GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,647
1 members and 1,646 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 09-26-2005, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Boyfriends and Crushes

Completely random topic but I need some input on this....

I've been with my boyfriend for 2.5 years and we're talking about marriage and proposals and all that jazz for after I graduate in May. We like kind of far apart so we don't see each other all that often but when we do it's awesome. Now comes the bad part...I have a bunch of classes with this guy that I really think I have a crush on. I would NEVER cheat on my boyfriend but I'm just really wondering if it's normal to have these crush feelings for another guy or should it be a sign that my boyfriend and I aren't ready for the next step??
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-26-2005, 09:54 PM

Crushes are completely normal. Now if you find yourself blowing off a visit from your boyfriend because crushboy asks you to study, that's another story and maybe you aren't ready for a commitment.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Physical attraction is a normal part of being human. I think people assume that when they find "the one" they will simply stop being attracted to members of the opposite sex, but that just isn't so. New people are always going to be interesting, and attractive people are always going to make your heart flutter, your palms sweaty or your cheeks flush.

As 33 said, the problem comes in when you act on those desires and feelings.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation i need help

i know it's a bit out of subject but pleaaaase could sb speaking greek contact me? lucia__@centrum.sk it's extremely important for me
Old 04-10-2007, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
ya, like 33 and AXiD670 said, it is normal to have a little crush on someone, because you are human, it is once you want to or actually do act on those feelings where you get in trouble.
sometimes its fun to have a school girl crush, that rush of adrenaline when you see them
I have a crush on the soux chef at the restaurant i work at... he's so not my type... bald and pale but god... the way he cooks a steak or preps the food... it gets me all hot and bothered lol
moral of the story is... have fun with it but you know where your loyalty is
Old 04-10-2007, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Something tells me that OP is either married or broken up by now...
Old 04-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Banned

You might be what Imus would refer to as a Ho. I don't know for sure though.

-Rudey
Old 04-10-2007, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlethiaSi View Post
ya, like 33 and AXiD670 said, it is normal to have a little crush on someone, because you are human, it is once you want to or actually do act on those feelings where you get in trouble.
sometimes its fun to have a school girl crush, that rush of adrenaline when you see them
I have a crush on the soux chef at the restaurant i work at... he's so not my type... bald and pale but god... the way he cooks a steak or preps the food... it gets me all hot and bothered lol
moral of the story is... have fun with it but you know where your loyalty is
Check the dates on the thread...

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 04-11-2007, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I know the date on the thread is old, but I just have to say...

I'm happily married. I adore my husband and am completely loyal to him. He is my best friend and also quite a hottie (in my completely biased opinion ).

That said, I have a huge (innocent) crush on a guy from his softball team. He is just too adorable. (And a police officer too, though I've never had the opportunity to see him in uniform.) My husband knows though - he cracks jokes to me about it. (Ex - when we happened to be driving through his neighborhood to visit family who lives in the same area, my husband pointed and said "hey, there's your boyfriend's house." Or if we're going out with a group of friends, he'll tell me "your boyfriend's going to be there.") Obviously my husband is a very good sport, and we are very secure in our relationship.

Developing an attraction to someone else is normal and isn't necessarily a bad thing. Its what you do (or should I say "don't do") about the attraction that matters.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
This is not a criticism, just a question. But would you be as good a sport if the roles were reversed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan314 View Post
I know the date on the thread is old, but I just have to say...

I'm happily married. I adore my husband and am completely loyal to him. He is my best friend and also quite a hottie (in my completely biased opinion ).

That said, I have a huge (innocent) crush on a guy from his softball team. He is just too adorable. (And a police officer too, though I've never had the opportunity to see him in uniform.) My husband knows though - he cracks jokes to me about it. (Ex - when we happened to be driving through his neighborhood to visit family who lives in the same area, my husband pointed and said "hey, there's your boyfriend's house." Or if we're going out with a group of friends, he'll tell me "your boyfriend's going to be there.") Obviously my husband is a very good sport, and we are very secure in our relationship.

Developing an attraction to someone else is normal and isn't necessarily a bad thing. Its what you do (or should I say "don't do") about the attraction that matters.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I have a crush on a personal trainer at Gold's Gym by my house... Rippling muscles. He's so sexy... But, I am trying to set him up with a friend who I think he'd like.

My husband seems ignore it. I think it makes him a little anxious. But I don't really flirt--that much...

If the roles were reversed, homegirl would have to blow me outta the water. Because I am like a "Maybach" and I would be pissed if he dumped me for a cracky whore is like a Pinto with an anti-theft device in South Central LA.

If he wanted the bootlegged crap, then hey, he can have her...

Old and busted vs. "New Hottness"?

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 04-12-2007, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
This is not a criticism, just a question. But would you be as good a sport if the roles were reversed?
Believe me - I know all the women he thinks are hot. (Whether celebrity ladies or people we actually know in real life.)

The wife of another couple we are good friends with has a huge crush on my husband. A few of us were going to photoshop a picture for her with my husband's face and some hunky stud's body and give it to her as a gag gift for Christmas one year. But my husband put a stop to that - he's a little too modest to want a half-naked photo of him floating around out there (even if it was photoshopped).
Old 04-13-2007, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

is really is impossible to think someone is unattractive when they really are hott... but that doesnt mean you think anything less of your boo. and if you want to talk to him, but you really dont want to cheat, it's bc you want some attention. i mean, 2 1/2 years.. you proabably have only "accepted" attention from your bf, but its a nice ego boost to get it from someone you think is hott. dont sweat it, it could also be your hearing the shackles of marriage.lol.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quillogold View Post
Completely random topic but I need some input on this....

I've been with my boyfriend for 2.5 years and we're talking about marriage and proposals and all that jazz for after I graduate in May. We like kind of far apart so we don't see each other all that often but when we do it's awesome. Now comes the bad part...I have a bunch of classes with this guy that I really think I have a crush on. I would NEVER cheat on my boyfriend but I'm just really wondering if it's normal to have these crush feelings for another guy or should it be a sign that my boyfriend and I aren't ready for the next step??
I don't think you have a crush on the guy. You're just looking at how cute he is. Nothing wrong that. Hey, you're not acting on it.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

do you imagine yourself being that dude's girlfriend? if so then you have a crush....if you have a crush on someone else, you may want to rethink engagement