GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,196
1 members and 2,195 guests
No Members online

Old 10-21-2016, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh my god if I had the spare dinero I'd be all over that.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-23-2016, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I didn't manage to snag it. I had to put my password in to finalize the bid and it cost me the last few seconds. I hope it went to a sister or at least someone who will cherish it for the treasure it is. That particular pin was cast before the badge was standardized. I tried to find the sister engraved on the pin and it's very likely that our member database doesn't go back that far.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi.

I am the mom of an Alpha Chi Omega and would like to know what the rules are for "dangles" (not sure what they are called now). Do you only have a dangle for a Chapter Office? What about a Panhel Office? She will be VP Member Operations/Recruitment next year and I would like to buy her a dangle if appropriate.

Regarding the pin trends. I am a DG and was initiated in 1977. I have a four pearl pin and no guard. I always wanted a full pearl pin and a guard. When my daughter ordered her Alpha Chi Omega pin, I paid for a full pearl pin with an etched guard. It is stunning!
Old 11-23-2016, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ I would suggest that you search online at the Herff-Jones Alpha Chi Omega site. I bought a VP-Housing dangle for my Pi Phi daughter a couple years ago, which was the same dangle we use for House Corp. Board president (which I am, so we have matching dangles ).

I think it's good to check the sorority specific dangles pages, because we have a different dangle for undergraduate House Manager than what Pi Phi has for VP-Housing. So, you can't be sure that each sorority has the same dangle for similar/identical offices.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the tip!

I checked out HJ and they not only have the sorority dangles, but they have the National Panhellenic ones as well. There is a dangle for VP-Recruitment which would fit. I would think that this would be the correct dangle since she is the Panhel VP Recruitment. Not sure if those NPC dangles on HJ are only for actual NPC Officers at the Alumnae level. From looking at the HJ website they look like they may be for the NPC Officers at the collegiate level.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
Thanks for the tip!

I checked out HJ and they not only have the sorority dangles, but they have the National Panhellenic ones as well. There is a dangle for VP-Recruitment which would fit. I would think that this would be the correct dangle since she is the Panhel VP Recruitment. Not sure if those NPC dangles on HJ are only for actual NPC Officers at the Alumnae level. From looking at the HJ website they look like they may be for the NPC Officers at the collegiate level.
NPC dangles are usually collegiate Panhel delegates, Panhel officers, etc. Alumnae dangles often have an A overlaid on the charm.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI

Updated badge! My sister got me the guard in the top right corner for Christmas.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSAI View Post

Updated badge! My sister got me the guard in the top right corner for Christmas.
WOW! It must take you an hour to get dressed for meeting!
Old 01-12-2017, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
WOW! It must take you an hour to get dressed for meeting!
The little black thing it's pinned on is called a "Badge Buddy". SAIs use them a lot. Once I get it organized the way I want on my badge buddy, it stays there. When I need to dress in formal badge attire, I put on the badge buddy.

I will say that every time I add something to my badge, it takes me a really long time to get it the way I want it. I am very particular about the way my badge looks.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSAI View Post

Not gonna lie, first thing I did was go search the national website to find which guard that was, and then which position—congrats on that! That guard looks lovely with all of the rest!

Old 01-20-2017, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, that's a realy impressive badge setup! I do like the badge buddy idea.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=misscherrypie;2399160]I don't think that I've ever posted photos of my Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi badge. All of our badges originally come in two pieces. I remember that the diamond shaped portion with the paw and Magen David is to be given to a new member before her initiation, and then the banner with our letters is attached after initiation.

This is such a unique badge. Thank you for sharing.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I didn't see any mention of Alpha Sigma Alpha or Alpha Chi Sigma, so here y'all go!

ASA badges are yellow gold and plain, crown pearls, crown pearl with ruby points, crown diamonds, or crown diamonds with ruby points. Several people, including myself, also wear guards. The guards can be plain gold or crown pearls. I personally have the crown pearl with ruby points and a pearl guard. We were given the option by our NME to choose which one we wanted as our dues covered the badge. I had the plain badge with no guard, but upgraded after initiation.

In my Alpha Chi Sigma chapter, we all wear the plain badge, but it is available in crown pearl with ruby, emerald, aqua, or sapphire points as well. We also do not wear guards. Our dues covered the badge and we were not given the choice of a jeweled one, but I can't think of anyone who has ever gone out of their way to upgrade the badge. I tried to include a picture, but I couldn't get it to work.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

How about this?
Old 07-19-2017, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes! That's what it looks like. Mine is plain and has no guard, so it's slightly smaller.