GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 929
2 members and 927 guests
chi-o_cat, indygphib

Old 09-02-2011, 03:28 PM

Chapter Presidents' Badges

Are there any organizations where the chapter President's badge is distinct from the badges of the other members? Like maybe bigger or, well, blingier? Also, I think I remember hearing that one of the NPC sororities gives its chapter presidents a ring as a sign of her office? If that's true, does anyone have a picture to post? I'm curious to see what it would look like. Thanks!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

For Tri Delta, at least in my chapter, the president's pin is owned by the chapter and is lent for the current president to wear during her term. Our chapter's president's pin was a gift from executive office (or maybe the foundation?) when we were chartered so I'd assume each chapter's president's badge is a bit different as the years have gone by.

It is a bit larger, flatter and with blue stones compared to the standard badge.

Standard badge:

Couldn't find a picture of my chapter's president's badge, but it is similar to the Field Consultant badge:
Old 09-02-2011, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I know Alpha Phi Presidents have a special badge. As far as KD goes, like many sororities, there is a presidents ring, but either you buy it (and get to keep it forever, which is what i did) or some kd chapters have one that belongs to the chapter and it is passed on to the president each year.

http://www.hjgreek.com/index.cfm?eve...roduct_ID=9012 i have the white gold, and I LOVE IT.

ETA: The ring was my gift from my mother for my 21st birthday, which was just two weeks after I was elected

Last edited by katydidKD; 09-02-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Alpha Phi allows collegiate chapter presidents to wear a Lazy Phi style badge. It's bought by the chapter for the president to wear during her tenure. If I remember right, it has turquoise as the stone.

It does have turquoise! From HJ Gree:

Don't know if you are an Alpha Phi, if so, can she choose to buy her own and wear it/have the privilege to wear it as a past chapter president?
Old 09-02-2011, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

This is Theta Phi Alpha's member badge:

And here is the Chapter President Badge:

Θ Φ Α

Old 09-02-2011, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

My chapter had a president's badge that was donated to the chapter by an alumna. It was the standard SK badge but the gems were all opals. Unfortunately, badge has gone missing. Several of us have a good idea what happened to it...
Old 09-02-2011, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
My chapter had a president's badge that was donated to the chapter by an alumna. It was the standard SK badge but the gems were all opals. Unfortunately, badge has gone missing. Several of us have a good idea what happened to it...
...president that didn't want to part ways with it?

ETA: My chapter also had a president pass-down badge, yellow gold with all emeralds. I personally never liked it and never used it (preferred my own). A KD Chapter nearby passes down a beautiful all diamond white gold badge (saw it myself, stunning).

Last edited by katydidKD; 09-02-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
A Sigma Kappa badge with opals? Tell me you have a picture! I'd love to see it, and so would all of the other opal addicts on the badge trends thread!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Unfortunately, I am not sure any good photos of it exist. We had one president who would not wear it because she was a superstitious about opals. It was beautiful.

A sister whom I am close to was the president and never got the badge. She and I could put bits and pieces back together and it disappeared a few presidents prior to her term. A sister was elected president who was not slated nor even turned in a letter of intent. I am not ever sure she wanted it, but she ended up being elected. She had stress breakdown during finals week in May, didn't return to school the following fall. The badge was never seen after that.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

The SAE Chapter President's badge is actually the original design of the badge. The current members badge can be viewed here, and the president's badge can be viewed here. The website doesn't really give any perspective as to the difference in size, but the members badge is consistent with the size of most GLO member badges and the president's badge is substantially larger, on the order of an inch and a half along the long axis, if memory serves.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:42 PM

What a shame about that Sigma Kappa opal badge.

AEPhi doesn't have a special chapter president's badge, although of course the president can go buy a president dangle for her badge.

The only AEPhi who gets to wear a different badge is the national president - she wears the Hannah G. Solomon Badge, which is passed down from president to president. Hannah G. Solomon was the founder of the National Council of Jewish Women. Other national officers have a pin (a gold circle with the Greek letters embossed on it) that they wear in addition to their own badge. (I'm starting to smell a new thread idea... )
Old 09-02-2011, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfersLady View Post
For Tri Delta, at least in my chapter, the president's pin is owned by the chapter and is lent for the current president to wear during her term. Our chapter's president's pin was a gift from executive office (or maybe the foundation?) when we were chartered so I'd assume each chapter's president's badge is a bit different as the years have gone by.

It is a bit larger, flatter and with blue stones compared to the standard badge.

Standard badge:

Couldn't find a picture of my chapter's president's badge, but it is similar to the Field Consultant badge:
The president, Risk Management, Member Development and New Member Educators from every chapter were present at RLC this past February, and I met several presidents from single letter chapters. It seemed to me that the older the chapter, the older the president's badge, because the president of what I think was our Epsilon chapter had a badge that looked similar to the badge on the right.

It was massive, had opals up the crescent, and had opals in the stars, if I'm correct. I was stunned by how unique it was, and when I asked her about the badge, she said that it was a founding sister of their chapter's badge!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Delta Gamma has a president's badge that is larger than standard and flat instead of rounded. It has all pearls recessed into it. The guard is a gavel.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

To my knowledge, ADPi doesn't have a standard Chapter President pin. My chapter president wears a Founder's Pin, regular pears, and a fancy guard.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:35 AM
GreekChat Member

The Delta Chi "A"'s badge (chapter president) is the standard black enamel badge, but it's twice the size (one inch compared to half an inch). Some chapters may pass them down, but mine did not. I chose not to buy one when I was "A" because I thought it was too large and gaudy looking.