GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,459
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, aolviatopz5295
» Online Users: 1,667
1 members and 1,666 guests
LaneSig

Old 11-28-2005, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KXOisMe
Talking our members

We have 27 that are currently enrolled. 2 of them are inactive. We have 11 alumni I believe, so that puts us at 38 all together.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-28-2005, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: our members

Quote:
Originally posted by KXOisMe
We have 27 that are currently enrolled. 2 of them are inactive. We have 11 alumni I believe, so that puts us at 38 all together.
Sounds like you are doing really well.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

ksc

we just put through a pledge class of 6 go through this fall... we have 16 active which is the most since i have finished.

when i pledged in fall 04 and there were 4 of us we only had 8 actives... we were all first semester freshmen..

since we are disaffiliated from our school for 10 years, we can take first semester freshmen but we didnt start that until fall 2001.

being dissafiliated is hard tho because we cant hold rushes on campus or post our letters on campus.. so all of our recuitment is from us sisters talking us up to any one and everyone and allllll by word of mouth.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

exactly... so here is the story...

ten yrs ago my sorority got in trouble for not serving an alternative beverage at a rush. (our rushes are very informal and are basically just parties with just our sorority, a frat and alll of our rushees.) so when we got in trouble, the punishment was to not have a pledge class for 2 yrs which would leave us with 4 sisters and we would have died completely. so instead of taking the punishment, in order to save our sorority, we had to disaffiliate ourselves from our school.
which means we have no ties with the school. we are still allowed to attend greek senate but we have no vote and also we can go to all of the greek events on campus but our letters wont be printed on anything the school puts out about greeks and we cant post on campus.
when we decided to disaffiliate with the school, in our support the rest of the greeks help a parade in our honor.

we were disaffiliated before i joined. we were at once the largest sorority on my campus and we got small but are getting bigger, we just finished 6 girls.
there are 3 disaffiliated organizations at my campus, one is trying to reaffiliate with the school because they have only been disaffiliated for 3 yrs.

as you can see our campus makes it really hard for greeks to stay affiliated and the fact that we are local and still going strong for 10 yrs is pretty awesome.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

its not as bad as it some would think. we still have all the elements we had prior to our dissaffililation. now basically we do it on our own.

at our campus we had a phi kappa theta but they disaffiliated (i dont know what happened) and are now phi kappa omega.

we are still recognized by all of our greek peers.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

At the end of last fall we had 50, graduated 14, so 36 now.. and we only do spring rush, so hopefully more soon!
Old 03-01-2006, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to npott044
how big is your chapter

Phi Omega of UW-Stevens Point currently has 19 actives, 1 inactive sister, 3 "active" alumni, and for this spring semester we have 5 rushed!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm an alum of a local GLO at UGA. After Rush this spring semester, the chapter has about 32 active members.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

mmmm yea...KSC is a bitch when it comes to greek life! This semester they want to get rid of it all. But we're going to fight for it. We were 23 members, and just got a new PC of 5, which brings us up to 28 active members!

We got lucky because my PC were 14 pledges, which was the biggest they ever had, so hopefully our numbers will keep growing. We're the Co-ed Fraternity/Sorority on campus so it draws in a good group.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Aduladi
This spring we had three pledge classes which brings the Omicron Lambda Pi count to a total of 30 women initiated since we were founded in 2003!
"Dare to be Different"
http://www.omicronlambdapi.com
Old 08-04-2006, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

The Alpha Chapter of Theta Delta Sigma Multicultural Society, Inc. has inducted 47 Siblings since our founding in 2001.