GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,809
0 members and 1,809 guests
No Members online

Old 01-09-2011, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm excited about seeing The Rite. I think it starts at the end of this month. Any movie with Anthony Hopkins is always a must see.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

We saw Country Strong last night. This is NOT an area where country music has a presence. We saw it because one of the stars was a good friend of my one of my daughters. It was surprisingly enjoyable.

....except for the crazy lady sitting next to me. She had a running dialogue with herself about everything from wacky to semi obscene. Would have changed seats but the only available seating was too close to the screen.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

While I was at home visiting my parents, we went to see True Grit. My dad loves westerns so he wanted to see it. I don't like movies like that so I knew I wasn't going to like it. I just went to hang out with them. Normally, I would give a movie like that a 0, but the acting was really good, so I give it a 1.5.
Romans 1:16
Old 01-09-2011, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Took my kids to see "Tangled" today. We loved it, and Rapunzel is my new favorite princess.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Saw Country Strong last night and it was really good. Gwyneth Paltrow was of course genius but Tim McGraw was really good also. (I may have a reason to watch Friday Night Lights now ) They both compliment each other well.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I think I might treat myself to a movie, tonight. I was thinking about seeing The Green Hornet. It looked really funny, but another side of me says wait until it's on netflix.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Anyone see Blue Valentine yet? I'm thinking of seeing that this weekend instead of black swan or the fighter
Old 01-18-2011, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I just saw The Green Hornet. It was okay, and I hated that it was in 3D. I hate 3D. I'll give it 3.5 stars out of 5.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Anne Hathaway announced as Catwoman
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 01-19-2011, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^Who's Bane? I've never heard of him? Does he have any really cool special powers?
Old 01-19-2011, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Cg...yeah...I am going to have to give you a Comics 101 course...LOL

Bane was a character back in the 90s that became infamous because he was one of the very few characters, that no matter how much Batman planned for him, Batman was beaten and broken (literally) by him.

Bane was featured in Batman Forever but he was utilised so poorly that I am kind of surprised they are actually bringing him back so soon in the re-boot.

Bane in the new movie would make this an exciting thing to watch.

Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 01-19-2011, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
Cg...yeah...I am going to have to give you a Comics 101 course...LOL

Bane was a character back in the 90s that became infamous because he was one of the very few characters, that no matter how much Batman planned for him, Batman was beaten and broken (literally) by him.

Bane was featured in Batman Forever but he was utilised so poorly that I am kind of surprised they are actually bringing him back so soon in the re-boot.

Bane in the new movie would make this an exciting thing to watch.

Wow, that's a lot. Thanks Daemon. I'm going to the geek thread, because I have something to ask you.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BemoreLXA View Post
Anyone see Blue Valentine yet? I'm thinking of seeing that this weekend instead of black swan or the fighter
I was reading some writer's Twitter feed, and he was at a screening of Blue Valentine. He said something about it being "the white people's 'Love Jones,'" which made me laugh a lot.

"Somewhere" was kind of awesome. But, I love everything Sofia Coppola does, so no surprise there. A lot of people don't like her, which I don't quite understand. I have a family member to whom I don't speak, who walked out of "Lost in Translation." The fact that she'd walk out of a movie that's one of my favorites indicates how different we are, indeed.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
I'm excited about seeing The Rite. I think it starts at the end of this month. Any movie with Anthony Hopkins is always a must see.
Woohoo! I can't wait until Saturday.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Woohoo! I can't wait until Saturday.
Romans 1:16