GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,363
1 members and 1,362 guests
FSUZeta

Old 05-28-2003, 10:25 PM
Banned

The FUTURE

Anyone else have trouble dealing with the future?

-Rudey
--I mean our own personal futures...not that hippy shit about wars, pollution, and globalization.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

ACK! Yes, I hate hate HATE thinking about the future. It's too scary. I don't like to think about leaving college and having to go out in the real world....boo, I wanna be a college student forever. (Well, maybe not, but at least for a lot longer... )
Old 05-28-2003, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Right now, I am scared as to what the future might bring me. I have been struggling with a lot of personal issues lately and don't know why stuff keeps happening to me. I know it keeps making me a stonger person, but I just want for one day to be well....normal.

I am not b*tching, but I was not blessed as some of you are. I am a student putting herself through school and living on her own, I have to work full time and unfortunately this affects my grades. I am not one of those multitaskers who can handle the pressure. I wont give up on school. I plan on finishing....it just might take me awhile. And when I do graduate, I am sooooo scared as to what I am going to do in the real world. I know I want to teach....but where? how? I hate the unknown.

Other than my school and occupation issues, I take life as it comes. I want the good things out of life....true love and marriage, happiness, not a house but a home, beautiful children, and excitement. I'm willing to be patient and let it just come naturally....No rush. So, while all this chaos happens before me, all I will do is smile and thank God I am alive
Old 05-28-2003, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to steelepike Send a message via Yahoo to steelepike
Don't remind me. I think i must have a big fear of change. That's all my life seems to be these days is change.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to docetboy Send a message via Yahoo to docetboy
i'm afraid to think of my future

Old 05-28-2003, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I think about my future all the time. Things look good, but that does not mean they will turn out that way. I worry I'll hit some bump in the road... lol.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to docetboy Send a message via Yahoo to docetboy
i'm sure someone as nice as you will do just fine

Old 05-28-2003, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been through a lot of shit in the past 2 semesters, so I look to the future to get me through it. I can't say that I really have a support system of people, so I look to what possibilities I have and hope it will reach out and pull me through.

Something surprising to me is that I've been having a mid mid life crisis since I turned 21. I used to have the knee jerk reaction that anyone getting married at my age was messed up- then I look on my license and see that 21 really isn't that insane. I am shocked to see all my friends swearing and drinking with their parents...and then I remember that that is what comes with being a (legal) adult.

I used to concentrate so much on the future that I missed what was going on in front of me until it was too late. Now I'm clinging to every bit of my past and missing my adult youth. What can I say, I'm f*** in the head lol I just need to learn to deal.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to swissmiss04
I get kinda scared 'cause stuff is up in the air right now. I'm a year away from my internship so I have to start now applying and gathering info so that I can apply by October. I can only pick 4 intern sites and I'm so scared that they won't fall thru. Also I have to pick a grad school, because Loyno doesn't offer assistantships or fin aid or anything. And I have to decide what population I'm most interested in within my field because I need to pick an internship w/ that in mind. Argh. That and I have no money. At all.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

I have been somewhat troubled when thinking about the future lately, probably because I'm planning to make some major life changes. I'm afraid that once I do, I'll end up feeling less happy than I do right now and regret it.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Yeah I worry about my future a lot....find myself sobbing to people on AIM (Right Damsa and Brandon?). I dunno. I have a lot of potential but I'm not sure what path I want to take career wise. And the problem is I'm to the point where I could go out and get any jewelry job with my credentials and move any place I want but I'm scared to. I don't have anything tying me down (like a boyfriend) but I'm not sure I want to fly solo in an unfamiliar place where I'd be alone without friends.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:53 AM
GreekChat Member

The future is frightening (does the ghost of Christmas Future ring a bell, Dickens fans or not?). We are forced to deal with it on a regular basis. Think of it this way though: the past you can't change, the present is happening before our eyes, but the future is open to change and vision. I hope that it is a positive one!

The Trolls have taken over the Asylum!
Old 05-29-2003, 08:50 AM

I'm concerned about the future.

As of tomorrow, I'm out of work again and I'm starting to get pressure from my parents and in-laws to start a family (my husband and I are only children, so we're their last best hope for grandkids).

But I have plans... going for another certification, learning some new technologies, starting up my own business, writing a cookbook, puttering around in my garden...

So, the future is scary, but also promising.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
i'm terrified to graduate from college AND i'm scared that i won't graduate on time. i wish everything was easy and that there were no problems in life. my roommate is getting married in about a year and i've realized that most of my friends are in serious relationships and i've never had one lasting longer than 6 months....what if i never learn how to commit? I wish someone could just tell me exactly what was going to happen in my future...then maybe i wouldn't be so scared of what is to come.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: The FUTURE

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
Anyone else have trouble dealing with the future?

-Rudey
--I mean our own personal futures...not that hippy shit about wars, pollution, and globalization.
hahahaha.
I would think listening to your choices your future dilemma would be to buy the C32 AMG or the E55 AMG...
p.s. good link, very useful.