GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,334
2 members and 1,332 guests
indygphib

Old 04-09-2004, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to kateshort Send a message via AIM to kateshort Send a message via Yahoo to kateshort
Unhappy Eta Psi closing

Dear sisters of Alpha Delta Pi:

It is with a heavy heart that I announce the closing of the Eta Psi chapter at Valparaiso University.

The chapter had a lot of ups and downs during its five and a half years, but at all times I was proud of those women who dedicated themselves to their chapter and to our national organization.

Nationals picked up the charter on Tuesday, April 6th. The alumnae on our email group were notified early Wednesday morning, the campus greek community was told on Wednesday afternoon, and the closing ceremony with Mrs. Goddard will take place on Saturday, May 15th. (I do not yet have a time for the ceremony).

I have heard that the sisters are still participating in Songfest (which has had non-greek orgs participate in the past) and hope to go out with a bang!

I would like to thank the ladies of GreekChat for all of their support over the past few years; you guys have had great COR suggestions and have cheered every alpha that walked through our doors.

The current (8?) alphas will apparently have the choice of being initiated and becoming alumnae, or will be able to cancel their ADPi alpha memberships and be eligible to join the remaining six sororities on Valparaiso's campus (Delta Delta Delta, Gamma Phi Beta, Kappa Delta, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Pi Beta Phi, and Chi Omega). I do not know how many will choose to be initiated, but I wish all of them the best of luck in their future lives, whether with ADPi, another NPC org on campus, or as unaffiliated women.

Please keep the sisters in your prayers as they finish out these last few months of school until May 15th.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-09-2004, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Kate,

You are an inspiration to your chapter and remember, that no matter the university, we are all sisters of Alpha Delta Pi.

Pi Love And Mine
Old 04-09-2004, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

To Kate, Jen (polarpi) and the rest of the eta psi sisters, always remember your collegiate adpi experience with a smile. I know I speak for all the sisters here when I say your struggle has made us all very proud to have you all as sisters.

love and loyally
~hb

p.s. I've never heard of a closing ceremony. Can anyone explain that to me in a PM?
Old 04-09-2004, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

I can only say that the Eta Psi's whom I've had the pleasure of "knowing" through GreekChat are each and every one class acts. My sincere sympathy for your chapter's closing - there is not the words which correct express the sorrow that Alpha Delta Pi as a whole feels with this news.

Good luck to the remaining Deltas of Eta Psi, and to the Alphas, I wish you the best of luck in your decisions.

I don't know about a closing ceremony, but I can imagine it's terribly sad...
Old 04-10-2004, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
I thank ALL of you for your kind words and your wisdom. It was a hard blow for us to take, especially the alumnae in the area who have been so strong and determined to help the chapter increase their numbers by becoming mentors to the collegiate members, showing up to support them in their recruitment efforts, and basically providing uplifting messages to each of the chapter's sisters. Nobody wants to see a chapter close, especially *their* chapter, and we are always hurt by the fact that the chapter we were initiated into no longer exists as we once saw it.

Kate, I'm curious...the first word we heard was that the closing ceremony was happening on the 17th of this month...has Nationals changed the date for the closing, or was the first date erroneous?

I love you all and am so glad that I have you all as my sisters!

L&L,
Jennie
Old 04-10-2004, 10:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to kateshort Send a message via AIM to kateshort Send a message via Yahoo to kateshort
Quote:
Originally posted by polarpi
Kate, I'm curious...the first word we heard was that the closing ceremony was happening on the 17th of this month...has Nationals changed the date for the closing, or was the first date erroneous?
It was moved to May 15th after JJH (Greek Advisor) talked to nationals on our behalf... so the girls can kind of finish out the school year. It's the Saturday after finals, the day before graduation. So I don't know how many non-graduating sisters will be able to stick around if they don't live close, but I definitely plan on being there.

I'm also going to get to Valpo for Songfest-- they still plan on performing this year, though they may have more of a "goodbye" theme than their previous theme was going to be.

It'll really be weird not going down to the chapter on Homecoming (I'll go to the PMA house with my husband) or worrying and cheering during recruitment weeks in January and September, or going down to see Songfest...
Old 04-10-2004, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kateshort
It was moved to May 15th after JJH (Greek Advisor) talked to nationals on our behalf... so the girls can kind of finish out the school year. It's the Saturday after finals, the day before graduation. So I don't know how many non-graduating sisters will be able to stick around if they don't live close, but I definitely plan on being there.

I'm also going to get to Valpo for Songfest-- they still plan on performing this year, though they may have more of a "goodbye" theme than their previous theme was going to be.

It'll really be weird not going down to the chapter on Homecoming (I'll go to the PMA house with my husband) or worrying and cheering during recruitment weeks in January and September, or going down to see Songfest...
I'm glad to hear Eta Psi is being given the opportunity to close out the year. I have a feeling that non-graduating seniors will find a way to stick around for the closing ceremony....there's a number of sisters who live in the area who may be able to host the non-local sisters stay, but I have no idea.

I wish I could be there for Songfest....such fond memories, and I hope the rest of the Greek community sees how loving our chapter was to the very end. If anyone happens to tape their performance, would there be anyway I can get a copy (if you know of anyone who's going to record it)?

I understand what you mean about going back for Homecoming. I didn't see myself attending Homecoming unless it was one of my *reunion* years, but I was looking forward to going back and seeing the chapter still going when I was there, and knowing the love and the work that went into establishing our chapter there. Recruitment is going to be especially tough, but that's why I'm glad we have Greekchat to share in recruitment stories from our other chapters!
Old 04-10-2004, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to skerbow Send a message via MSN to skerbow Send a message via Yahoo to skerbow
Quote:
Originally posted by polarpi
....there's a number of sisters who live in the area who may be able to host the non-local sisters stay, but I have no idea.

Non-Local sisters stay?? I'm lost.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Valpo has a number of women who are not *from* the Chicagoland area (I was one of those), so normally after finals are finished, you move out of the dorms. Graduation takes place five days after everyone's out of the dorms, so only those who are graduating or have some sort of role in graduation (band, etc) stay for graduation. For the non-graduating seniors of Eta Psi who are not from nearby, they may want to try and stay in the area to participate in the closing ceremony, so perhaps sisters who DO live in the area would be willing to host them for a couple of days.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so sorry to hear about Eta Psi's closing Like honey mentioned, the sisters that I have met from Eta Psi through GC are truly awesome and a great representation of the chapter.

Best wishes to all the Alphas, Deltas and alums from Eta Psi. I hope the bonds of sisterhood remain strong for you ladies
Old 04-12-2004, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FirstAndFinest
I'm so sorry to hear this sad, sad news.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:19 AM
GreekChat Member

this is so sad

i'm so sorry to hear this news... my thoughts are with the sisters, and all their hard work over the past five years.

~*~