fancy as I stated before, but its our home. Lots of people consider it their home. Us, a few of our GDI girls, a DZ or 2, a few Sigma Kappas (and my friend from SK's pet rat), a snake in an aquarium, a pinata, a hamster...and if any of you ever stop by for a visit, I'm sure you'll feel right at home as well.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

More pimp houses.....

Here's that KU house. It used to be the Governors Mansion (I believe) and is said to be haunted. I went there once; very cool house. What's even cooler is that it sits on Sigma Nu Avenue, so the other sorority's and Frat's on that street have a Sigma Nu Address:

Purdue: Very cool looking. Check out the slip-n-slide on the hill there.... Hotties, tops optional:

Ole Miss again from the outside:

Old 01-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

I know that Nu is currently dormant. Is that house currently occupied?
Old 01-31-2007, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

wow, what happened to KU chapter????
Old 02-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator

Hazing. They were put on probation in 2003, then finally closed in '05.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2005/se...rnity/?ku_news
Old 02-01-2007, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

wow.... weak.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Depauw's house is - wow.