GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,082
1 members and 1,081 guests
No Members online

Old 11-25-2014, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

SDSU Greek Leaders Issue Community Statement on Sexual Violence

The leaders of each of the Greek Councils at San Diego State issued the following statement on Sexual Violence on campus following allegations of sexual assault by a fraternity.

http://newscenter.sdsu.edu/sdsu_news...s.aspx?s=75331

DaffyKD
Old 11-25-2014, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

This is just the kind of approach I would love GLOs everywhere to take! It is mature, thoughtful, and attempts to get to the roots of the problem virtually everywhere.

I think we have to accept the reality that the chips are down for Greeks everywhere. Entire Greek communities are being abolished on some campuses.

Now is the time to rise to the occasion like mature adults and come up with positive and constructive ways to identify the causes, specifically the role that Greeks have played in this horrific situation, and to put in place remedies and solutions.

No more passing the buck, please!

Chi Omega
Old 11-26-2014, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaffyKD View Post
The leaders of each of the Greek Councils at San Diego State issued the following statement on Sexual Violence on campus following allegations of sexual assault by a fraternity.

http://newscenter.sdsu.edu/sdsu_news...s.aspx?s=75331

DaffyKD
The story or blog (below) includes some background information, as well as the Greek Councils' statement:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...exual-assault/
Old 11-27-2014, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Update:

SDSU suspends all frat activities after members wave dildos, throw eggs at rape protesters
Quote:
The InterFraternity Council admitted that the fraternity members who pelted participants in Friday’s Take Back the Night protest against sexual assault with eggs and waved dildos at them behaved in a manner that did “not reflect the values of the Greek community at SDSU.”

She said that men at both the Sigma Phi Epsilon and Delta Sigma Phi fraternities shouted obscenities and waved dildos at the protesters, and that drivers along fraternity row threw eggs at them.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/s...qFNGA.facebook

Words can't express my disappointment.