GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Chi > Chi Omega

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,402
1 members and 1,401 guests
LaneSig

Old 04-05-2002, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile interested

well i go to the university of cincinnati, and i'm somewhat interested in Chi Omega. I was wondering, in general, what are some of the things that you guys look for in pledges?? I heard that some of you have extended rush. Does that mean you can just show up anytime and try to get in?? Sorry I'm just curious. Thanks

Steph
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-05-2002, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xo_sue
Im very happy you are interested in Greek Life! I hope you will become a part of it!

I'll leave the question about the particular chapter up to one of our moderators who is from your area- she's the best person to give advice.

Chi Omega, as a whole, looks for young women who have high scholarship, involvement in campus activities, down to earth and sincere. As I'm sure you can tell by looking at different Chi O web sites and the chapter at your school- we accept all women of all race and religions.

I hope you will keep us posted on your Fall Recruitment experience and will keep an open mind regarding all the sororities on your campus Good Luck!

Sue
Old 04-05-2002, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a little confused

I just read on the KKG forum that you got cut from rush. I'm confused, are you planning to rush in the fall? Why is your rush so late anyways? Anyhow, good luck and keep your mind open.
Old 04-06-2002, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

She might be referring to Continous Open Bidding (COB). In which case the chapter there can only take a few more member because they didn't make quota during regular Recruitment.
But who knows?! Each Greek System is different!

Sue gave some great advice as to what Chi Omega looks for. We try to look at the overall package, as well as other particulars, such as grades and involvement. But each chapter of Chi Omega is different and might have other expectations. So please go into it with an open mind... and best of all, be yourself! Some people can look great on paper (meaning they have the grades and involvement), but are duds in person (don't smile, don't talk, etc.). So with all that said, best wishes!

Hootie
Old 04-16-2002, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Cleveland area (home) University of Dayton (school)
Send a message via AIM to ksuchio
hi hun...its wonderful to hear that you want to be part of such a wonderful chapter...chio looks for everything in girls..from diversity to scholarship..just remember "to be discourged NEVER"

xo love & mine,
amanda
Old 04-16-2002, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Amanda-
Welcome to the board!!
I have met lots of awesome Chi-Os through GC and we love to get to know each other, so please tell us about yourself!!
Chi O Love and Mine-
XoAlum
Old 04-16-2002, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xo_sue
Hi Amanda!!!

We are so glad you found this forum!!! Let us know a little about you and your chapter! You seem like a really great Chi O!!!

LICO!
Sue
Old 04-16-2002, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Cleveland area (home) University of Dayton (school)
Send a message via AIM to ksuchio
To All the Love Ladies of XO,
well to know something about me...last year i attended kent state university where i was a sister of the lambda delta chapter (the most wonderful chapter of ladies i've ever met) now i'm attending the university of dayton where i'm currently re-affiliating as chi-o of the mu lambda chapter..i'm currently a soph. and an RA other than that i'm just a girl whos loves the choice she made in being a chio:-D

xo love and mine,
amanda parker
Old 04-26-2002, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

UC

I'm a XO at the University of Cincinnati. If you are interested, please go to our website www.uc.edu/greek/chiomega for more information. There is a process called OCB as refered to earlier. I'm not exact on how everything works, but it's better to try than to not. Additionally, feel free to call the chapter at 513-281-2882.

Last edited by XOcrlstln; 04-26-2002 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-28-2002, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to our community XOcristin! I hope you'll enjoy posting things with us on here, as well as on Hooties (MSN).
Welcome again!
Hootie
Chi Omega Forum Co-Moderator