GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,019
0 members and 1,019 guests
No Members online

Old 07-22-2003, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DaisyKLP
My sorority has been in the process of sending out letters to different schools now seeing if we can start chapters on other campuses. A couple of days ago I got a call from Adelphi University where we sent a letter to, saying that they only allow GLO's with a national charter to have chapters on campus. I just wish that more schools would recognize that almost all nationals were once local at some point.
DaisyKLP, that's exactly what happened to me a few years ago in Arkansas. The only difference was that I went in person to the the office of Greek Affairs. Nevertheless, it is not fair if the response is to your face or by phone. I sympathize with what your sorority is going through. I can't stress enough that all Nationals were once locals. Good luck in your quest and don't let them get you down!

The Trolls have taken over the Asylum!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-22-2003, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
Where in Arkansas did you go to school? I live in Arkansas/go to school here. Just curious!
Old 07-22-2003, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
My university had a no-local policy...a sorority or fraternity had to be national, or it wasn't allowed. I always thought it would be kind of interesting to have locals as well, but now I realize that a local probably wouldn't have survived there. Maybe, but I doubt it...
Old 07-22-2003, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to essenceofomega
All I can say is YOU ARE NOT ALONE. At the end of last semester I called up a few schools around here and was told that they didnt except locals. My school luckily does so we didnt have a problem. But my issue is this, if an organization wants to become national(not affiliating but expanding on its own) how can they do that if the schools wont expect them?
Old 07-22-2003, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by essenceofomega
But my issue is this, if an organization wants to become national(not affiliating but expanding on its own) how can they do that if the schools wont expect them?
That is exactly the problem that we're having with most schools. Grr, so frustrating!
Old 07-28-2003, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by essenceofomega
All I can say is YOU ARE NOT ALONE. At the end of last semester I called up a few schools around here and was told that they didnt except locals. My school luckily does so we didnt have a problem. But my issue is this, if an organization wants to become national(not affiliating but expanding on its own) how can they do that if the schools wont expect them?
My sentiments exactly!

The Trolls have taken over the Asylum!
Old 07-28-2003, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Nu Sigma Chi
Question Alumnae Associations

I'm looking for information on other organizations Alumnae Associations and how you are able to keep your Alumnae charged to stay involved. I'm a member of our latest attempt at expanding our Alumnae Association that began last July, however, we are now seeing a decline in interest to remain hands on. Help! [FONT=arial]
Old 04-26-2011, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logistix3_7 View Post
That happened at our founding university and we had to go on with the organization as a city wide organization and then five years later they wanted us on campus, but we declined. So we continued on elsewhere. Check us out.

http://www.xilambdachi.webs.com
Welcome, to GC, but just so you know, you're responding to a post that is almost 8 years old.