GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,430
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, samanthaooglet8
» Online Users: 2,436
1 members and 2,435 guests
No Members online

Old 07-19-2008, 07:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Continuous Open Recruitment

Since my friends daughter missed the registration deadline I'm going to explain COR to her and tell her to fill out the COR form on the Greek Life website. My question is should she still have recommendations sent to the chapters or are recomendations strickly for formal rush only? She is attending a university out of state and doesn't know anyone. I thought perhaps this would let the chapters know she's interested in them. The university appears to have a large active possibly competitve sorority system. I'm also guessing (based on information from the Greek Life site) that the university does not have spring informal, only fall formal and then they COR until mid spring semester.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-19-2008, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Tell her to call Greek Life and beg to be added into formal recruitment. I can't imagine that they have a STRICT deadline for this stuff. She could offer to pay a larger registration fee to grease the wheel a little, but I've never heard of a school turning down PNMs unless they have more than they can handle!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 07-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

^^ Completely agree. It can't hurt to try.

If it fails, I'd send the recs anyway, but with a cover letter explaining the situation (I missed the registration date, but if your chapter finds itself in COR, I hope you'll consider me...). Just bear in mind that it will have to be worded with great sensitivity. For a chapter to have COR, they have to either not make Quota, or even if they make Quota, they haven't made Total.

Last edited by honeychile; 07-19-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Can a chapter offer a COR bid to someone they really want if they made Quota and are at Total?
Old 07-19-2008, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII4ME View Post
Can a chapter offer a COR bid to someone they really want if they made Quota and are at Total?
After formal recruitment if the chapter is at or above total they cannot offer COR bids no matter how much they "really want" someone
Old 07-19-2008, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4girls View Post
Since my friends daughter missed the registration deadline I'm going to explain COR to her and tell her to fill out the COR form on the Greek Life website. My question is should she still have recommendations sent to the chapters or are recomendations strickly for formal rush only? She is attending a university out of state and doesn't know anyone. I thought perhaps this would let the chapters know she's interested in them. The university appears to have a large active possibly competitve sorority system. I'm also guessing (based on information from the Greek Life site) that the university does not have spring informal, only fall formal and then they COR until mid spring semester.
I think it couldn't hurt to send recs for possible COR. I think somewhere on the letter it should be noted that the daughter will not be going through FR but instead COR. Since it's recruitment season it might confuse them to see a rec for someone they don't see on the PNM lists.

If the campus has a competitive Greek system, it should also be noted that even if one or more sororities find themselves COR'ing after FR, it's possible that those spots will be even harder to get since COR usually involves a fewer number of spots and a larger amount of women going for those few spots (if it is competitive).