GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,315
0 members and 2,315 guests
No Members online

Old 08-02-2002, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Women Readers

Subject: WOMAN READERS
> >
A couple goes on vacation to a fishing resort in northern Minnesota. The husband likes to fish at the crack of dawn. The wife likes to read. One morning the husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to take a short nap. Although she isn't familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat. She motors out a short distance, anchors, and continues to read her book. Along comes the game warden in his boat. He pulls up alongside her and says, "Good morning Ma'am. What are you doing?" "Reading my book," she replies, thinking "isn't that obvious?" "You're in a restricted fishing area," he informs her. "But officer, I'm not fishing. Can't you see that?"

"Yes, but you have all the equipment. I'll have to take you in and
write you up." "If you do that, I'll have to charge you with rape,"
says the woman. "But I haven't even touched you," says the game warden. "That's true, but you do have all the equipment."

MORAL: Never argue with a woman who reads. It's likely she can also think.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-03-2002, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MoonStar17
OMG I LOVED THAT!!!
LOLOLOL

I lovvvveeeeeeee to read and i often get alot of remarks about how nerdy or old lady like it is for me to go used book store hunting for good finds...
there is this one place by my parents house that gives me books (paperbacks) for 50 cents with a trade in...and i know the people so half the time i dont even have to bring in a trade in..all the books are really new and interesting ..and i read so quick that used books are my cheapest solution

go figure though that i cant read anything school related in a hurry...tell me to read 3 chapters in whatever book and ill procrastinate to no end....
put an interesting book in my hand and it will be done by the next day...oh well!!!!!
Old 08-03-2002, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Hooray for books! That was too funny.

Now y'all get off GC and go check something out of your local library. While you're at it, go make a donation so libraries can have some money again and I can have a job.
Old 08-03-2002, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

KStar

My cousin is a librarian in SC and she was telling me that the libraries can get money for the buildings but not the books..

So even in my hometown's library, they have a beautiful building but the books (well, I won't use that language here).. The paperback romance novels were from the 70's. Guess I'll donate mine! Plus most of the shelfs are 1/2 empty/full.
Old 08-03-2002, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: KStar

Quote:
Originally posted by AGDLynn
So even in my hometown's library, they have a beautiful building but the books (well, I won't use that language here).. The paperback romance novels were from the 70's. Guess I'll donate mine! Plus most of the shelfs are 1/2 empty/full.
Thats such a shame. I love my books, they're the one thing (other than my jewelry and my photo albums) that I would NEVER part with! Even when I was a poor undergraduate, I never sold my books back.

It just seems like no one ever reads anymore.