GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,385
1 members and 2,384 guests
LaneSig
Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2000, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Post fred

if you don't like greek life, why do you hang around a harrass us on this website. Do you wish that you hadn't let go of your frat? You aren't going to have any effect on people here. We are all going to defend greek life and do what we want. Why do you bother.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-19-2000, 11:17 AM
Banned

Smile

I write a lot of personal e-mails to people on this site. Some of them don't defend; they seek information. My initial replies are not harassing, and neither are my other ones. If scriptures are harassment, then I will let the individual tell me. If one considers the Bible harassing, I won't respond to them anymore. I'm not going to change anyone, but God can. He told us what to do in Matthew 28:19-20 and II Corinthians 5:17-20. I know my calling in life, and Who called me. Free speech is a right I will exercise.
Old 01-19-2000, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

i understand. I like reading the bible, and I don't consider scriptures to be harrassing, but, i do find comments about other religions offending. I think other religions are interesting and I like to research them. I've taken many world religion classes and I enjoy that. My personal belief is Christianity, but I am not offended by other religions and I certainly do not find them stupid. They are people too. Jesus loved everyone no matter who they were. Tax collectors,leapers, fishermen, even whores. He defended them and helped them. Yes, they were changed afterwards, but he loved them regardless. He also forgave those who didn't believe, so shouldn't christians follow his example? I believe that it is wonderful to teach people about him, but only if they want to be taught. I believe that we should listen to other people and learn about their religions and their culture as well. I believe it is important to our own. Even if it is different or unethical in our own eyes. I try to keep an open mind. People convert everyday and find a faith they never thought they had. I think it is wonderful to believe in something, even if it isn't my faith they believe in. It means people have hope. Hope means that someday they might find a way or a path that might lead them to Jesus . . . you never know.
Old 01-23-2000, 02:09 AM
Banned

Question

Other religions offend Christ. If they offend Him, they offend me. Muslims say that Jesus was a bastard, Catholics say that Mary is equal to Jesus, Hindus believe in hundreds of gods. Jesus says to reprove the works of darkness. How do you think people learn about Jesus? Through other Christians. Christ did not come to bring peace, He brought a sword. God is a loving God, but he's a Judge Who sends people to hell, including those above. God loves us so much that if we want to go to hell, he won't stop us. God loves the sinner, but hates sin. He will not accept sin/sinner in heaven. There's only one way to God. (John 14:6)

It's not I that offend, it's the Word that offends them.
Old 01-23-2000, 09:44 AM
Artimis

Thumbs down

While I am "rocket scientist" not a theologian, I have been exposed to enough Catholic doctrine to ask you to refrain from continuing to spread misconceptions about the Catholic church, especially with regards to Mary. Your misconceptions are NOT appreciated nor are the comments you continue to make about other religions.

This forum is for discussing Greek Organizations and Greek Life. Unless you are refering to a specific organization's history because of its founding principles are religious based, topics of religion only belong in Religious forums.

Thank You,

Artimis
Old 01-23-2000, 02:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

Thank you Artimis!! Fred I would just like you to know that I am a Catholic. I believe I went over that in my post to you. The reason I did not post any more is that you were so wrong I didn't know where to begin.

On the Mary issue. Catholics do not see Mary as an equal to Jesus Christ. In our prayers we do not pray directly to Mary, but we ask her to pray for and with us. We ask for her help, and for a lack of a better phrase, to put a good word in for us.

About other religions. We DO NOT condem them to hell. We recognize their differnces, and, since we are all children of God, do not judge them. We do not agree with their decision, but God, in the end, will decide what shall be done with all his children.

I'll be the first to admit that eventhough I have had a great deal of religion in my past, I do not know as much as I think I should. I do however know these two things to be true. If there is any Catholic who would like to add to my opinion please feel free.

Allison

------------------
Somewhere, somehow, it should be possible to touch someone and never let go again. To hold someone, not for a moment but forever.

Closed Thread