GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,449
2 members and 2,447 guests
TLLK

Old 09-26-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
It's funny you mention TPA. A few months back, I let an intern use my office while I was out. When I returned, she said, "That's cool you are a Phi Mu" (I have plaques and an NPC poster up)--"I'm a Theta." I said, "Where were you a Kappa Alpha Theta?" She looked at me and said, "No. I'm a Theta Phi Alpha from XYZ University." I was perplexed because I've never heard anyone refer to TPA as Theta.
I discovered one of my coworkers is a Theta and it perplexed me that she kept referring it to Kappa Alpha Theta. I just wanted to stop her and say "It's okay. I know it's THETA!"
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-27-2011, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
It's funny you mention TPA. A few months back, I let an intern use my office while I was out. When I returned, she said, "That's cool you are a Phi Mu" (I have plaques and an NPC poster up)--"I'm a Theta." I said, "Where were you a Kappa Alpha Theta?" She looked at me and said, "No. I'm a Theta Phi Alpha from XYZ University." I was perplexed because I've never heard anyone refer to TPA as Theta.
While members of my chapter always refer to ourselves as Theta Phi, the rest of the campus rarely calls us anything other than Theta.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergal1985 View Post
While members of my chapter always refer to ourselves as Theta Phi, the rest of the campus rarely calls us anything other than Theta.
It kind of reminds me of how I sometimes hear people call us "Phi Mu" or refer to us as "Phi Mus" if there's no Phi Mu chapter on campus. Ummmm . . . No.

(And we call ourselves "Sinfonians," not "Phi Mu Alphas," though I can see why others latch on to the Greek letters instead of the Sinfonia part of our name.)