GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Events

Events Is your organization hosting an Event or do you know about an upcoming Event and would like to get the word out? Post all Event related information here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,255
3 members and 1,252 guests
3DGator, FSUZeta, LaneSig

Old 05-20-2007, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Black Bike Week 07 - Myrtle Beach, SC !!

What up Fam!

Anyone here headed down to Myrtle Beack for Black Bike Week? I have been for the last 3 years ..... and its Crazy! If you are (FEMALE) and are going .... Holla at your boy. Let's be cordial (smiling) .... Fellas that are going .... be safe!

My Crew and I are rolling down from Cleveland about 15-20 Deep! There is a good mix of us too .... Greeks and NonGreeks. We are not a club .... "We Just Ride!" If you are going to be there .... hit me up!

If not, and you have been before ..... let folks know what its like!

Last edited by Mistah06; 05-20-2007 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 05-23-2007, 12:25 PM
GC Member

Send a message via AIM to OneTimeSBX Send a message via Yahoo to OneTimeSBX
i stopped going down to black bike week after i ended up down at MB for the other bike week. there is a huge difference between the two. the police presence is different, the overall atmosphere just isnt right to me. i truly felt as though they didnt want "US" there, but since it brings in so much money they cant say too much. the "other" bike week was much more enjoyable for me (i was down there with a vendor) and seemed to me that everyone actually wanted them to be there...
Old 05-23-2007, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhrozenGod01 Send a message via Yahoo to PhrozenGod01
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTimeSBX View Post
i stopped going down to black bike week after i ended up down at MB for the other bike week. there is a huge difference between the two. the police presence is different, the overall atmosphere just isnt right to me. i truly felt as though they didnt want "US" there, but since it brings in so much money they cant say too much. the "other" bike week was much more enjoyable for me (i was down there with a vendor) and seemed to me that everyone actually wanted them to be there...
What do you mean by "US" and which bike week was worse? Your post was a little bit confusing (which is the other bike week). I've seen pictures from several different bike weeks and they all look like there is the same festive atmosphere.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

ill def. be down there
Old 05-25-2007, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrozenGod01 View Post
What do you mean by "US" and which bike week was worse? Your post was a little bit confusing (which is the other bike week). I've seen pictures from several different bike weeks and they all look like there is the same festive atmosphere.
I stumbled upon the Daytona Beach Bike Week in 2000 and it didn't consist of black people as far as I could tell.

It turned me off to bike weeks PERIOD but there was little to no police presence. I don't know if that's indicative of the different types of bike weeks on the east coast or if Daytona's annual bike week (that's a huge deal to a lot of people) isn't well policed.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:19 PM
GC Member

Send a message via AIM to OneTimeSBX Send a message via Yahoo to OneTimeSBX
ok... to clarify, i have attended the "black" bike week as well as the "white" bike week (hence the "us" and "them" to be polite)

the "white" bike week was better organized, and it seemed to be more of an actual event than the "black" bike week. i went to "white" bike week with a friend of mines who owns a tshirt/embroidery business and helped pass out flyers, etc. the police presence was there, of course, but nowhere near what it was during "black" bike week. that trip i went down as a tourist with a few girlfriends of mine who own bikes. it was just as though a bunch of "us" got together, the guys shined up their vehicles and the girls got as legally naked as possible. it was (for lack of a better work) ghetto! someone told me that it depends on what part of Myrtle Beach you are at. i also know from a friend of mines who grew up there, the strip is opened up more for the "white" bike week than it is the "black"...
Old 05-28-2007, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

There is also a Black Bike Week in Daytona...ive went to it once, but I dont think it is as big as the White Bike week in Daytona or even the MB one...it usually takes place right after the Regular spring break in March and Before the Black College Reunion..
Old 05-25-2007, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Everyone PLEASE be careful!!

People die during this weekend due to carelessness and alcohol. Have fun but remember that it isn't worth your life.