GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 1,524
0 members and 1,524 guests
No Members online

Old 10-01-2002, 01:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
Well... i thought i wrote something here but i guess i didn't so here we go:

Thank you to EVERYONE here for opening my eyes to a greater greek community. I have learned so much about other sororities and fraternities beyond my lil school in Sacramento, Ca. Thank you for your diverse opinions, the laughter, hope, and support.

With that: thank you AGD for having a fabulous philanthropy. I know diabetics like myself appreciate your effort.

ALL MY LOCAL GIRLS!!!!!! I am so glad there is a whole msg board dedicated to our trials/tribulations/successes etc. Special thanks to AOX81 for all her funny quizzes and websites in the Chit Chat/Cool Sites forums.

Now for my campus greeks:

The brothers of ZBT who have been my best guy friends whenever I need to talk or a place to party.

The brothers of Sigma Pi who have been our big supporters for the past couple semesters. A very diverse crowd like us.

The brothers of Nu Alpha Kappa for throwing a lovely fundraiser with us this last month. Total success!

The sisters of ADPi for being so sweet. They are growing so much and kudos for sticking thru all the hard times and never losing site of their main goal.

The sisters of Phi Sigma Sigma for being totally kick ass. They have similar personalities to us and just have that "take no crap" attitude. I love it!

My AXO cousin for just being her.

The sisters of Sigma Kappa for having stellar athletes, cool sisters, and the allience over our athletic rival. *giggle*
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-01-2002, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
My first shout-out is to all the wonderful members of Delta Tau Delta for being the greatest guys on the face of the earth, especially the Theta Lambda chapter at UCRiverside! I love you boys to death (as you all know)! So many of you are considered my best friends, my "grandchildren," and the support I always needed!

I also have to shout out to the ladies of Kappa Kappa Gamma at UCRiverside for being true Panhellenic sisters... especially Courtney S, Diane, Stephania, Jamie C, Valerie, Melissa E, Richelle, and Monique! I don't know what I would do without you girls!

I also want to give a shout-out to the members of Alpha Phi Omega because I believe your organization has done some of the most inspiring philanthropic work and I love every member I've ever met, (again, those at UCRiverside), especially Traci, Sabrina, Muffin (now ATO), Pocket Hercules (aka John, now Delt), Jeena, and anyone else I'm forgetting!

Finally, and I know this is my own organization I'm loving: to the Gamma Phi Beta ladies in Province 16A and 16B- Southern California! I love all of you and I'm so glad to share my sisterhood with such a diverse, exemplary group of women! To all the collegians and alumnae of these schools, you are the greatest!

Cal State Fullerton
Cal State Long Beach
San Diego State
Pepperdine University
University of Southern California
UC Irvine
UC Riverside
UC Los Angeles
UC Santa Barbara
University of San Diego
Chapman University
Old 10-11-2002, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Smile maybe 100?

Can we make it to 100 posts of positivity?
Old 10-12-2002, 03:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Let's see...

Kudos to the women of DSQ for your dynamic and ebullient brand of sisterhood. I re-read "In Search of Sisterhood" a few months ago, and I'm still amazed at the integral role so many of your Delta sisters played in American history.

Kudos to the men of LCA for chartering a chapter at North Carolina Central, and for daring to break down racial barriers by doing so.

Kudos to the men of IFQ -- the "baby of the (NPHC) family," for reminding us that babies do grow up to be strong, proud, and independent men.

And a non-specific kudos to all the Canadian greeks out there who have gone out of their way to make this little lost NPHC lamb feel at home.

Last edited by SoTrue1920; 10-12-2002 at 03:09 AM.
Old 11-30-2002, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Thumbs up We are almost there!!!!

Come on folks...let's hit 100 posts!
Old 11-30-2002, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

on the way to 100...

and in light of some posts of the last few days...

GO CHI O!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2002, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
What a great idea for a thread!

I'd like to thank the UCF DG's, Thetas, and Tri-Delts (not to forget the rest- those were the ones who just especially stood out to me) for being so welcoming to myself and the rest of the ladies of the newly chartered Eta Eta chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma. What a way to show Panhellenic spirit! It's now absolutely clear why UCF has such a great Greek system, with women like these involved.
Old 11-30-2002, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I just wanted to give props to any and all GLO's who are working hard to give Greek Life a good name. I'm fairly new to this board, but the reason I decided to join was because I saw a great deal of positive interaction between a myriad of greek groups. It seems that everyone is doing a wonderful job of holding greek life in high esteem! It just reminds me of that saying...."No matter the letter, we're all greek together!"

Much love to you all (esp the creator of this thread, Finer Woman, if i'm not mistaken), and keep up the good work!

-Sherika

SAI
Old 11-30-2002, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Here's to the "rivalries" and the friendships of Greeks everywhere--both help us all be better.

I have friends in Kappa Delta, Delta Gamma, Alpha Delta Pi, Pi Beta Phi, Alpha Chi Omega, Kappa Alpha Theta, Alpha Omicron Pi, Zeta Tau Alpha, Delta Delta Delta, Phi Mu, and Chi Omega.

I have family in Kappa Kappa Gamma, Delta Gamma, Zeta Tau Alpha, Delta Delta Delta, Alpha Delta Pi, and Sigma Kappa.

WHAT A TERRIFIC GROUP OF WOMEN!!!
Old 11-30-2002, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to skjackee Send a message via Yahoo to skjackee
I don't recall seeing any props to the handsome and always fun men of Sigma Chi, you guys are great!
I've also got to give it up to Michelle from Kappa Kappa Gamma and Danae from Pi Beta Phi, they were my Rho Gamma's through Rush and were the greatest girls ever, completely unbiased and always helpful and caring.
To the strong women of Chi Omega, the stuff you've been going through will only make you stronger, and I know you'll prevail...and I am in absolute love with your philanthropy!
Old 12-01-2002, 03:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Love ToT he Farmville 4: Love In The Bond

ASA:To my beloved sorority I love you guys my big my little and my big big big. Pledge Class I will remember you and I will Lean On you. Aspire Seek Attain. Little you are a year older than me and I Leave the Tree legacy to you. Our tree are leaders, scholars and dancers dedicated to the Alpha Sigma Alpha tradition. In my position I recruit and to you I leave the GPA requirements and no matter what I leave my future to you, take the little that exemplifies our tree. On my paddle you put " I was your angel and that I inspired you, little you are mine and welcome to one of the most special sororities. Happy B-Day: Jen.Kristin,Jess,Gem and Jen.. Alpha Love and All Mine.
To the Farmville Four you ladies are inspiring.
Chi-O: Cedar point love
AKA:Ladies and I do mean Ladies you are my inspiration, Mom I love you.Tho I am a legacy I followed my heart and went somewhere else.
Sigma3: Jessica Christine There's something unpredictable and in the end it's right I hope you've had the time of your life. Freshmen yr.
AGD: And these are the moments...Juvenile Diabetes GU Panhel
PiKa: How glad am I to be a Sister Of The Shield And Diamond S.L.A.G.
ADiPi: Laura wow! You are the best great charity.
SigTau's:Men and great men at that...one day you will get your charter back.
ZBT: 3 Sets of letters, Knocking On Heavens Door.
APD:Greek Week Lets Get Dirrrrrrrrty.
To everyone that I missed sorry, obtain your chapters ideals and you wont need recogniton from me, Love in the Bond.
Old 12-01-2002, 04:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to cntryZTA5
As a recruitment counselor, I had the opportunity to work with wonderful women from Chi Omega, Kappa Delta, and Sigma Kappa! All were great representatives of their organizations.

I also had the opportunity to meet many Pi Beta Phi's from UC Riverside several years ago, who were also great women!

Last, I have to recognize the Farmville Four. I had the opportunity to visit Longwood College during our Centennial Convention in 1998. It was great seeing the place where four wonderful sisterhoods began!

For those that were not specifically mentioned, all Greeks do wonderful things for the community through their volunteer work and fundraising!
Old 12-01-2002, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to goldendelta
I want to say thanks to all the GLOs at Adelphi for keeping the Greek system alive!

Alpha Chi Rho
Alpha Epsilon Phi
Alpha Kappa Alpha
Alpha Sigma Phi
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma
Sigma Alpha Mu
Sigma Delta Tau

To some of the nicest Greeks I've met:

Emily from DG - thanks for being so nice to me
Maria from AEPhi & Stefanie from DG - I wouldn't have survived accounting without you
Marty & Eric from SAM - thanks for the talks!
Katie from DPhiE at Post - I love you girlie!!!

I'd also like to thank all the founders of all GLOs for starting these great organizations. Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of something great.

DL,
Colleen

Life Loyal
Old 12-01-2002, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I really didn't know too many other greeks before i joined GC..
SO first a big Thank You to all GCers who've really taught me so much more about greek life.

To Alpha Omicron Pi - i just met a bunch of y'all last month, both alum and actives and they were all great women! So glad to have met you and keep up the fantastic Work (in particular Neon Pi)

To Delta Zeta - you have been great to us. I'm so glad we've been able to work together to further greek life on campus, even if we have been at odds in the past. You are outstanding individuals! p.s. I also love your turtles

To Sigma Chi - you guys are always the gentlemen and you do a lot of hard work for the campus and in the community. Kudos to you.

To Delta Chi - I always had a great time with you guys. I'll never forget our annual christmas mixers and I hope for the best for you.

To Pi Lambda Phi - we may not have hung out too much when I was in school, but when we did it was cool! You have many terrific men in your GLO.

And to all other NIC, NPHC, MCGLO, NPC and Locals - I'm proud to share the greek bond with all of you. Keep up the wonderful work that you all do!
Old 12-01-2002, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Oops!!! I forgot to mention Chi Omega as one of the sororities in my family. I had just typed it under my friends section and totally forgot to type it again!