GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,442
2 members and 2,440 guests
navane

Old 04-06-2017, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Older College Student Wants To Join a NPHC Sorority

I am an older full-time college student enjoying my college experience while working on my 2nd bachelor's degree. I am interested in joining a NPHC sorority. The school I attended in my 20's did not have any Greek organizations. It just wasn't meant to be at that time. Now, I am 40 years old with a BS degree and qualify for the graduate route. But why should I join the graduate chapter when my current college has representation from all of the Divine 9 sororities? Do you think I have a chance? What should I do and how should I approach this?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-06-2017, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

If you have a first Bachelor's degree, you most likely will not qualify for collegiate membership. Visit the website of the specific organization you want to join and discuss it with the members on your campus, after you have developed a relationship with them.

There are plenty of NPHC Greeks who joined at a non-traditional age, and still others who were not selected as undergraduates because they did not fit with the local chapters.

I have a hunch that you would enjoy the alumnae/graduate experience even more, but if the collegiate experience is open to you, you might as well pursue it.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

visit www.divineninelover.com for more NPHC-oriented content, as those types of questions are not typically answered here.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

What he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen's Revenge View Post
If you have a first Bachelor's degree, you most likely will not qualify for collegiate membership. Visit the website of the specific organization you want to join and discuss it with the members on your campus, after you have developed a relationship with them.

There are plenty of NPHC Greeks who joined at a non-traditional age, and still others who were not selected as undergraduates because they did not fit with the local chapters.

I have a hunch that you would enjoy the alumnae/graduate experience even more, but if the collegiate experience is open to you, you might as well pursue it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen's Revenge View Post
visit www.divineninelover.com for more NPHC-oriented content, as those types of questions are not typically answered here.