GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,113
0 members and 1,113 guests
No Members online

Old 10-15-2003, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Chico State
Eta Rho
Alumnae

I rushed because I wanted to meet people, coming from such a small town I wasn't used to be somewhere and not knowing anyone. This soon changed after I joined ADPI. I met so many people and made close friends with many of my sisters. From that point on, I felt liked I finally belonged at Chico State.

I have too many memories to just choose one. But all I know is that I will never ever forget them!
Old 10-16-2003, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: St. Louis in the summer, Springfield in the school year!
1. Southwest Missouri State University

2. Gamma Mu chapter, Springfield, Missouri

3. Collegiate, sophomore

4. Current Philanthropy chair

5. Why would anyone want to be in anything but the BEST?!?!

6. Being on the flipside of recruitment and experiencing Pref Tea Day as a member...I bawled!
Old 10-18-2003, 06:24 PM
ADPiZXalum

1. Baylor University, Waco, Texas

2. Zeta Chi

3. Alumnae

4. Homecoming chair, Director of Standards and Ethics, Recruitment Vice President, spirit chair, Tshirt chair, recruitment, standards, social committee.

5. I never made it back to Waco for formal recruitment in January 2000 although I had gone through the first round in November. I was convinced I was going to be a Chi Omega and I hardly even paid attention at the ADPi party. When I got back to school my roomate had in fact gone Chi O and I stayed out of the dorm as much as possible because there was red and yellow EVERYWHERE in our room and it made me sad. One day she came to me and said that ADPi was holding open recruitment activities and I should go check it out with her. At the time, and to this day, our chapter is quite small and frequently open recruits. They had sought Panhellenic help and girls from other sorority pledge classes were bringing their non afiliated friends. So I went and fell in love with it. I have never looked back.

6. In late February of 2003, the Stacy Riddel Forum was finally opened. We do not have greek houses at Baylor but a Panhellenic building was built for each of the 9 sororities, with equal sized suites with kitchen, bathroom, 2 storage closets, and a caterer's entrance. Since our chapter is the smallest, it was a financial burden, but it was to everyone else too, so it was ok. Well, we did the minimal upgrades that everyone else did and then put the rest of our money into furniture and cool stuff to fix the room up with. January had been a rough month since we had just come away from another disappointing formal recruitment so we were all pretty tired and discouraged. (I bet you're wondering how this becomes my favorite memory) Well, Panhellenic held a dedication of the building and an open house for alum, parents, and collegiates to attend. Our room was (and still is of course) by far the absolute best. We have been plagued for years by rumors that our chapter was going under (byother sororities, one in particular that I wont' name. PM me if you want to know the real identity) So to see them walk out of our room shaking their heads with their jaw dropped, and to hear them talk until the day I graduated about how our suite was the best, made me the proudest I've ever been to be an ADPi. Many people couldn't believe that we had "come up with" something that good. they said, they must have some awesome alum and I was like heck yea we do. So anyway, that was pretty poopin awesome to be on top of something you know? I LOVE ADPI!!!!
Old 10-19-2003, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lyssard Send a message via Yahoo to lyssard
1. Allegheny College

2. Eta Beta

3. Collegian

4. I am only a sophmore (i pledged last spring) i haven't that many chances to hold a position... At the moment i am Sigma Rho Chi... hoping to help other young women see what greek life is all about... but I will be our Chapter's EVP starting this spring...

5. I was a pick up recruitment pledge (COB girl)... late bloomer, i say!! I just wanted to get to know some people and stop just sitting in my room, all the time, alone. (I was extremely shy first semester!!) These girls just instantly took me under their wing and made me part of the ADPi family! I am so proud to be able to say that i am a part of such a loving and caring group of women!!

6. Probably when my diamond sister was lavaliered.... it was a big deal...her boyfriend sang a song on a famous, rustic, bridge on campus... i had no idea what was going on at the moment...because i had just been initiated...but when i think back...it was majorly special!! Can't wait until her pinning ceremony!!!

ADDITION: Another big memory for me is my recent lavaliering by my DTD boyfriend. Wow it was great! At niagra falls with just the two of us (yes, i would have liked to share it with my sisters, but being Rho Chi that was hard)

More great memories are sure to come...hehe!!!

Last edited by lyssard; 01-12-2004 at 01:24 AM.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ADPiEpsilonChi
1. Longwood University

2. Epsilon Chi

3. Collegian- Initiated Fall 2001

4. Alumnae & New Member Coordinator

5. I was skeptical about joining a sorority but decided to go through recruitment just to see what it was about. The minute I walked into the chapter room I instantly felt at home. There wasn't a doubt in my mind that I was meant to be an ADPi.

6. Too many good memories to tell!
Old 10-24-2003, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

1. College or University
U of Central Florida (Orlando)

2. ADPi Chapter
Zeta Omega

3. Collegian or Alumnae
Alumnae

4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held
We'll be here ALL day if I start listing them! Currently enjoying life as an Alumnae Director

5. Why you joined ADPi
On the very first day of school my freshman year I went to my Physical Geography class. It was a huge auditorium full of strangers. I took a seat at random and sat next to a young woman. She took out her pen to take notes, and I noticed it had Greek letters. We struck up a conversation and several years later, we share the letters on that pen and she is one of my very best friends. From the moment I met Lisa to the moment I went through formal recruitment that following year, I knew I had met a group of unique, special and amazing women at Zeta Omega, and that has only carried over in my life as an alumna, meeting members from all over the world.

6. Favorite ADPi memory
Too many to keep track!!!
Old 10-29-2003, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

updated..

1. California State University-Sacramento
2. Eta Mu Chapter
3. Alumni
4. Scholarship Chair and Spirit Chair
5. I joined ADPi because I felt at home with them and I could be myself. They were truly warm, geniune and nice, they were "real." They wanted to get to know you and share the wonderful bond of sisterhood with you. They are not only my sisters, but are my friends.
6. I have so many. One of them was the letter from my mom read to me by my Diamond sister after Initiation. It was very emotional. I still get misty eyed evey time I read it. Another one was where we did an Alphie pass. It made us all cry. It made our bond as a chapter even stronger.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Am I the only one who's never heard of an Alphie Pass? It sounds interesting, though!!
Old 10-30-2003, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jewelladpi Send a message via Yahoo to jewelladpi
Alphie pass is way fun!!! I don't know if it can be posted on how it's done though But if we can I'll let you know how our chapter does it
Old 10-31-2003, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
We did one as well in our chapter, for many different events pertaining to what was going on in the day-to-day activities of the chapter.

Probably posting either on Pride Online or through a PM directly to the person you want to explain the Alphie Pass to is the two ways I can think of relaying the information.

/hijack
Old 11-01-2003, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

1- Univ of Pittsburgh,
2- Alpha Iota
3-Alumni
4-RVP, Secretary, and Leadership
5- all the girls seemed to be real, they were true and down to earth
6- I have had medical issues out the wazoo and I will never forget my sisters visisting me in the hospital to cheer me up, and than my one sister packing my room at my parents house, than moving me to the suite, and unpacking me while i was miserably sick and not complaining once.... that is sister hood!!!
Old 11-02-2003, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

1. College or University
Baylor University
2. ADPi Chapter
Zeta Chi
3. Collegian or Alumnae
Collegian
4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held
T shirt chair, EVP, panhellenic jr delegate
5. Why you joined ADPi
i liked that the girls on my campus were not fake like the other sororities
6. Favorite ADPi memory
having violet light @ our chapter retreats, and also being EVP during initiation ceremony

this is a great posting!!
Old 11-02-2003, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

what up ?!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ADPiZXalum
[B]1. Baylor University, Waco, Texas

2. Zeta Chi

3. Alumnae

Hey shannon !! It's megan! Miss ya!
Old 11-03-2003, 11:00 AM
ADPiZXalum

MEG DOG!!!

MEGAN!!! HOw's it goin?!!! I miss you guys so much!! Tell everyone hi for me. I'm very sorry but I cna't make it to homecoming, hopefully I'll be there in January for RECRUITMENT!!!!!
Pi love and mine, Shan Dog
Old 11-04-2003, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

1. Western Connecticut State University
2. Eta Omicron
3. Collegian
4. Historian, Public Relations, Recording Secretary and currently Greek Council Rep and Pride Leader
5. I always heard about adpi from my older sister when i was in high school. So when i came to college i knew some of the girls already and knew that this is where i wanted to be.
6. There are so many great memories, but one that sticks out in my mind was the road trip that me and the other sisters on ec had on our way to district in maryland. And the ride home when we got stuck in snow in maryland!