GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,513
0 members and 1,513 guests
No Members online

Old 08-11-2013, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I have just sent an email expressing interest in joining my city's Panhellenic Alumnae group. It would be really great to remain involved in the community in some way/shape/form since there is not an AOII group in my part of the state.

BTW aephi_alum, I just noticed your siggy. I was introduced to Firefly about a month ago and I LOVED it! Such a great show, it's a shame it got cancelled.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-12-2013, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txAOII_15 View Post
BTW aephi_alum, I just noticed your siggy. I was introduced to Firefly about a month ago and I LOVED it! Such a great show, it's a shame it got cancelled.
Indeed. I was very confused when the show initially aired, because it was shown completely out of order ... but once I saw it in the correct order, I was hooked. Damn glad to be a Browncoat!
Old 08-12-2013, 06:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Somone by the name of "roza kurdo" wants to befriend me or something. Now it says "1" next to notifications. How do I get rid of that?
Old 08-12-2013, 06:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Well, I'm not going to tell you how much I sell my products for, but I will tell you that I make a 60% return on a normal day. So, depending on how you decide to do it will determine what your return will be and how well you do financially. I just used $1.00/product as an example so you could see the math easier. You really could sell for significantly more than that, and people will still pay.

Nah, I don't sell snacks/food. I just sell pop, juices, vitamin water, and water. I don't sell snacks/food, because it's much more difficult to keep up with expiration dates.

If you decide to do it, you can PM me with any questions any time, and I'll be more than happy to help you.
You probably either sell your drinks at $1.25 or $1.50. Although that's high, it still seems reasonable. If you're selling at any one of those prices, and you get roughly 60% in profit, you're doing well. Very well. If I even made half of that, I'd quit my job. Right now I just want to start small to see what happens. I'm going to take you up on any info you can share, because I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post
Definitely! Most of my dreams are just random but several have a lot of meaning. I just had one about a month ago that turned out to be HEAVILY based on some things that were happening in my life when, on the surface, you would have thought it was just another silly dream.
Yeah, mine too. I've had dreams and then experienced deja vu based on previous dreams. Crazy weird, but it has happened sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post
Ha! You were really holding out hope that it wasn't as bad as it seemed, weren't you?
At that age, I have to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
AT&T is evil.

Ever since U-Verse was installed in our neighborhood, we've been getting weekly mailings from them urging us to switch our service. When U-Verse was initially installed, a door-to-door salesman went around the neighborhood trying to sell people on the service. No thanks, we're perfectly content with our cable provider, plus our cable provider gives us faster internet than U-Verse can supply.

Yesterday, my husband and I had another couple over at our house for the afternoon. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. I got up to answer the door, and my husband jokingly said, "Don't let them sell you U-Verse!"

So I opened the door, and who was there?

"Hi, we're from AT&T, and we're going around the neighborhood asking folks about their TV service. We thought you might be interested in U-Verse..."

I politely but firmly told them that we were quite happy with our current provider. It took me a good ten minutes to get rid of them (because I decided not to be a bitch) but they eventually got the message and went away.

I closed the door, and the first words out of my mouth were "OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD." I went back to my husband and our guests only to find they were laughing their asses off.

My God. These U-Verse guys are worse than Jehovah's Witnesses.
I hate solicitors. We have a no solicitation sign on our neighborhood so when they are coming around I politely tell them. "This is a non-solicitation neighborhood. It's posted on the gate outside. I'll give you a few minutes to get out of here, if you don't or if I see you again, I'll notify the police." :-D In Florida, if you have a non-solicitation sign you can do that.

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Indeed. I was very confused when the show initially aired, because it was shown completely out of order ... but once I saw it in the correct order, I was hooked. Damn glad to be a Browncoat!
Browncoats unite!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands

At that age, I have to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Good luck with that.

I still hate cats. Yep.

Last edited by DrPhil; 08-12-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
AT&T is evil.
That sucks, but I'm not gonna lie, U-Verse is awesome. I so desperately wish that we had it out here instead of Comcast, our only option. (Can't get satellite cause of the direction of our apt).
Old 08-12-2013, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Still waiting to hear back from the company that I had the second interview with Thursday. Previously, they interviewed me Thursday, then emailed me Tuesday to ask for a second interview, so I'm still holding onto hope!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Still waiting to hear back from the company that I had the second interview with Thursday. Previously, they interviewed me Thursday, then emailed me Tuesday to ask for a second interview, so I'm still holding onto hope!
*fingers crossed*

The waiting period can be horrible. Are you doing things to occupy your time so you don't nonstop think about this?
Old 08-12-2013, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
*fingers crossed*

The waiting period can be horrible. Are you doing things to occupy your time so you don't nonstop think about this?
Thank you!

I am *terrible* at waiting. I had a busy, busy weekend (and knew I probably wouldn't hear from them over the weekend), but now that I'm back at my desk and any minute could bring THE news...antsy doesn't begin to describe!
Old 08-12-2013, 02:40 PM

I'm not sure how I feel about my 70 year old father having a Facebook account now, though I feel less anxious about it than my mother having one (God rest her soul).

I hate Time-Warner Cable Internet service with a P-A-S-S-I-O-N!!!! The dial-up service I had before I got married was more reliable than this!! AND they cancelled the Smithsonian Channel for this viewing area
Old 08-12-2013, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaPrincess24 View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about my 70 year old father having a Facebook account now, though I feel less anxious about it than my mother having one (God rest her soul).
Oh, crap....I forgot to share this story from two weekends ago! I'm sitting by the pool on vacation...sunglasses, cute but modest swimsuit, and a gin & tonic (but it's not close to me). My mom snaps a pic, posts it on Facebook and tags me (still nothing wrong, you can't see the gin & tonic) but then she adds the caption "My daughter Jessica getting drunk by the pool" WITH HER PRIVACY SETTINGS SET TO PUBLIC!!!! I just had a job interview. I have almost nothing on my profile set to public. I have to explain to my mom that the only thing people will see when they visit my page is a pic of me "getting drunk".
Old 08-12-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Oh, crap....I forgot to share this story from two weekends ago! I'm sitting by the pool on vacation...sunglasses, cute but modest swimsuit, and a gin & tonic (but it's not close to me). My mom snaps a pic, posts it on Facebook and tags me (still nothing wrong, you can't see the gin & tonic) but then she adds the caption "My daughter Jessica getting drunk by the pool" WITH HER PRIVACY SETTINGS SET TO PUBLIC!!!! I just had a job interview. I have almost nothing on my profile set to public. I have to explain to my mom that the only thing people will see when they visit my page is a pic of me "getting drunk".
LOL! Well I don't worry about my dad doing that.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

The rule among my family members is never tag anyone. People are welcome to tag themselves. The only time I tag someone now is to direct them to a picture or thread.