GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Chi Omega
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,509
1 members and 1,508 guests
MethrenLusia

Old 10-22-2001, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

rush skits

Hi
I am looking for ideas for a rush skit, I am trying to help outthe rush chair. We have had three different skits in the last four years. We would like to find a skit and stick with it, that way we could improve it each year. We need something awesome because our campus's productions are nearly Broadway worthy. We are a bit limited because there are 10 other NPC GLOs on campus and no one can even have a song in common. If somebody had a script that would be great. We have the scripts to the three we have done. We could possibly update those. They are 1) a cowboy/western skit, 2) a wedding skit, and 3) Alice In Alpha Chi Land. They were all really cute and effective but we would like something very polished and professional looking.

Thanks
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-22-2001, 01:18 AM
GreekChat Member

rush skits

Hi, though I am no longer in college, the skit I liked the most was Grease-can y'all do this or are there other sororities performing this skit? Have you seen it-it is soooooo cute and
the rushess loved it. When we first were learning the skit we had a video but I am not sure how we got it-maybe nationals has one? I went to Texas A&M and maybe they have a video that you can have.

K
Old 10-22-2001, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for responding. There is already a chapter on campus that does Grease. They have done it for at least ten years so I doubt they will stop any time soon. The other skits that are already used on our campus are:

a take off on the Grammys
a take off on Planet Holleywood
a take off on Hard Rock Cafe
Grease
Annie
Wizard of Oz
Bye Bye Birdie
the remaining 4 houses don't do the same skit every year.

just a side note: my GLO did Annie the year I went through rush and now another house does it-I don't know why we did not stick with it b/c it was cute.
Old 10-22-2001, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I remember reading in one of the Lyre magazines about a "Vogue" skit, I think it was UT Arlington but not positive, maybe you can call nationals and ask them. Meanwhile I will look in the magazines to see if I can find it. Not sure if it is good but sounds like no one else on your campus does it.

Ok I found it-it is in the summer 1999 Lyre-the chapter was Massachusetts and apparently they won panhellenic awards for this skit-give them a call I bet they will help you out. I think the skit sounds cute and original.

Let me know what happens-

Karen
Old 10-23-2001, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaChiS2K
We have 2 awesome skits that we use- the first is "Get Wild with AXO." Everyone wears our jungle letters (zebra, leopard, snakeskin) and there's jungle decorations everywhere. Then we do a great dance to Tone Loc's "Wild Thang," and change the words to fit AXO (I don't remember them all but I could get them if you want). One of our sisters took some hip-hop classes and she created the HOTTEST dance to the song, it's so funky and fun and gets the girls PUMPED, since we're so into it.

Out Theme skit is "Little Shop of Sorors," starring Rhonda Rushee going through rush- she's bombarded with sorority girls saying "Hiwhatsyournamewhatsyourmajorwhereareyoufromwants omepunch?" Then she goes to Alpha Chi and finds it so different- seniors are in the background in feather boas as the "doo-wop" girls, singing "Little shop, little shop of sorors, Alpha Chi, alpha chi's the answer" and the rest of the songs. It's like a Broadway show, it's soooo great. I'm sure I can get some more detailed info if you want
Old 10-24-2001, 05:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh AlphachiS2K the little shop of sorors skit sounds so cute!!!
Old 10-24-2001, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

My chapter does not do skits, but we're close to UMass and from what they tell us, they have kickin' skits.

Oh, I wish I had gone to a school with a real Greek system...
Old 10-29-2001, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

I am still in the process of looking for skit ideas. I called Mass. and I am waiting for their skits. They do a Charlie's Angels skit and their old skit is Vogue. I also had an idea that I wanted to run by everyone.

I thought maybe a take off on Cinderella. Cinderella would be a PNM, her fairy godmother would be a PX, and I'm not sure about the step-mother and -sisters. Instead of going to a ball she could be going through recruitment and accidently leave her shoe at the AXO house. We would be looking for her and she would be looking for us.

Is it way too cheesey? I am afraid that since it is a fairy tale it may be to young. I would like some feedback before I pitch it to the chapter.

Thanks
Old 10-29-2001, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

I like your idea-maybe for a more serious night-does that make since? At my chapter the first couple of days would be high energy skits like grease and then 3 or 4 th day you become more serious with your skits they were more low key-would Cinderella be a more serious skit?-a bonding skit? I am not sure if I am making any sense?

Karen
Old 10-29-2001, 02:15 AM
GreekChat Member

That makes total sense. I was just afraid of it being too cheesey. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2002, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ThetaSigmaAXO
Question Philanthropy Night 2002, in need of ideas

Hey girls, Im a NIS of the Theta Sigma Chapter at UNF, and I hope to be chosen as the philanthropy night chair women. I need some ideas about what we could possibly have potential new members help us make. My rush, we puffy painted patches of felt with inspiring phrases, the patches of felt were sewn together into a type of quilt, and hung in the childrens play room of a local battered womens shelter. I am lost to what we should do next year, I know rush isn't for a few more months, but I want everything to be AWESOME! Please post what you have done in the past few years or any good ideas you might have! LITB
Old 03-16-2002, 02:46 AM
GreekChat Member

I am so old that when I went through rush we didn't have Philanthropy night. The most common thing I have heard of is making toiletry bags for the local womens shelter-if anything else comes to mind I will post. Anyone else have any ideas???
Old 04-19-2002, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey girls!
A few RUSHES ago, my chapter had a really cute idea. We did a "Friends" nite with coffee in big mugs and a really cute skit that went along with the theme. For the philanthropy, we had the girls paint ceramic mugs. If you joined, then you received the mug as part of your bid day gifts. The extra mugs were filled with treats and donated to a local organization. Hope this helps!
Old 04-20-2002, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

i am copying this from a post i made in june 2000 when i was still a collegian!

During recruitment, we have a philanthropy night where we decorate paper bags with designs and fill them with toiletries that were donated by companies. We also do the "clothesline project" where we decorate paper t-shirts with slogans against domestic violence and hang them in the main commons on a "clothesline" where everyone can read them. We also used to do a presentation/lesson about how to defend ourselves if we are attacked. This isn't meant to be used like a professionally trained person, just some basic moves to protect ourself against an abusive person.
Old 11-02-2002, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Rush Skits

OK, to start some conversation here:

Skit nights during recruitment/rush.

What does/did your chapter do? Any funny stories? For anyone that has been through formal recruitment as a PNM or Rho Chi, did you see any other chapter's skit that was just too cute? Anyone gearing up for a formal spring/winter rush skit?