GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,403
1 members and 2,402 guests
ForeverAOII

Old 10-17-2006, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to GC! You fit right in with the people who love recruitment and stories. There's even an addicts thread for the dry spells.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-17-2006, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECMom View Post
The good news is that Baby Bird had a wonderful rush at Ole Miss and while she was a DDD legacy through her sister and a KD legacy through me, she did what was best for her and is now a very excited member of Chi Omega! ....:-)
Panhellenic families are fun too! Welcome, Baby Bird, to Chi Omega!
Old 10-17-2006, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBrnHair View Post
Panhellenic families are fun too! Welcome, Baby Bird, to Chi Omega!
And we ARE Panhellenic! DDD and XO daughters, KD, AOPi, and Phi Mu nieces, plus one "step" niece who went Phi Mu at Ole Miss on Sunday. I am looking forward to a granddaughter or two who will automatically be a legacy to 2 great groups!
Old 10-17-2006, 01:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
congrats! I added them to THE THREAD

Quote:
And we ARE Panhellenic! DDD and XO daughters, KD, AOPi, and Phi Mu nieces, plus one "step" niece who went Phi Mu at Ole Miss on Sunday. I am looking forward to a granddaughter or two who will automatically be a legacy to 2 great groups!
Old 10-17-2006, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Just wanted to let you I was still around - in fact I never left. As part of the GC group, I always peek in every other day or so. I continue to learn the unique ways of DZ at the University of Alabama. What a great bunch they have there! I met several DZs at their beautiful sorority house while attending a Bama football game - I thought I had died and gone to heaven there were so many lovely angels surrounding me.....

In any event, know that BamaDad DZ is still hovering and posting a thought here and there.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDad DZ View Post
Just wanted to let you I was still around - in fact I never left. As part of the GC group, I always peek in every other day or so. I continue to learn the unique ways of DZ at the University of Alabama. What a great bunch they have there! I met several DZs at their beautiful sorority house while attending a Bama football game - I thought I had died and gone to heaven there were so many lovely angels surrounding me.....

In any event, know that BamaDad DZ is still hovering and posting a thought here and there.
Well, BamaDad, you will have to know that I went through Kristen's rush with you and nearly broke my neck to get to my computer on Bid Day! Baby Bird had her little beak in Bama's rush way more than she should have because she has a ton of friends there, on both sides! I was really impressed that a Dad was so supportive! I hope Kristen is having a ball! Just beware: Tuscaloosa time and the rest of the world are not the same...My BamaGrad daughter still laughs about people who live on "Tuscaloosa Time" as opposed to old working women who have to live on "Real Time!"
Old 10-17-2006, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter is a Phi Mu at Ole Miss as of Sunday!! Oh so exciting for us!!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I wish you all could see the grief I get from my Democratic lawyer friends in downtown Washington, DC (I'm the token Republican).

Why? Because they continually cut schools in the South as inferior, the culture languishing one hundred years in the past, sororities as elitist exclusionary organizations.

I really appreciate coming to this site where people believe in the privacy of association, tradition, and the virtues of Southern education and culture. Excuse me for venting but I heard another load of the stuff today. They are really nice folks but they stereotype horribly and their political bias rarely allows them to think outside the politically correct box.

My daughter loves DZ, the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, and the people of the State of Alabama. I support my daughter and al the above 100%.

SEC Mom, and olemissmom2006, congratulations on a successful recruitment for your darling daughters. My DZ daughter's little sis (Kelly) is considering FSU and Ole Miss in two years - watch out for recommendation requests from the BamaDad DZ family.

And I apologize for venting once more, but I just get tired of the politically correct tidal wave washing over the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Can't these kids just have a little fun with their sorority sisters?
Old 10-17-2006, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to your Phi Mu daughter!!! She's going to have a great time. Let the fun begin!
Old 10-18-2006, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

BamaDad Dz....I pm'd you
Old 10-18-2006, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I wish you all could see the grief I get from my Democratic lawyer friends in downtown Washington, DC (I'm the token Republican).
I loved living in DC, but I always lived in fear of getting jumped on my way to a Young Republicans meeting for those very reasons.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Not all democratic lawyers feel this way! Or perhaps I am the token...
Old 10-18-2006, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Heck, not all democrats feel that way.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

congratulations to the new members at ole miss and welcome to our newest gc members!!

a childhood friend of my daughter's pledged delta gamma at ole miss.

and bamadaddz, you can vent here anytime, actually, there is a thread in chitchat just for that. a cheap form of therapy, but oh, so effective!!

Last edited by FSUZeta; 10-19-2006 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
.My BamaGrad daughter still laughs about people who live on "Tuscaloosa Time" as opposed to old working women who have to live on "Real Time!"
Now you'll have to get used to "Chi Omega" time. It's probably like "Alpha Gam" time...which is 15 minutes later than the real time.....

And once on Trading Spaces, they were doing a DG house with a clock with DG" time...yep...15 minutes later