GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,331
0 members and 2,331 guests
No Members online

Old 08-18-2004, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Cute work clothes

Help! Some chick named Ann Taylor has taken over my closet and it's out of control. I need to branch out and be a little less generic so I was wondering what you guys wear to work.

By the way, my office is on the casual (very casual) side so I'm looking for more low key suggestions. Anyone?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-18-2004, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
i usually just wear skirts or pants and tops from jcrew or banana. we are super casual too and that always seems to be fine.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Cute work clothes

Quote:
Originally posted by cuaphi
Help! Some chick named Ann Taylor has taken over my closet and it's out of control. I need to branch out and be a little less generic so I was wondering what you guys wear to work.

By the way, my office is on the casual (very casual) side so I'm looking for more low key suggestions. Anyone?
Haha - I totally feel like that some days. I quit shopping at the Limited b/c 1-their stuff keeps falling apart on me, and 2-whenever I go in there, I find something I totally like but they don't have any in my size. Very frustrating.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a fan of NY&Co. But I only shop their sales. Their stuff goes on sale fairly quickly, so if you wait a few weeks, everything's at least 20% off.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Is there a Zara in your area? They have great stuff, very much in touch with what's hot off the runways (but at more affordable prices).

www.zara.com
Old 08-18-2004, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

H&M has pretty cheap, trendy stuff. You could probably find a few things there to mix in with your existing work clothes to punch it up a little bit without looking like a fashion victim.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
I'm a slave to Express and The Gap. Gap Outlet actually had a LOT of cute capri pants... and that's saying something because capri pants, on me, fit like regular pants, length wise.

My common outfit... a pair of cords, a shirt and a zip up hoodie and some cool kicks. If I want to dress it up a bit, I wear the cashmere hoodie I got at an end of the season clearance.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84
Zara is great, I also like Barami (when there is a sale that is) and H&M- not sure if they have that where you are, but H&M is like Mecca to a shopper in NYC.
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton
Old 08-18-2004, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lovelyivy84
... but H&M is like Mecca to a shopper in NYC.
I want to marry H&M. It's the best.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BabyP
Arden B
Old 08-19-2004, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

If you want to be less generic, skip the chain stores and try some local boutiques. It's more expensive, but they often have great sales, and you don't have to buy the entire outfits - you can spice up your AT/BR/Gap basics with cute accessories or even single pieces that not everyone will have (like a cute sweater with your usual AT pants).

As far as the chains go, Anthropologie has different stuff - some really cute and unusual casual skirts.