GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,486
0 members and 2,486 guests
No Members online

Old 08-15-2003, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
I am rush addicted! No power and one of my thoughts were "no rush threads!' First thing that I checked when getting back on was GC

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-15-2003, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

My name is Crystal and I am a rush thread addict.

I have read Corrina's thread six times.

I have teared up at several, including texas*princess's, chloe173's, and TaraHopeful's rush threads. I was heartbroken when a few girls didn't get a bid.

My rush thread is more than 6 pages long. Rush started today. 'Nuff said.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi, my name is Kelly and well.... I am a recruitment thread addict.

Everytime I check the Rush forum, I have to click through every one of the threads just to make sure I didn't miss an update. There are so many that rotate through the listing that I'm worried I'll somehow miss someone's thread. I figure I can check the "Who's Rushing in the Fall?" thread to make sure I get all of the people who are in green. But then I worry that I'll click on the thread only to see someone's named listed in their new sorority colors before I had a chance to read the thread.

For the first three weeks of September, I will be on a trip through Europe. Of course, I'm concerned that I will miss most of the September recruitment action. I've been wondering if there's a way I can check GC from an internet cafe in Poland without having to spend a lot of Zloty (ie $$$) to use the computers.

.....Kelly
Old 08-15-2003, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Hi, my name is Susan and I am a rush thread addict.

I am MISTRESS of the Who's rushing in the fall??? thread, and proud of it!! I diligently search through the rush forum at least once a day, reading every thread to see if any new PNMs have revealed themselves in the depths of an obscure thread. I track down rush schedules. Every evening I get to the point where I can't wait any longer and I have the highlight the names of the PNMs for the next day in green! I probably edit that thread 6 times a day. I subscribe to EVERY rush thread that's starting in the next week or so.

In short, I think I am probably one of the most hopelessly addicted rush thread addicts, ever!
Old 08-15-2003, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
Hi, my name is Andrea, (Hi, Andrea!) and I'm more than just a rush-thread-aholic, I'm a recruitment-aholic.

It started out innocently enough. My first formal recruitment was fun, and COBs kept me sustained through the off-season. I became my chapter's recruitment chair and ran my office from Italy for a semester. I really felt a letdown when I had to turn it over, but I contented myself with chairing a party committee instead.

Then last year I was browsing through old threads and came across JAM's daughter's thread. I got to live vicariously through her daughter, and the thrill came back again. The suspense, the not knowing, the waiting, the nail-biting... I read every rush thread on GC.

I was supposed to go help the local Kappa chapter with their recruitment last year, but they called back and said that they didn't need me. The letdown was terrible. I actually cried.

And then CurlyGirly rushed. There was a Kappa chapter there, and it was in the running. I went to visit my big sis the weekend of her bid day and was distracted all weekend. When my Big asked what was the matter, I said, "I'm wondering whether CurlyGirly went Kappa." She said, "KKC, you need help." I shrugged it off.

I shrieked in the middle of work when I read on my computer screen that CurlyGirly had indeed gone Kappa.

I cried when SherbertLemons got CurlyGirly as her big sister.

I cried when BlazerCheer dropped out of rush the first time around and again (happy tears) when Ballerina went ChiO, and this year I searched the internet for VSU bid day pictures, even though I didn't know what either Carnation Twin looked like.

I called ImsohappythatIama up and had her sing rush songs to me.

I obsessively check all recruitment threads several times each hour.

I even want to go do work week with my local Kappa chapter.

I don't know what I'm going to do when I graduate.

*shakes*

I need help. Is there a 12-step program for this?
Old 08-15-2003, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

you're sooo SWEET!!!

WOW!!! I can't even BELIEVE that my name is posted on this thread... in reference to my thread last year! I can't believe it's been so long!

Anyway... I'm so flattered that you were wondering whether or not I went Kappa!--- and that you even admitted it to one of your sisters. I think it's sooo cute that you were thinking about me and Kappa.... even though I had a 1/15 "chance" of going there! haha

Recruitment/Spirit Week time is here and I'm kinda upset. I'm already in Gainesville (UF), but I'm not participating in recruitment. I'm an RA this semester, and Panhellenic rules state that I can't be at the house until Bid Day because it's a conflict of interest. I have access to a bunch of female freshmen on my floor... and I can't let them know I'm in Kappa until Bid Day. <sigh> So saaad.

I'm reading all the recruitment emails through the listserv, and feeling SOOOO left out. I guess it'll just make Bid Day THAT much sweeter... I'm really looking forward to finally seeing my sisters!!!

KappaKittyCat... thanks for thinking of me!! And trust me, I'm really looking forward to reading rush threads (especially UF threads) this year!!!!
Old 08-15-2003, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I may also be a recruitment-thread-aholic...and a rushaholic in general. I'm in the AXiD house right now, ending up work week, and yet I'm still on here checking the rush threads and seeing what's going on.
I'm such a rushaholic that I'm here helping my chapter rush this year, even though I'm studying abroad in the fall and technically don't have to be here at all. But how could I resist?!?!
I'm so cheery for rush, I'm the Spirit Committee co-chair for Work Week. I've been having a blast and there are only 2 more days until rush starts!!!
Old 08-15-2003, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
CurlyGirly, congrats on making RA! It's unfortunate that Panhellenic won't let you participate in rush, but you'll have a sweet time running to your chapter with your Rho Gammas (or Gamma Chis, or Sigma Rho Chis, or Pi Chis, or whatever the heck y'all call them) and your new members. Have a ball!

It's good to see you back on GC.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

My name is Martha, and I am also a GC/Rush Thread addict. I can relate to all of your posts. I also was very excited for CurlyGirly and Sherbert Lemons. I read rush threads like they are going out of style. Greek Life is so cool - how do others live without it? Kappa and being Greek has been so wonderful that I want to share with the whole world!! It's great to see other young women on that same voyage.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

you know you are addicted when you celebrate the school's blocking device failing so you can get greek chat. i admit it. on blazer cheer's big day, i went looking and i found her.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I am new to GreekChat this year. And I am seriously becoming a Rush Thread Addict. I am going on vacation starting tomorrow. And all I can think about is that this the absolute worst week to be away from my daily dose of GC.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

Hi, my name is Honey, and I'm addicted to Rush Threads.

I stumbled on them last year in mid-September, and have been salivating at the thought of this fall's rush. I have talked pnms into registering with GreekChat. I have considered posting posters for GreekChat on supermarket bulletin boards. I have promoted GreekChat on other internet message boards.

I need a sweet tea and a hanky....
Old 08-16-2003, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

My pal AXOALUM turned me on to GC a little over a year ago, and I was hooked from the first post I read on the RUSH forum. I am a rush-aholic, and a recruitment thread-aholic.

I was all things recruitment when I was active, and then became a recruitment advisor for several years. I am no longer an advisor, but still call and harass the new recruitment and chapter advisors because I must know what is happening regarding recruitment. I can't stop because I am such an addict. I think they still love me and understand that it is a strange need. They feed my addiction.

I am so addicted, I am going to help my graduate school out in January in a panhellenic capacity since they don't have my chapter on campus.

I love bid matching by hand and seeing girls find their homes. I love to read these threads and see women find a place in all of our wonderful organizations. I love to see the Greek system grow everyday, new women in a long long line of sorority women. Our greek legacy continues and I am addicted to it.

My dh works in an office in our basement, which is where the computers are located. I cuss him all day for being down there, and the minute he leaves, I run down to check the rush forum.

I can't wait for my daughters to (hopefully) go through rush and join a sorority.

I stay up all night to get rush thread updates. Please don't leave me (all of us) hanging, and wondering what happened - feed our frenzy!

I am hopeless. I am an addict. Please continue to give me my fixes!
Old 08-16-2003, 12:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
I'm an addict
Old 08-16-2003, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, thank goodness for this thread!

Hi - I'm TriSigma4Life, and *deep breath* I am a Rush Thread Addict.

I transferred back home to our community college this year, and am seriously missing my Sigma sisters like crazy. This would have been my first year on the other side of recruitment, and am really disappointed that I won't be able to see that side. Hopefully I'll be transfering again after this year, and am looking at another school that has a Sigma chapter. I've talked to a few girls from that chapter and they seem like great girls, so hopefully one of these days I'll actually be able to be on the recruiting side.

At least I can hear all of the stories from the PNMs on this site, and that feeds my addiction.

Oh yeah, I too obsessively check this forum several times a day to see what's been updated. During BlazerCheer's rush, I'm surprised my refresh button just didn't stop working on me!