GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,371
1 members and 1,370 guests
Xidelt

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2017, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

What to do after being dropped by every house?

I am a freshman at a big state school where Greek life is not very competitive (roughly 13% of undergrads are involved). I decided to rush, even though it was a little out of my comfort zone. There are 12 and we had the potential to get invited back by up to eight chapters for second rounds. The morning of second rounds I got a call from my rho gamma sayig I didn't get invited back by any houses. I understand recruitment is tough, but I'm a little confused as to why I was immediately dropped by every house and didn't even have a chance to continue on in the process. I really felt like I had some good conversations with many of the women at many of the houses. I thought for sure at least a few would see a potential match. I thought I dressed super cute and acted true to myself... I didn't have any recs, but they're not that important at my school so I didn't think they would be a huge deal, especially since I wasn't looking to specifically get into one of the more competitive chapters on my campus. I avoided talking about the 5 "b's" (although one girl asked me where my glasses were from and I answered, so I guess I violated the no talking about brands rule). So my questions are: what could have gone wrong? Should I even bother trying with spring recruitment or COB if none of the houses wanted me this first time? Thanks!

Quick information:
GPA: 3.9, national merit finalist
Service Hours: 200+
Extra-Curriculars: Research, music (7 instruments), photography, volunteering, working 2 jobs

Thanks!