GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,570
1 members and 1,569 guests
No Members online

Old 01-26-2012, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellebud View Post
No question that Abby has an out of control mouth. HOWEVER, nothing prevents (ed) that parents moving their daughters to another competitive studio. A new studio might be more supportive. But to go from a potential college sureshot to a mundane cheerleader at a suburban high school.....not so much. (OK, here I'll grant that mom and daughter are on a reality show, so the college application would still stand out..."How I Survived Reality TV And Abby Lee")

BTW, your quote is wrong....Please correct it to : a daughter who KNOWS you're wrong.
A lot of dance studios won't take students from other studios, or if they do take the student, they will be completely shut out of competition and will dance with girls who dance once a week. I've seen it happen time and time again.

I personally think that Brooke is acting like a sullen teenager. I did agree with Melissa (for once!) that if a child commits to something, they need to stick it out for that season. At the end, if they decide to quit, it hasn't affected any others. I have to admit, I was one of the dancers who missed everything at school. But the few times I did go to things, it was a big letdown anyways. If she still actually wants to be in Cirque, this cheerleading has got to go. *Apologies for my personal bias against cheerleading*

Cathy's dance was TERRIBLE. And I was horrified at rude she continued to be. If I were one of her students, I would spend my time in a perpetual state of embarrassment. I think she needs to stopping "happening" to run into ALDC and focus on her students who are no doubt paying huge amounts of money.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellebud View Post
But to go from a potential college sureshot to a mundane cheerleader at a suburban high school.....not so much.
I'm not sure which high school she goes to since I don't watch the show (and they probably wouldn't say even if I did) but we do have some high schools with competitive cheer squads around here, as well as a nationally recognized all-stars team. I would think that's just as feasible a way to get a scholarship...one of my college friends has a daughter who just did exactly that.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, 2 of my daughters have.

I bet we'll see Brooke back on the stage dancing; this seems like a big ol' made up drama just for the show.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Yeah, 2 of my daughters have.

I bet we'll see Brooke back on the stage dancing; this seems like a big ol' made up drama just for the show.
SPOILER***

Brooke's been in competition results from later on in the season.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Wow! Then I bet we get to see *cheerleader drama* before we see that!
Old 01-30-2012, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't think Brooke was being a brat over choosing cheerleading over dance. Yes, she made a commitment but I see this as a great lesson for her on keeping & breaking commitments and the consequences that result from you not honoring them. You can't learn from your mistakes if you don't make them in the first place.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
I don't think Brooke was being a brat over choosing cheerleading over dance. Yes, she made a commitment but I see this as a great lesson for her on keeping & breaking commitments and the consequences that result from you not honoring them. You can't learn from your mistakes if you don't make them in the first place.
She wanted to do cheer leading all through last season. So to me, it's not a whim. At the time, her mother wouldn't let her because Abby didn't want to let her go. I also imagine that cheer leading will cost the mom tens of thousands of dollars less than she shells out for Abby Lee's school, so it's a win-win for the family.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
She wanted to do cheer leading all through last season. So to me, it's not a whim. At the time, her mother wouldn't let her because Abby didn't want to let her go. I also imagine that cheer leading will cost the mom tens of thousands of dollars less than she shells out for Abby Lee's school, so it's a win-win for the family.
I would say that as this point, this isn't a concern for the family. You don't get that fair in competitive dance and then pull back for monetary reasons (which sometimes is necessary, and should be done). I think a lot of Kelly's apprehension is based on the fact that she quit dance for cheerleading and regretted it.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I'm not sure which high school she goes to since I don't watch the show (and they probably wouldn't say even if I did) but we do have some high schools with competitive cheer squads around here, as well as a nationally recognized all-stars team. I would think that's just as feasible a way to get a scholarship...one of my college friends has a daughter who just did exactly that.
She lives in Murraysville so I'm thinking it would be Franklin Regional HS? I haven't lived in the 'burgh in awhile, though, so my WPIAL memories may be a little off.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillarneyRose View Post
She lives in Murraysville so I'm thinking it would be Franklin Regional HS? I haven't lived in the 'burgh in awhile, though, so my WPIAL memories may be a little off.
Yeah that would be FR.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw this for the first time yesterday and I am hooked. Inlove how the moms are. Abby doesn't bother me because she is just doing her job, but those mothers are a trip.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Just saw Abby Lee in the audience on Toddlers & Tiaras, episode "Crown Beauties". I got a lil too excited lol

KLTC
Old 02-05-2012, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TPARose
I feel the worst for little Vivi-anne (and not because her mother decided to spell her name that way). There was one interview in the first season where she admitted that she does not like to dance and does it to make her mother happy. It rather have a Kelly that allows her daughter to drop out of dance half way through a season, than a Kathy who strong arms her daughter into something that she obviously doesn't like doing to live vicariously through her.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

As over the top as Abby is, I find myself starting to like her upfront attitude towards these crazy moms. That being said, I did NOT like how she booted Peyton from the team for Brooke. That should have been done in private with her mom and not in front of the squad and the other moms.

The mom that really irritates me is the freaky ultra blond one (Christy?). She has this bitchy high school mean girl mentality. Kudos to Jill for standing up to her.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
As over the top as Abby is, I find myself starting to like her upfront attitude towards these crazy moms. That being said, I did NOT like how she booted Peyton from the team for Brooke. That should have been done in private with her mom and not in front of the squad and the other moms.

The mom that really irritates me is the freaky ultra blond one (Christy?). She has this bitchy high school mean girl mentality. Kudos to Jill for standing up to her.
Regarding Peyton, I agree. You just don't do that to anyone, especially a 14 year old...its already an emotional age, why make it worse? I know her mother is crazy, but I actually agreed with her when she yelled at Abby that she has the right to be upset. I also felt bad for the rest of the squad, since they realized what had happened after they rushed over to hug Brooke, and then ran back to Peyton. It had to be rough for them to watch.

Christy may be a mean girl, but I think Jill is certifiable. Massages? Really? And putting Abby's lipstick on? She comes across as ultra pushy and unfeeling towards anyone who isn't her kid, and I feel bad for Kendall (who I think is adorable...but I love all the girls), because she has the stigma of such a crazy mother. It was bad enough when she tried to bully Gianna into giving her daughter a bigger part, especially since it seems to be her and not Kendall gunning for the solos. I think she is seriously unhinged. I mean, she said at one point that watching Kendall dance is her hobby. For the love of blueberries, lady, go play tennis or drink your lunch and leave it be.