GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,278
1 members and 2,277 guests
Pinkmagnolia921

Old 02-10-2004, 07:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Relationships

ok, so i used "relationships" as the title for this thread only for the fact that we don't have one per se...

so this is sorta the vent/show-off/advise thread for our relationships.

alrighty, i'm going first... (warning---this is a long one!)

so this guy adi contacts me on collegiatecircuit.com (good website by the way-in case you wanna join and be my friend ) a couple of weeks ago and tells me how beautiful i am and crap like that. ok, so i was amused by it all, whatever. so then i finally give in and give him my number. he calls and we chit chat for about a week, then he asks me out. now mind you, i haven't been in a relationship in God only knows how long... so i was up for a night out. ok, so he makes plans to meet me down here (since he lives up in BFE ventura county---like an hour away) on super bowl sunday. now, i'm not a big football lover, but super bowl is one of those things that i enjoy watching every year. but i went along with it... so we made plans to go out that afternoon.

now, here's where the curveball comes into play...

saturday night (the night BEFORE i'm suppose to go out with adi) i call my best friend katie and ask her to go out. she tells me sure, but if it's ok that her cousin aaron goes with us. of course, i tell her. well, lemme inform you... this cousin is, well let's just say... HOT!!!! and it doesn't help that he's also single. so anyways, we end up going to this bar that my mom's friend's friend's band is playing at. so my mom and her friends are there too. ok, so aaron is still really hot and really single, so i flirt. there's nothing wrong with that... i mean, i'm not married to this other guy---we haven't even met yet! yeah, well to skip all the boring stuff, aaron and i have a little fun... (no, not like "that") it was so nice being able to enjoy holding hands, hugging, kissing, etc. again... without all the drama and crap. so we have this fantastic night and of course his phone is completely dead and he doesn't know his number (since he just moved here from chicago) and all that jazz... so he tells me that he's gonna get my number from katie.

ok, so here comes sunday and my date with adi. i really did try, but the whole day, i couldn't get aaron off my mind! and adi was just kinda really annoying me... so i felt really bad for not giving him his just chance and told him that i'd go out with him again.

now it's monday (of last week) and adi calls me like 15 friggin times, but no call from aaron. katie calls me and asks what happened and so i fill her in, slightly... i mean, this is her cousin we're talking about! and she tells me that he hasn't said anything... oh what a slap in the face. on one hand i have this boy that can't stop calling me, that's really starting to get on my last nerve---on the other hand i have this boy that i can't stop thinking about, that hasn't even asked for my number!

ok, so monday, tuesday, wednesday goes by and adi calls me like a billion times throughout those three days... i sent him to voicemail prolly 70% of those times. (ok, i never said i was an angel) but then on thursday---nothing. i was kinda already over aaron not calling, but now adi too? great! but i wasn't really stressing, because all that boy wanted to talk about was sex! ok, hello, i'm more than just a baby-maker! plus, what made him think i would have sex with him anyway???

so then the weekend... nothing still. on saturday katie comes over and we talk and stuff... but i don't mention aaron. my mom does, but i just play it off like it was nothing. well she ends up text messaging me a couple hours after she left, telling me that aaron asked for my number, with plans of calling me and yadda yadda yadda, like that. so i get all excited, because aaron is finally gonna call me.

yeah, so no calls on sunday. none on monday, except from adi. what the hell? i'm sorry, you call me all the time and then nothing for four days and then you call me? no, you go to voicemail.

so now what? my friend sergio, who i consider my brother, tells me tonight that guys are just that way. what way? either sexually driven to annoy the hell out of you, or completely unaware that you've been sitting by the phone waiting for them to call? (thank God i didn't hold my breath... i'd be dead right now) it's so sad, because i know what not to do, and what i should do in these situations, but i never seem to follow them. URGH!

ok, so that's my story. any advise would be appreciated. but i'd really appreciate someone going over to aaron and telling him that he needs to friggin call me already!!!

what is it with guys, anyway???

~Beth

(sorry for the REALLY long post...)

diokete hupsala
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-11-2004, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Beth hang in there !!!!!!!!!

BOYS SUCK... who knows maybe Aaron HAS just been really busy.. I mean I know making a phone call is like not that too time consuming... HOWEVER... maybe he wants to call when he'll actually have time to talk and everything ?? who knows... if not just try and keep busy... and maybe you should tell Adi that you're really just not too interested when/if he calls again I mean if you really don't like him.. let him know so he stops blowing up your voice mail... =)
Old 02-11-2004, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

aaron might also be waiting until it's closer to the weekend to call... i know a lot of guys feel like they need a reason to make that first call, i.e. to find out if the girl wants to hang out that weekend or something. i don't know very many guys who make the first call on a tuesday night, just to chat. and i know NO guys who make plans for the weekend so early in the week.

Hang in there, keep us posted!
Old 02-12-2004, 04:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrincessHeather
i agree with the he might really be busy, deal. You mentioned he just moved here. Getting adjusted can take some getting used to. Also, I don't know how on I am about this one, but maybe he wants to wait to call you till after V-day. Some guys hate such a mushy day. Or maybe he thinks you'll think he's cheesey if he wants to go out so close to Valentines Day. hmmm k that doesn't make much sense, but hey sounds like something a guy would justify, so ya never know!

p.s. I loved how you talked about the other guy. "no, you go to voicemail" I thought that was too funny.

good luck
Old 02-13-2004, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

I decided to share a nice story for you ladies, since men seem to suck so much right now.

Yesterday, I was having one of those days where you hate everything about yourself. You know, you hate your hair, your clothes, etc. Of course I was stuck at work and not in bed like I wanted to be. Anyway, I emailed my boyfriend (who was also working) telling him about my horrible day. He called me before I got off work and wanted to know how I was holding up. I told him I was fine~I was going to go to the gym to release my frustrations. I got off work, went to they gym, and eventually got home. Around 9:30 PM, I hear a knock at my door. Yup, it's my boyfriend with a huge sunflower for me!!! I was so excited (I've never had a sunflower before!). He's such a wonderful guy...he said he knew I had a hard day and he thought the flower might cheer me up! He also put me to sleep by giving me an incredible back-rub.

Moral of the story....

Beth, you will one day fine a wonderful man to treat you like the princess you truely are. Don't give up hope...he'll come when you least expect it!
Old 02-13-2004, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I've come to realize I'm just clueless when it comes to guys....
I just don't pick up when they're hitting on me, until a day later and I'm like...wait a sec...

For instance:
Last week I went to Greek Dinner on campus and met some folks, and then the following night i was actually out a bar celebrating a friends birthday....

well, this one guy i met at greek dinner was there and we talked a bit off and on...at this one point he asked why I wasn't gone yet (i had told him i was leaving) and I said it was because my ride met a hot guy.
he replied that he wished he was a hot guy...I had no clue what to respond, since i rarely find "hot" guys attractive (i know that's weird) so it's not necessarily a compliment, so I said I wish I was a hot chic...and he kinda nudged my arm and said i was and i was said I was ok, but not hot, and, etc etc...

so a couple days ago i'm leaving work to go home and he walks by - big smile too, usually most guys just give me a nod or grunt a "hi", and we talked for a minute....

But now, i foresee no further development...not to mention I don't know anything about the guy....except his fraternity

Anyway, I just wanted everyone to know, that even if i guy comes right up and flirts with me, I wouldn't have a clue
Old 02-14-2004, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks everyone for the encouragement...

A lil update: Adi called me from an unknown number and then proceeded to tell me that he was his friend, James. What the hell? Nah, man I could tell by his accent it was Adi. Was he really trying to get me all caught up in some melo-drama??? Sorry I'm not Susan Lucci. And I still haven't heard from Aaron. I think that the little shred of hope that I had, is gone. Obviously HE doesn't know what he's missing out on!!!

~Beth

diokete hupsala