GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,402
0 members and 2,402 guests
No Members online

Old 11-06-2002, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to agdshorty
Exclamation leaving soon

hey ladies

i just wanted to let you all know that i'm getting ready to leave for army basic training in about a 1 1/2 months so i won't be on here until may. i just wanted to say good bye to everyone for a little while and if you could write me back and give some encouraging words i would really love that because i'm really nervous and scared. i need my sisters love and support behind me to get through this. hopefull i will talk to you soon.

loyally in epi
nicole
western kentucky univesity
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-06-2002, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Best of luck!!

From personal experience, I know that BT can be very strenuous and stressful so take care of yourself!!

How long will you be at BT? Send me your mail address and I'll send you notes! How about cookies too?!

Loyally and love!
Lynn
Old 11-06-2002, 09:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to theta sig agd
Wow!! Army? No way I could do it. I did the Air Force thing and that was enough!! My brother went through the Army, but I just couldnt do it!! Good luck!!!

Send me your addy too and I will drop you a note!!

Are you going through Basic Training or through Field training? I went through AFROTC and it was Field training, and there is a big difference between the two for the air force.

Good luck!!
Old 11-06-2002, 10:34 PM
UMgirl

Nicole, Good Luck and Best Wishes in Basic Training. Just remember that even though, it may be scary, but you can get through and do anything that you set your mind too. Plus you're an AGD and your sisters will be thinking about ya! Please PM me your info too so that I can drop you a letter or note and maybe a lil something

LiEP,
Tonya
Old 11-06-2002, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Nicole, we are all so proud of you! I know you're going to have a challenging experience ahead, but it will bring with it personal growth. Take care, stay safe, and know that we'll be thinking about you!

L&L,
Leslie
Old 11-06-2002, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
i hope you can find a way to get us all your addy. i know how every piece of mail is vital in basic. where are you going? and what's your MOS?do you head to AIT after that? absolute best of luck - always remember that your drill sergeants are human too and that basic is just a mind and body f$&*. it DOES end - it's not forever and you'll be in kick a$$ shape afterwards. make friends with your battle buddy - and don't break the rules too much. stay WARM!!!!!! and stay HEALTHY. always take time to balance yourself and don't stay up too late writing letters (sleep means too much). do your best and never say that you can't because then you won't. basic is idiot proof but there's always somebody willing to pull you down - stay above that. oh yah =) take care of your feet and take PLENTY of writing/phone cards/stamps with you. and learn to spit shine your boots. heh heh. best of luck!

marissa

edited to add - take 'bout 8 sports bras and one regular bra and 'bout 12 pairs of plain white underwear with you - it's too much of a pain in the A$$ to get it there. WRITE YOUR LAST NAME IN EVERY PAIR _ GIRLS WILL STEAL THEM. and don't drink milk or hold your breath on the day you go to the gas chamber (you'll puke pretty colors)

i'll keep adding as i remember stuff - heh heh.
A GD

Last edited by squirrely girl; 11-06-2002 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Nicole,

Good luck and God Bless. We will be thinking about you and praying for you. I know you will make it through! We want to hear all about it when you get back.

LIEP,
Maria

(PS: I will get your address from one of the sisters here. Please don't trouble yourself trying to PM all of us!)
Old 11-07-2002, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

A thought

You could do an IHQ site sister search by city where you are going and contact an AGD to give you the scoop and a smile..(and maybe a homecooked meal )