GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 989
3 members and 986 guests
indygphib, PGD-GRAD

Old 06-18-2018, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Questions about letters for recruitment

Hello! I am going to be a Freshman in the fall at Arkansas, and am trying to get letters for sorority recruitment. I don't have connections to any Greek Alumni (my mom was not in a sorority in college)... how do I find them to get letters of recommendation? Thanks!
Old 06-18-2018, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

There are many threads on this on Greekchat. Please search for them! And most say that the best recs come from people who know you, like your high school teachers.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
There are many threads on this on Greekchat. Please search for them! And most say that the best recs come from people who know you, like your high school teachers.
Thank you!
Old 06-18-2018, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Other places to look:

1) Check to see if you know anyone at your church / temple / etc. or your parents' community groups.
2) Teachers, as noted above
3) Ask everyone you know - your parents' friends, your teachers, your friends and their parents - it's really a game of "who knows who".

Start here and you'll be surprised at who knows who and who might be able to write you a rec. They are important at schools like Arkansas so you need to get going and get them in soon.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Many cities have what is known as Alumnae Panhellenic Associations. These groups will assist you with getting recs from alums in your area. I would google "______ Alumnae Panhellenic" to see if there is a group in your area.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Post on Facebook that you are looking for recommendations and list the sororities. The 6° of separation will help you find some recs. Someone will read your post and say “Oh, I have a relative who is in one of the sororities. I’ll ask her.”
Have your parents ask their friends/relatives/co-workers.
Please note, sorority alumnae LOVE ❤️ getting asked to write recommendations. It’s an opportunity to provide a shining light on an outstanding individual.
Also create a recruitment resume. Google the Houston alumnae Panhellenic association and you will find a good sample. Don’t be shy about your awards/academics/achievements/organizations/volunteering. This is something you can send to sorority alumnae who are writing recommendations for you.
Since this is a big school and an SEC school I would get your recommendations in by July 31 or earlier. It’s like getting in your job resume early so it’s on their mind.
Good luck! Please come back after recruitment is over and let us know how your recruitment went.

Last edited by ChioLu; 06-19-2018 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Also, Greek women know other Greek women. Once you find someone,ask if they know anyone in the other groups you need.Out of the 26 NPC groups, I know someone in 20 of them.