GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Gamma Rho
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,281
1 members and 2,280 guests
No Members online

Old 05-02-2008, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
question: without giving anything away because not everyone has read the episode yet, why would anyone at Ahpla care about Mona years later? the (rather abrupt) end of season 4 was Spring 2005-ish and i take it the beginning of this season is the beginning of this past year (Fall 2007) or at best this coming year, Fall 2008.

maybe im reading too hard into it. I know that readers would be like WTF with Mona, but why would the new Ahpla students care?
Her mom I thought was University Pres.. and she was Undergrad trustee when it ended.. now she is Big Dog over the orgs. Her reign of terror just doesn't seem to stop....
#4 - The Professor
Spring 2001 - GenuOne
Xi - University of Louisville
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-02-2008, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Question WHY???

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaX View Post
ATSB addicts.. please do not have a heart attack when you read the soap today... that is all.
I'm at lost for words. New author, new characters. I really thought that the soap would pick up where it left off. Of course I know that it's two years later in reality, but it doesn't have to be at Aphla, I mean it's a soap opera for crying out loud. Just when you get to know the old characters like they were real people, now you have to start learning new names. LOL. even though i'm complaining now, you know i will still read the new episodes.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by facebookjunkie View Post
I'm at lost for words. New author, new characters. I really thought that the soap would pick up where it left off. Of course I know that it's two years later in reality, but it doesn't have to be at Aphla, I mean it's a soap opera for crying out loud. Just when you get to know the old characters like they were real people, now you have to start learning new names. LOL. even though i'm complaining now, you know i will still read the new episodes.
Yeah that threw me for a loop too especially since we didn't get a true end to the old characters. I had to go back and read the list of characters so I knew who was who. I'm not mad as long as the writing holds up, which I think it will.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~Martin Luther King
Old 05-04-2008, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanizdSkillz
I was hoping Mona would meet some unfortunate accident but she didn't. And I thought I was the only seriously confused reader. Here I was expecting a continuation and now I gotta get used to a whole nother set of characters. And I wonder why ADoP decided to have another writer...
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jer 29:11)
Old 05-05-2008, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Questions I need answered:

Did Caryn, Bobby and Trina ever contract a disease? Who didn't they sleep with? Gross.

Did Miri and Gina continue on as the most boring couple I've ever seen in a soap?

What was the deal with Larry?

I know the result of elections for university president, but how did it happen?

I'll give this latest ATSB incarnation at least two more episodes before I declare it bootleg.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylike View Post
Questions I need answered:

Did Caryn, Bobby and Trina ever contract a disease? Who didn't they sleep with? Gross.

Did Miri and Gina continue on as the most boring couple I've ever seen in a soap?

What was the deal with Larry?

I know the result of elections for university president, but how did it happen?

I'll give this latest ATSB incarnation at least two more episodes before I declare it bootleg.
Seriously to all the above. Caryn and Trina were like walking STDs, yet didnt Sharessa give (cant remember the dude's name) something, the one that burns when you pee?

Miri and Gina, gag me with a spoon, they were totally irrelevant, and that whole adopted son story was riDICulous.

I didnt really care for Larry (or a handful of the characters) but I too wanted to see the showdown for Ahpla U president. clearly Dr. Mwatsumi and his weirdo Iota-schick wasn't happening, but come on.

Also, I wanted some resolve on the "who's really a lesbian?" storyline with April/Katrice. it got really silly for a second but even over the course of 10+ years (and many of us have wised up to "wow, black greeks can be gay? no way!") i wanted to see what happened.

I too will give it a couple more weeks before i call its bluff.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

^^Word and word.

I've mentioned this before, but I would always feel like I missed an episode somewhere. Miri went from hating BGLOs to becoming a member of a BGLO (some huh?). Miri and Mona getting together. Larry and April getting together.

Where was I while all this was going on?
Old 05-07-2008, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay! I am so glad this soap has been revived. I am glad that they decided to start fresh. I think some of the old story lines got a little ridiculous, and it would have been difficult to try to pick them up and save what was left. The new characters seem interesting, and I like the high level tie in to the the past.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but how does one pronounce the name of the university?

And "Kiaterria." That name.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylike View Post
I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but how does one pronounce the name of the university?

And "Kiaterria." That name.
Pronounciation of the school... Ahhh-plaaa

And I forgot it was thursday.... lemme go read...and clutch my pearls
#4 - The Professor
Spring 2001 - GenuOne
Old 05-08-2008, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

The episodes are too short. As soon as the story is about to pick up that's the end. I guess I'm just use to the good ole days.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~Martin Luther King
Old 05-08-2008, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten/Four View Post
The episodes are too short. As soon as the story is about to pick up that's the end. I guess I'm just use to the good ole days.
thats how i felt. how you pick up another writer but cut the episodes in half?

ehh, its a total snorefest right, im so hoping it picks up.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I was a bit disappointed myself.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovemyAKA View Post
I was a bit disappointed myself.
Ditto, and I feel bad for being disappointed because I REALLY wanted to love this. I was excited about ATSB coming back, and now I'm kinda sad it didn't come back strong.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prhototype22 View Post
Ditto, and I feel bad for being disappointed because I REALLY wanted to love this. I was excited about ATSB coming back, and now I'm kinda sad it didn't come back strong.
i think this is a slow churning plot...it is going to pick up... gotta properly introduce all characters it seems....
#4 - The Professor
Spring 2001 - GenuOne