GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Xi Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,458
3 members and 1,455 guests
LaneSig, Sarak24034

Old 10-27-2011, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
AXiD Random

Copying the other forums that have an "XYZ Random" thread. I thought we needed a thread to share random AXiD things going on in our lives that may not exactly warrant a new thread.

I just got an email asking if I would like to volunteer to help with officer interviews/selection for the DePaul colony!!!

I'd really love to help and although it looks like it may be a large time commitment for a weekend, I actually am pretty free that weekend. Just waiting to confirm the times before I give a final yes or no.

I'm just so thrilled to be helping out a colony--I know that there were many women who volunteered and gave time to help my colony be a success, it's the least I can do to pay it forward.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
That's awesome. All I'm doing is going back for the weekend and attending Homecoming as an alum for the first time.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again
Old 11-06-2011, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Officer interviews for DePaul went well (but was EXHAUSTING!) Still happy to be a part of it though. I see lots of potential for that colony
Old 11-06-2011, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

That's great! They sure have a growing Greek system! I think they should start pushing for dorm floors/buildings! Housing is so weird there and of course buying private housing would be out of the question.

Keep us informed!
Old 11-15-2011, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

**sigh** Days like today make me really miss my sisters.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda6035 View Post
**sigh** Days like today make me really miss my sisters.
{{{hug}} .. call if you want to talk!
Old 02-03-2012, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm SO excited for DePaul's installation next weekend. It's going to be held at a super awesome venue, Cafe Brauer, at the Lincoln Park Zoo! (We considered it for our wedding ) http://www.lpzoo.org/events/host-pri...nt/cafe-brauer
Old 02-04-2012, 01:35 AM
GreekChat Member

What a beautiful place to hold an installation! Back in my day we held initiations in the middle of the night in a dark room. What a difference to be in a glass house at mid day!

Now I'm so interested to hear how the presentation at USC went. Anyone? Anyone?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm so bummed. I found an old AXiD song book that I really wanted. I was keeping my eye on it but since I was out of town yesterday and catching up on work emails this morning, I completely forgot about the auction and missed it.

It went for only $8.50. Such a deal!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I still have mine, Sing Out for Alpha Xi Delta, in the yellow flexible binder. I'm glad to share whatever's in it, if you were after the contents and not the actual book. Mine is from the mid-80's.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been presented with the opportunity to get involved with our DePaul chapter. I really, really, really would love to, but not sure if I'll have the time commitment. Hmmm...
Old 04-30-2012, 03:18 AM
GreekChat Member

After taking an almost two-year hiatus from school (or at least from non-community college), I'm transferring to the University of Rhode Island and will hopefully be affiliating with the Beta Upsilon chapter there! (I was initiated into the Theta Zeta chapter at ERAU Prescott in Fall of '09)

I'm REALLY excited about it and I felt I had to share!
Old 04-30-2012, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiLoveAXiD View Post
After taking an almost two-year hiatus from school (or at least from non-community college), I'm transferring to the University of Rhode Island and will hopefully be affiliating with the Beta Upsilon chapter there! (I was initiated into the Theta Zeta chapter at ERAU Prescott in Fall of '09)

I'm REALLY excited about it and I felt I had to share!
Oh heyy Theta Zeta! I'm Theta Omicron, ERAU DB congratulations on URI!

Oh and lately I've been thinking a lot about how things change for the better- a year ago, I was pretty convinced I would be accepted to the Air Force Academy and was not even considering greek life. Thankfully, my lovely RA/now sister got me to come out to recruitment (lots of "Just come meet the girls in the different sororities. Just meet them. If you don't like it, then you at least tried. But you are going to try." type things haha) and now I can't begin to imagine my life without Alpha Xi Delta. My other school choice was UMD, and I don't think I would've gotten things together to go through recruitment there, but probably would've been interested in this new group that's starting up again...

Last edited by justgo_withit; 04-30-2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Thought more things
Old 08-16-2013, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

My chapter just got their latest composite in, so I have to brag. I love these girls...

Old 10-15-2014, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I have this awesome AXiD track jacket, it’s got our crest on the back and a little heart sunshine on the back of the collar and our letters (and my chapter’s letters) on the front. I don’t really wear it to work much because it doesn’t have a hood and it’s kind of impractical for waiting around in the rain for all the kids to get picked up, but since it was chilly but not rainy yesterday, I decided to wear it.

We had a special guest from a local program come do a fun activity with the kids, something I was very excited about. As I was leading the kids outside to the space where we were doing this activity, I was walking backwards so I could keep an eye on my kids in line. When we got to our activity area, our special guest came up to me and said:

"I recognized the crest on the back of your jacket, I’ve never met another sister just out and about, I’m an Alpha Xi too!"

I was FLOORED! We did the handshake, she told me she was from University of Southern Maine, we hugged and got really excited about meeting each other, and then turned our attention back to the kids. After doing a little bit of digging, I’ve learned that she was a founding member of the chapter at USM! Such a small world!

It truly made my week meeting her. Even though I’m not an active alumna, it’s still lovely to meet another sister, especially one from so far away!