GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Alpha Iota

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,386
2 members and 1,384 guests
LaneSig, TLLK

Old 08-03-2007, 04:55 PM
GC Member

Send a message via AIM to OneTimeSBX Send a message via Yahoo to OneTimeSBX
flute, piccolo, clarinet, oboe, bass guitar, piano
Old 07-06-2013, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I play flute and mellophone. I participate in wind band, marching band, basketball band, and flute ensemble. I'd like to join choir but it doesn't fit in my schedule (Art major issues, ugh), but I am thinking about joining my college's "b" winterguard (which I still consider a musical activity even if they aren't producing the music).
Old 07-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Six year old thread.. kudos for searching before posting.

I'm an amateur violin player. I had a nearly full ride for my undergrad for it. I just recently took it back up again this year, joined a community orchestra and played in a Haydn festival orchestra with some friends. I joined/started a quartet, but it fell apart. Might try that again. I've played everything from classical to opera to musicals to being a member of a rock/jam band sort of thing where we played some original stuff and even some Dave Matthews covers (Boyd Tinsley is fun to cover).
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 07-07-2013, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I sing in a college choir at my school. I also can play the piano since when I was younger for a number of years I took lessons.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Let's see...In college, I:
Sang in two different choirs (not at the same time though)
Directed a small worship choir for 1.5 years
Played in the pep band for a year
Got the chance to sing in the chorus for Mahler's Resurrection Symphony and Bach's Mass in B minor
Old 09-22-2013, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I play bassoon.

Kappa Psi -May 9th 2009
Old 09-24-2013, 03:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Gosh, I never did reply to this thread.

I began with music at a very young age with the pots and pans from my mom's kitchen cabinet. Then when my brother was in beginner band and was playing the drums (he only did it for a year), I would sneak out to where he kept his drum and try to play it myself. I was 3, btw. I always enjoyed music class in elementary school, even if all I remember from it is singing. We didn't do recorder when I was in elementary music. I started beginner band in 5th grade, with clarinet. I played all through high school, went to numerous honor bands, All State band, was section leader and band captain, and all that jazz. Then I went to college and was in band all year my first year and planned on majoring in instrumental music ed, but I hated my applied lessons. I switched my major to the music-emphasis music business major in spring of my freshman year and joined my first choir that same semester. I kept doing concert band, but dropped marching band in the fall in favor of student government, more specifically the Program Council that planned concerts and stuff for the entire campus community. I took class piano classes and wound up in voice lessons, which I enjoyed much more than my clarinet lessons.

Anyway…I play clarinet, sing, and can also play some piano, flute, and some percussion (and not just because of my brother's beginner band instrument or my mom's pots and pans). I joined the local community choir in Spring '07, school choir the following fall, did concert band in Spring my first four years of undergrad, marching band only the first fall…